vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83486

ManagerJosh 28 Dec 2005 08:51

It would be rather nice to see a version of this hack, but expanded to include bouncing Happy Birthday Emails, Bouncing Activaton Emails.

Freezerator 31 Dec 2005 07:54

Hi,

i have installed this hack but it seems it doens't pick the right e-mail account out for sending e-mails. In my settings i have [email protected] but he still uses my old e-mail adres where i receive those bounced e-mails.

I have upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.5.2, in 3.0.7 worked perfect. I have activated the plugin.

trainer 08 Jan 2006 19:27

any way to expand this to other emails sent out by the forums?

as suggested in this thread
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102943

willing to pay for a solution that will work on my server, vbouncer is already working without a problem - PM me if you can help

FD929 11 Jan 2006 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezerator
Hi,

i have installed this hack but it seems it doens't pick the right e-mail account out for sending e-mails. In my settings i have [email protected] but he still uses my old e-mail adres where i receive those bounced e-mails.

I have upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.5.2, in 3.0.7 worked perfect. I have activated the plugin.

Same here. I've read the entire thread and the problem was addressed but not fixed.
Subscription emails are still being sent by the webmaster email address.

vBouncer sender email
Test Result
Valid vBouncer email account ([email protected]) Passed
vBouncer email account ([email protected]) differs from webmaster account Passed

vBouncer Spool File Diagnostics (ignore if using IMAP/POP)
Test Result
vBouncer email spool file () exists Failed
vBouncer email spool file () is writable Failed
vBouncer email spool file () is readable Failed

vBouncer pattern config file diagnostics
Test Result
vbouncer.inc file exists Passed
vbouncer.inc file is readable Passed

vBouncer IMAP/POP Diagnostics (ignore if not using IMAP/POP)
Test Result
Your PHP installation supports IMAP/POP Passed
Your IMAP/POP settings can connect Passed

I was using SMTP before attempting to use this, and subscriptions stopped working. Switched to php and emails are being sent, but from the webmaster address.

Freezerator 12 Jan 2006 07:42

I see that you also are running 3.5.2. Are there more people who run 3.5.2 or 3.5.3 who experiance this problem?

patvdv 25 Jan 2006 18:49

Hi,

I am running vb3.5.3 and have the problem of empty Return Path which has popped up before in this thread. I am using the spool file method and my bounce emails are being collected correctly in the bouce mailbox. However, all mails end up with an empty Return-Path setting:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Even if manually modify the Return-Path value in the mailbox file, the vbouncer Stats still does not pick up these emails.

Any idea what is going wrong? I am using postfix as mail system by the way.

Regards,

Pat.

tamarian 26 Jan 2006 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by patvdv
Hi,

I am running vb3.5.3 and have the problem of empty Return Path which has popped up before in this thread. I am using the spool file method and my bounce emails are being collected correctly in the bouce mailbox. However, all mails end up with an empty Return-Path setting:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Even if manually modify the Return-Path value in the mailbox file, the vbouncer Stats still does not pick up these emails.

Any idea what is going wrong? I am using postfix as mail system by the way.

Regards,

Pat.

What does the diagnoastics results show? Make sure you enter the bouncer email in the settings. If you use smtp, switch to PHP and see if this makes a difference.

patvdv 27 Jan 2006 10:45

Hi Tamarian,

The diagnostics screen show all PASSED except for the IMAP/POP settings which I do intend to use. The bouncer email address is filled in. I am also using PHP's mail() function rather than SMTP.

Regards,

Pat.

joefitz 28 Jan 2006 06:09

Just wanted to say everything worked just fine for me... 3.5.3 windows installation with remote POP mailbox. No hiccups at all! Fantastic!

tamarian 28 Jan 2006 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by patvdv
The diagnostics screen show all PASSED except for the IMAP/POP settings which I do intend to use. The bouncer email address is filled in. I am also using PHP's mail() function rather than SMTP.

Make sure the plugin is active. When testing, make sure to test with a thread notification, and inspect the header.

guvner 29 Jan 2006 07:38

Hi tamarian - great idea, nice hack and thanks for the effort !

Mine's installed on 3.5 (patched to 3.52) and all seems fine - but for some reason I now get a parse error when emails are sent:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/XXXXX/public_html/community/includes/class_mail.php(254) : eval()'d code on line 10

The emails go through OK - I'm using IMAP/POP and get green lights on the diagnostics:

vbouncer.inc file exists Passed
vbouncer.inc file is readable Passed
Your PHP installation supports IMAP/POP Passed
Your IMAP/POP settings can connect Passed

If I disable the plugin the error stops - any ideas?

Thanks - Mike :)

kau 11 Feb 2006 02:00

I run PLESK and can't get this to work. I get:

Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in /includes/cron/vbouncer-collect.php on line 162

GNDI 16 Feb 2006 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraumTeam
A short help from me for users with the problems of imap/pop access:

I the access does not work and all settings are correct try:
{127.0.0.1:110/pop3/notls}INBOX

There could be a certificate failure with the internal IMAP Access on the server.

Perhaps its interesting for the FAQ ...

Rob

Thanks This did it :rolleyes:

bada_bing 16 Feb 2006 03:46

This sounds like a cool hack and much needed on my site. Has this been verified for vb 3.5.3 or will it be updated to work on that version?

GNDI 16 Feb 2006 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bada_bing
This sounds like a cool hack and much needed on my site. Has this been verified for vb 3.5.3 or will it be updated to work on that version?

I just installed it on my 3.5.3 and it seems to run perfectly, now I'm just waiting to see some ++++ing rats fall into the trap :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.