vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=226914

Lynne 22 Jan 2010 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by princeedward (Post 1963676)
Thanks Lynne...manage to create also this great tutorial from you....just can't figure it out how to hide this DropDown Menu to Guest...tried the one you mention above but no luck...

can you please assist me here...

Please post your whole plugin, not just part of it.

thanks....for the quick reply Lynne...here it is...
by princeedward
22 Jan 2010 21:20

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

just like i said just want to hide the Misc. Menu to Unregistered Groups... or else everthing....

Lynne 23 Jan 2010 00:16

Change the x in the condition to the usergroupid you want to show it to. Or use this:

and change the x to the usergroupid you do NOT want to show it to.

princeedward 23 Jan 2010 05:35

fantastic Lynne....thanks once again for your help... ;):up:

Naxon 28 Jan 2010 14:19

how do I put the tab before the "What's New?" tab and not after it?

Storyteller69 28 Jan 2010 14:43

Read the article:
Quote:

You may use a different template_hook here - it just depends on where you want your tab to be - navtab_start and navtab_middle are also available.

Naxon 28 Jan 2010 14:47

I don't have these hook locations...

Lynne 28 Jan 2010 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naxon (Post 1968905)
I don't have these hook locations...

If you don't have them, then you removed them and you will have to add them back. (We are talking about the *tempate_hook* locations here, not the plugin hook location.)

Naxon 28 Jan 2010 18:17

oops, my bad...

but 'navtab_middle' puts it before the blogs tab, how do I put it between the blogs tab and the what's new tab?

Lynne 28 Jan 2010 18:40

Change the Execution Order of the plugin.

worried 30 Jan 2010 14:37

I'd like to make a blog category into a tab while at the same time not activating the Blogs tab. Would this be the proper format?

Lynne 30 Jan 2010 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by worried (Post 1970444)
I'd like to make a blog category into a tab while at the same time not activating the Blogs tab. Would this be the proper format?

You'll have to just try it and see. If you have the regular blog tab disabled, then I don't think it is going to interfere with that one, so I would guess it should work.

trilOByte 08 Feb 2010 03:45

Hi Lynne,

Been trying to figure this one out.

All I want to do is add a new tab that displays the following....

...search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post&include=27,35,59,76,84,85

That gives me todays posts from a select group of forums that I have as sales forums. By clicking on the tab, my members can view "Todays Ads".

The tab works, in so far as it throws up the right results, but it doesnt stay selected. I believe this is because THIS_SCRIPT is "search" which is not unique. Do you know of any way to resolve this? I dont want submenus or anything else, I just want to put this link in the tabs at the top of my forum.

I've tried the different tabs mods, I've tried tabs with templates and your mod and the same problem occurs with all of them. At this point, I'm thinking how bad is a piece of software that wont allow a simple link to be added to the menu system? I'm generally liking vB4, but the navbar is truly awful. I'm starting to think this is not actually possible.

Lynne 08 Feb 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trilOByte (Post 1977119)
Hi Lynne,

Been trying to figure this one out.

All I want to do is add a new tab that displays the following....

...search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post&include=27,35,59,76,84,85

That gives me todays posts from a select group of forums that I have as sales forums. By clicking on the tab, my members can view "Todays Ads".

The tab works, in so far as it throws up the right results, but it doesnt stay selected. I believe this is because THIS_SCRIPT is "search" which is not unique. Do you know of any way to resolve this? I dont want submenus or anything else, I just want to put this link in the tabs at the top of my forum.

I've tried the different tabs mods, I've tried tabs with templates and your mod and the same problem occurs with all of them. At this point, I'm thinking how bad is a piece of software that wont allow a simple link to be added to the menu system? I'm generally liking vB4, but the navbar is truly awful. I'm starting to think this is not actually possible.

You could include an "AND $_REQUEST['do'] == 'getdaily'" in the condition. You may have to modify the condition for What's New in the navbar also so that yours may become active (AND $_REQUEST['do'] != 'getdaily').

abdulbasitsaeed 09 Feb 2010 01:44

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, Lynne. :)

I had a question related to tabs. I actually created a separate thread for it, but somehow it hasn't got answered yet.

Actually, in the tabs, I wanted to add icons / images along with the link as well. e.g. add a home icon in the Home tab (on the left of "Home" text). The only thing I couldn't figure out was where exactly would I need to add the image source for the desired icon?

I messed around a bit, and in "blog_navbar_link" found the following code:

Then, I changed it to this:

This inserted the image in the correct place (see screenshot), but I would like to have it so that the word "Blogs" remains in the center of the tab, i.e. both image and text are inline instead of Blogs being pushed down.

Could you help me with this please? :)