vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328133

Hostboard 24 Nov 2020 13:28

I would recommend that you add a service to your list of qualifications you are willing to offer in that "Upgrade VB4 to PHP 7.4.x" as unfortunately publishing any of the core code even here is against the rules. many sites are already running under this version of PHP with zero issues. There have been quite a few here and on other VB related sites wanting to update PHP so I think there is a niche market for this.

Just a side note, my site just got updated to MariaDB 10.5.8 and seems to be no issues with that either.

ChrisTERiS 25 Nov 2020 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2604813)
Will you still be releasing the newsletter and classifieds mods as part of XEN?

Newsletter is a bundle of 2 separate modules:
  1. First I'll complete the Mailinglist module. Have already the functions to Subscribe/Unsubscribe, so what left is to add the Newsletter creation.
  2. Second is the Member Newsletter which will includes forum activity. If I use the exact same code as my old mod, does not needs lot of work, as the only that need to change are some (few) templates.
But I can't fix a date for release. The good point is that I finished with XLForo, both script and website, so I can focus now again the XenvB4.

ChrisTERiS 25 Nov 2020 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostboard (Post 2604814)
I would recommend that you add a service to your list of qualifications you are willing to offer in that "Upgrade VB4 to PHP 7.4.x" as unfortunately publishing any of the core code even here is against the rules. many sites are already running under this version of PHP with zero issues. There have been quite a few here and on other VB related sites wanting to update PHP so I think there is a niche market for this.

Just a side note, my site just got updated to MariaDB 10.5.8 and seems to be no issues with that either.

Sorry, don't have in my plans to offer such services due to lack of free time. Someone else who released here PHP 7.3 compatibility, has also updated his files for 7.4, but don't know if he is willing to release them in public.

As for the copyrights. In this case, law is not strict, for 2 reasons:
  1. Product has officially marked as EOL.
  2. Everybody can look around to find a way to keep his investment alive. Buying something is always an investment, which also has rights according to the law. Nobody can push someone to continue upgrading a script, but on the same case, nobody can restrict a user to find a way to protect his investment as long as the company does not offers it.

cdoyle 25 Nov 2020 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS (Post 2604824)
  1. First I'll complete the Mailinglist module. Have already the functions to Subscribe/Unsubscribe, so what left is to add the Newsletter creation.
  2. Second is the Member Newsletter which will includes forum activity. If I use the exact same code as my old mod, does not needs lot of work, as the only that need to change are some (few) templates.
But I can't fix a date for release. The good point is that I finished with XLForo, both script and website, so I can focus now again the XenvB4.

That's great to hear that XEN will still be developed and the additional features are still in the works.
One thing about the newsletter, will it be possible to send to forum members? In addition to people who sign up? My idea for the newsletter is to keep my members engaged with the forum.

Just a thought, as I know on my forum it would get more readers that way.

If they don't want to receive it, there could be an option within their User CP to unsubscribe?

ChrisTERiS 25 Nov 2020 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2604844)
One thing about the newsletter, will it be possible to send to forum members? In addition to people who sign up? My idea for the newsletter is to keep my members engaged with the forum.

Just a thought, as I know on my forum it would get more readers that way.

This is exactly what I have in my mind but my English quality didn't help me to make it clear. So, in simple words, the recipients are:
  1. Mailinglist: Anybody who subscribes to Mailinglist
  2. Newsletter: Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2604844)
If they don't want to receive it, there could be an option within their User CP to unsubscribe?

Sure. Even if on the footer of each email should be an Unsubscribe link (you can turn if OFF), the users can always unsubscribe from an option in usercp. I'll not use the current setting "Receive emails from Admin", to have the system flexible. Maybe someone don't want to get Newsletter but still want to be inform for important announcements.

Finally, for those who don't remember this mod, it also supports:
  1. Bounce emails
  2. Ability to Admins to send a message from a smartphone to a specific email address having a password after the title (not visible to message), and the system to send this message to members. Works fine, but as it's a bit weak for security (if someone hacks the password), I'm thinking to extend it by adding a confirmation with SMS.

cdoyle 02 Dec 2020 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2604583)
In the navbar template, replace the following lines:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

with these lines:

and in navbar_tabs template, find

and replace with

@iA1;
Any idea why my dropdowns don't seem to functioning correctly in the nav?
I've tried your method a couple times, but get the same result.

www.caraudiocentral.net

iA1 07 Dec 2020 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2604979)
@iA1;
Any idea why my dropdowns don't seem to functioning correctly in the nav?
I've tried your method a couple times, but get the same result.

