vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316415

Update from 3.8.7 to 3.8.8 - Won't read spiders_vbulletin.xml
by Smitty
04 Jan 2015 11:55

After updating from 3.8.7 to 3.8.8 - Won't read spiders_vbulletin.xml

I uploaded the new files and over-wrote the spiders_vbulletin.xml file. I noticed a day later that online.php was using the default file and remembered I use one I have modified over the years. So, I promptly uploaded my backup spiders_vbulletin.xml file, but it kept using the default file.

In the past, I have made changes to the file and the changes took effect immediately.

Is this cached in 3.8.8 or something?

One of the things I tried was rebuilding the datastore using the "tools.php" util. After doing that, *all* spiders* in the file show up as guests in online.php It's not showing any spiders now as spiders - They all show as guests.

I compared the 3.8.7 and 3.8.8 online.php files and they're the same.

Any ideas, folks?

ozzy47 04 Jan 2015 11:59

All you should have to do is load the new XML, and it should take affect. I would use the list I made vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!

Smitty 04 Jan 2015 12:32

Yeah - That is the problem - It stopped working. What do you mean by "load" the new xml file? I uploaded it, and to the correct directory, checked file permissions and all that. Everything looks correct.

It's not critical - I can live with it this way, but I did use it frequently to easily gage visitors vs. spiders now and again. Just throwing this out there in case someone else has experienced the problem (I guess not - I've done a lot of searches and haven't found anything).

I'm made changes to the spiders_vbulletin.xml many, many times before without a problem. Changes always took effect immediately. Now - It's as if it's not there.

I checked mods. I do have Guest Tracking 3.8.003 ( http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201214 ) installed. Uninstalled it but no joy.

Does anyone know where (which file, and code lines in the file if you know the line numbers) the spiders xml file is called to be parsed?

I can't find anything else that isn't working since the update which I did on 1 January. "Standard" upgrade process, no errors, no user "Problem Reports".

This just doesn't make sense.

Smitty 09 Jan 2015 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy47 (Post 2530396)
All you should have to do is load the new XML, and it should take affect. I would use the list I made vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!

I visited your forum and signed up. I downloaded your list and will try it later.

I'm still not sure what the problem is. I found that as long as I uploaded the stock file from the 3.8.8 update and manually added spiders by editing the file using sftp (using Transmit's editor) it works as it should. I haven't tried uploading yours yet, but I will later today, probably, and let you know what happens.

ozzy47 09 Jan 2015 14:29

Yeah let me know how it goes. :)

Smitty 09 Jan 2015 16:33

I just tried it and it works. Must be something in my old file or something that - Well, it worked before the upgrade so I just don't know what happened.

Very strange, indeed.

ozzy47 09 Jan 2015 18:54

Well glad to hear my version is working. I would be willing to bet three is more spiders identified it it as well, the count is now 1000. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.