vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=321540

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemOnstar (Post 2563034)
You don't need any knowledge. I don't have knowledge on database issues either.
It is all done from your server. cpanel takes you to php MyAdmin and all database creation and deleting, importing, copying etc is done from there. Even if you learn how to copy your database, you are already doing one of the most important tasks that you will need forever.

COPY your database and download it now!

Ok can you explain please how to do step by step ? BTW , if installation will gonna be successful and I will want to put old database, how can I do that ?

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 14:09

Do you have cpanel on your server?

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 14:15

Which ? I have phpadmin panel , and ovh cpanel

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 14:17

Go to phpMyAdmin panel.

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 14:20

ATM I'm at work, so I can't do anything now , but can you explain please step by step , hope I can fix that , as I see support from vbulletin is really badly.

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 14:36

3 Attachment(s)
My cpanel looks like this. . .

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1453303317

You will find php MyAdmin on there and MySQL Databases.
To copy your database go to phpMyAdmin, select your databse from the pane on the right. You will see its name. Click on it and you will get a page that looks similar to this..

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1453303735

At the top you can see OPERATIONS.. Click on that..

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1453303917

Where it says 'copy database to' give your new database a name and click GO

Or as an alternative, instead of choosing OPERATIONS, you could choose EXPORT and do it that way instead.

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 14:37

So just to be sure. I will make database backup now , than I will install new version of soft , and it will be clean forum , after I will need to delete all tables on new database and to import old one yea? But I will need to do again upgrade for that and it can be same issue ,.

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2016 at 14:46 ---------------

I think it won't work, because I will make backup of trash database , so when I will do importing of old database it will request to do upgrade ,and I can have same issue.

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustvasea97 (Post 2563043)
So just to be sure. I will make database backup now , than I will install new version of soft , and it will be clean forum , after I will need to delete all tables on new database and to import old one yea? But I will need to do again upgrade for that and it can be same issue ,.

1. Make back up yes. You should do this before any upgrade or before you test anything or do anything. Your database will hold everything you have done.

2. Create a new database, it should have the same name and username details as you have put in your config.php.

3. Run the install like you did when you made your first successful attempt.
http://yoursite/core/install/install.php or whatever.
Let the install do it's job. You might remember the page that tells you to remove the install folder before you go to admincp. Do that.

4. When complete, go to the database that has been newly created and delete all tables.

5. Then go to the IMPORT feature at the top of the page and import the database you safely copied and downloaded. Import it to the database you have deleted all tables from.

6. It might also be an idea to test the copied database for anything else?

From memory, this is the way I would do it. Make sure your config.php reflects the names and paswords etc. . . . .

If it fails, you have still achieved in learning how to do the most important maintenance task ever.
Copying your database for backup purposes.

Good luck..

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2016 at 15:00 ---------------

If your database is trash then you have nothing to lose.
Just do the install and begin again with your newly gained advantage. . .

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemOnstar (Post 2563047)
1. Make back up yes. You should do this before any upgrade or before you test anything or do anything. Your database will hold everything you have done.

2. Create a new database, it should have the same name and username details as you have put in your config.php.

3. Run the install like you did when you made your first successful attempt.
http://yoursite/core/install/install.php or whatever.
Let the install do it's job. You might remember the page that tells you to remove the install folder before you go to admincp. Do that.

4. When complete, go to the database that has been newly created and delete all tables.

5. Then go to the IMPORT feature at the top of the page and import the database you safely copied and downloaded. Import it to the database you have deleted all tables from.

6. It might also be an idea to test the copied database for anything else?

From memory, this is the way I would do it. Make sure your config.php reflects the names and paswords etc. . . . .

If it fails, you have still achieved in learning how to do the most important maintenance task ever.
Copying your database for backup purposes.

Good luck..

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2016 at 15:00 ---------------

If your database is trash then you have nothing to lose.
Just do the install and begin again with your newly gained advantage. . .

Yes , but I don't wanna lose data from my database...

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustvasea97 (Post 2563049)
Yes , but I don't wanna lose data from my database...

But that is the whole point and why you are copying it!!! You are copying it so you don't lose it.
Then you say it is trash. So why copy trash?

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 15:18

BTW , how I can remove table's from new database?

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2016 at 15:21 ---------------

So in case if your suggestion doesn't work ,vbulletin supporting team , can restore everything and to fix that issue ?

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustvasea97 (Post 2563052)
BTW , how I can remove table's from new database?

Scroll to the bottom of the table page. Click 'Check All' and select drop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustvasea97 (Post 2563052)
So in case if your suggestion doesn't work ,vbulletin supporting team , can restore everything and to fix that issue ?

They will hardly be able to fix your database or be willing to do that. .

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 15:38

I will try to do that in couple of hours, I will answer here in both case if it was successfully or not . Thanks for help. Hope it will work.

DemOnstar 20 Jan 2016 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustvasea97 (Post 2563056)
I will try to do that in couple of hours, I will answer here in both case if it was successfully or not . Thanks for help. Hope it will work.

Make sure you have a copy of your original database before doing anything. Whether it is trashed or not, get used to making database backups. They should be done regularly as a routine.

Never attempt to install mods or script edits until you have a copy of your database to fall back on.

Hectorsky 20 Jan 2016 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemOnstar (Post 2563057)
Make sure you have a copy of your original database before doing anything. Whether it is trashed or not, get used to making database backups. They should be done regularly as a routine.

Never attempt to install mods or script edits until you have a copy of your database to fall back on.

Step 1 - Connection successful
Table Conflict
Creating access table
An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.

Module: install, Step 2 Database Error:1050

Table 'access' already exists

Query:

CREATE TABLE access (
userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
nodeid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
accessmask SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY userid (userid, nodeid)
) ENGINE = InnoDB


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.