www.caraudiocentral.net

Add this to additional.css

.navtabs .popupbody {top:20px}

The color of those links should also be changed, as it matches the background. I think you might have to change that from stylevars. But if you want to override stylevars settings and manually set them in additional.css, then add this line and change the color value to whatever required:

.navtabs > ul.floatcontainer li a, .navtabs > ul.floatcontainer li a.popupctrl { color: #0575b2;}

cdoyle 09 Dec 2020 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2605071)
Add this to additional.css

.navtabs .popupbody {top:20px}

The color of those links should also be changed, as it matches the background. I think you might have to change that from stylevars. But if you want to override stylevars settings and manually set them in additional.css, then add this line and change the color value to whatever required:

.navtabs > ul.floatcontainer li a, .navtabs > ul.floatcontainer li a.popupctrl { color: #0575b2;}

That worked! Thank You

cdoyle 14 Dec 2020 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS (Post 2604824)

ChrisTERis, do you have any updates on the newsletter functionality?
It's something I would really like to start doing on my forum to help bring back users to my forum.

Also at one point you mentioned a classified system for XEN. Is that still in the works?

cdoyle 22 Dec 2020 00:41

For anyone who wants to use this plugin, be aware that there appears to be an exploit in the 'newsletter.php' file.

My site was attacked today, and looks like they were trying to send out mail via this page. I've now since deleted the page entirely.

Since it appears that Chriteris' demo site has been deleted again, and he hasn't been back here since he posted them. I don't think we'll be able to get any support from him.

Are there any other coders around, who would be willing to look at this theme and see if there are any other vulnerabilities anywhere?

I really like this theme, but it needs support.

EDIT:
Here is what my host had to say about this page
The individuals are setting their name as a URL/image and it's being linked and sent. Here's the header portion:

iA1 22 Dec 2020 07:56

I will be setting up a new demo site for it. It seems like the newsletter functionality wasn't included, so deleting the file should be ok for now.

iA1 22 Dec 2020 20:06

The demo is now available at https://www.vb4mobile.com/forum.php?styleid=18

cdoyle 22 Dec 2020 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2605282)

Looking good.
Are you going through and fixing things?

Have a request:
Would it be possible to update the card layout some?
I had some help with this from another member here, but take a look at how mine is currently.
https://www.caraudiocentral.net/foru...llation-faq-s/

The thread starter avatar is put inside the card, to me that looks better and takes up less space and allows for more cards to display on the page.

Do you think it's possible to do something like this in the official plugin? That way if there are updates, won't have to redo everything each time.

concepts 24 Dec 2020 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2605285)
Looking good.

Have a request:
I had some help with this from another member here, but take a look at how mine is currently.

The thread starter avatar is put inside the card, to me that looks better and takes up less space and allows for more cards to display on the page.

Do you think it's possible to do something like this in the official plugin? That way if there are updates, won't have to redo everything each time.

^^^ This. Your layout is MUCH cleaner than the original.

iA1 24 Dec 2020 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2605285)
Looking good.

Yes, I am updating as well as trying fix any bugs and issues. Chris has given me permission to update the mod and redistribute.

Quote:

Have a request:

I tried to make it look similar. Have a look here: https://www.vb4mobile.com/forumdispl...f=7&styleid=18

iA1 24 Dec 2020 20:05

Has anyone noticed that the moderation checkboxes for inline moderation do not work. The threads/posts do not get selected when you tick the checkbox. I couldn't figure it out. Does anyone know why it doesn't work?

concepts 25 Dec 2020 01:25

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2605312)
Has anyone noticed that the moderation checkboxes for inline moderation do not work. The threads/posts do not get selected when you tick the checkbox. I couldn't figure it out. Does anyone know why it doesn't work?

I noticed this yesterday. I'm spending the next few days to play around with this myself. Finally have some time instead of "asking favors" lol.

also, I decided to remove the thread starter avatar all together. While it does look cool, It felt redundant and made the display appear confusing in regards to flow. Simply highlighting and embolding the thread starter name looked clean enough for me. It's easy to get caught up in design overload and forget about user experience. I was able to accomplish Doyle's look, but the feedback was that it was a bit much on color/visual and took away from browsing the actual threads. So I'm not sure if that look is the best "out of the box" unless an alternate display is an option, while I initially wanted it myself, the simplified version seems far more user-friendly.

Any improvements I find/adjust I will report here as well.

cdoyle 25 Dec 2020 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2605311)
Yes, I am updating as well as trying fix any bugs and issues. Chris has given me permission to update the mod and redistribute.

I tried to make it look similar. Have a look here: https://www.vb4mobile.com/forumdispl...f=7&styleid=18

I love it!!
Looks great!
I really like the thread starter avatar within the box like that. Really cleans it up, but still provides that quick visual of who started the thread.

Is registration possible on your demo forum? Was going to try it out, but doesn't seem to allow me to register.

cdoyle 25 Dec 2020 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2605312)

On my site, the check boxes work when within a thread. And looks like I'm able to delete posts etc.

But I also just noticed, when viewing all posts within a forum, the check boxes work, but I don't seem to have any way to do anything with them. I don't have any inline options. Guess I never noticed that before.

cdoyle 05 Jan 2021 18:43

Do you know when you might be releasing the updated version?

iA1 08 Jan 2021 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2605322)
On my site, the check boxes work when within a thread. And looks like I'm able to delete posts etc.

But I also just noticed, when viewing all posts within a forum, the check boxes work, but I don't seem to have any way to do anything with them. I don't have any inline options. Guess I never noticed that before.

I wanted to resolve this issue before releasing the updated version. So far I couldn't figure it out.

cdoyle 12 Feb 2021 13:25

Have you had any luck with this?
This is such a great mod, hope it's able to be kept alive.

Dr.CustUmz 12 Feb 2021 21:11

I seen the sights were taken down, assuming he is more focused on that CMS he made.

@christeris, if you have abandon this project I would love to pick it up.

ChrisTERiS 13 Feb 2021 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.CustUmz (Post 2606192)
I seen the sights were taken down, assuming he is more focused on that CMS he made.

@christeris, if you have abandon this project I would love to pick it up.

Months ago I gave permissions to iA1 who wanted to continue supporting XenvB4 version. Don't know if he does it or not. For XenvB3, I was in the early steps so I abandoned it.

And no I didn't focused in my CMS, actually even if it's 100% ready I never released it. I've serious health issues plus the fact that I'm already 65yo, are things that limit my action time.

Dr.CustUmz 13 Feb 2021 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS (Post 2606202)
Months ago I gave permissions to iA1 who wanted to continue supporting XenvB4 version. Don't know if he does it or not. For XenvB3, I was in the early steps so I abandoned it.

And no I didn't focused in my CMS, actually even if it's 100% ready I never released it. I've serious health issues plus the fact that I'm already 65yo, are things that limit my action time.

Im sorry to hear that chris, I have ALMOST all of your products, and love your work. You remind me of myself in a way lol, always starting something awesome but never quite finishing it because another awesome idea pops up lol.

I would hate for your products to plunder down into the unknown of the internet though if something were to happen to you, and would love to continue the development of your vb3 series products.

Wish I had any sort of name for myself before Lionel passed, maybe I could have gotten vbCart un ioncubed from him and have it still be something (the most expensive and best product I ever bought and cant even use now because I lost the files I had before I tried un ioncubing it)

iA1 14 Feb 2021 03:21

1 Attachment(s)
I just have some updates in the style, most of which are already mentioned in the previous posts here. The inline mod could not be fixed, I tried a lot but I am not sure why it does not work.

I am attaching the updated style file here.

Dr.CustUmz, sure you can add also contribute. This is more like a collaborative effort. Everyone can suggest improvements and bug fixes, and can contribute in making it a perfect upgrade for vB4.

Chris, I hope you get well soon. Keep up your spirits! I am sure you are strong enough to overcome any illness.

Dr.CustUmz 14 Feb 2021 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by iA1 (Post 2606212)
I just have some updates in the style, most of which are already mentioned in the previous posts here. The inline mod could not be fixed, I tried a lot but I am not sure why it does not work.

I am attaching the updated style file here.

Dr.CustUmz, sure you can add also contribute. This is more like a collaborative effort. Everyone can suggest improvements and bug fixes, and can contribute in making it a perfect upgrade for vB4.

Chris, I hope you get well soon. Keep up your spirits! I am sure you are strong enough to overcome any illness.

I would be working on the vb3 version ;)

x iJailBreak x 16 Feb 2021 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.CustUmz (Post 2606204)
Im sorry to hear that chris, I have ALMOST all of your products, and love your work. You remind me of myself in a way lol, always starting something awesome but never quite finishing it because another awesome idea pops up lol.

I would hate for your products to plunder down into the unknown of the internet though if something were to happen to you, and would love to continue the development of your vb3 series products.

Wish I had any sort of name for myself before Lionel passed, maybe I could have gotten vbCart un ioncubed from him and have it still be something (the most expensive and best product I ever bought and cant even use now because I lost the files I had before I tried un ioncubing it)

I *might* have the un-ioncubed vBCover sources somewhere, if it's of any use to you. I will have to check I haven't deleted it first!

EDIT: Still got them. If anyone needs them for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.