vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

MentaL 13 Sep 2012 23:37

Good mod, catches a lot but also misses a fair bit too.

renlok 14 Sep 2012 12:58

This is honestly the greatest thing ever made.

Snowhog 15 Sep 2012 20:48

Pardon my newbishness, but in the readme.txt is says to "Upload content of the upload folder into you forum root folder". Contained in the upload folder are the following folders:

admincp
includes

The root folder already contains a folder called includes, so I must assume that I copy the "contents of the folders" to the "designated folders" within the root folder. We don't have a folder in our root folder called admincp. We do have one called admincontrolpanel. Would that be where I copy the contents of admincp to?

ForceHSS 15 Sep 2012 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowhog (Post 2365745)
Pardon my newbishness, but in the readme.txt is says to "Upload content of the upload folder into you forum root folder". Contained in the upload folder are the following folders:

admincp
includes

The root folder already contains a folder called includes, so I must assume that I copy the "contents of the folders" to the "designated folders" within the root folder. We don't have a folder in our root folder called admincp. We do have one called admincontrolpanel. Would that be where I copy the contents of admincp to?

You have not installed many plugins just take the files and upload them to the same name folders

Im having issues with Database
by bradleyj
16 Sep 2012 20:15

I got this error message...

I tried adding the tables but not sure what im doing. can someone give me a guide on what to put in here as the Mysql updated.

vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Sunday, September 16th 2012 @ 01:17:57 PM
Error Date : Sunday, September 16th 2012 @ 01:17:57 PM
Script : http://www.topic+++++.com/admincp/pl...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.topic+++++.com/admincp/pl...?do=productadd
IP Address : 108.203.176.222
Username : bradleyj
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.23-55

Syxguns 16 Sep 2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyj (Post 2365969)
I got this error message...

I tried adding the tables but not sure what im doing. can someone give me a guide on what to put in here as the Mysql updated.

vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Sunday, September 16th 2012 @ 01:17:57 PM
Error Date : Sunday, September 16th 2012 @ 01:17:57 PM
Script : http://www.topic+++++.com/admincp/pl...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.topic+++++.com/admincp/pl...?do=productadd
IP Address : 108.203.176.222
Username : bradleyj
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.23-55

I wish there was a way to add this information in the primary post!! I won't explain in detail, but you are running MySQL 5.5 and TYPE=MyISAM is not recognized. Open the XML file with notepad++ and change the 3 occurrences of that to ENGINE=MyISAM and that will correct the problem. Don't block Username with the mod, and if you read the thread, you will see that these statements have been mentioned multiple times. :)

dougdirac 17 Sep 2012 05:43

Feature request, or maybe someone can figure out how to do this. But I'd like better presentation of the data in the log.

I'd like to see a histogram graph of how many spammers were blocked per week, per day, per hour, etc. What caused them to be rejected. Country of origin. How many legit users made it through, etc.

That way I could get a sense of what antispam efforts are helping, etc.

Anyway to download the data as a CSV file, then I could just use Excell or Matlab or something.

Syxguns 17 Sep 2012 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougdirac
Feature request, or maybe someone can figure out how to do this. But I'd like better presentation of the data in the log.

I'd like to see a histogram graph of how many spammers were blocked per week, per day, per hour, etc. What caused them to be rejected. Country of origin. How many legit users made it through, etc.

That way I could get a sense of what antispam efforts are helping, etc.

Anyway to download the data as a CSV file, then I could just use Excell or Matlab or something.

You already have two such lists available to you. The first is in the Statistics and Logs in the AdminCP, the second is in the database under the table name glowhostspamomatic_log

Date, IP address, Username, e-mail address, and a reason is given. I think that those two lists work just fine for me.

Slugger00001 19 Sep 2012 01:57

Why is there a link under "whats going on?" that links to this vbulletin.org thread?
Can that be disabled? I already have the affiliate disabled and give thanks.

ForceHSS 19 Sep 2012 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger00001 (Post 2366584)
Why is there a link under "whats going on?" that links to this vbulletin.org thread?
Can that be disabled? I already have the affiliate disabled and give thanks.

Can you show a link to this on your site and a screenshot to show what you see as I also have this installed and this is not the case with me or anyone else

Slugger00001 19 Sep 2012 03:06

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2366588)
Can you show a link to this on your site and a screenshot to show what you see as I also have this installed and this is not the case with me or anyone else


attached the image.

when i click it, it takes me to this thread. Shouldn't clicking it show or hide the stats?

I see that its supposed to list who has been blocked ect ect, mine shows nothing at the moment because my forum has been turned off since i just upgraded to 4.2.0.

Alibass 19 Sep 2012 03:30

Turn it off in your SOM settings...

Slugger00001 19 Sep 2012 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alibass (Post 2366602)
Turn it off in your SOM settings...

thanks. I overlooked it.

Lee Roberts 19 Sep 2012 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slugger00001 (Post 2366584)
Why is there a link under "whats going on?" that links to this vbulletin.org thread?
Can that be disabled? I already have the affiliate disabled and give thanks.

Hi Slugger,

You need to look for the option that reads "Statistics: Link to Spam-O-Matic? - Link "By Spam-O-Matic" in forum statistics to vBulletin.org so others can protect their forums with Spam-O-Matic." and set this to No or Yes.

Located: Settings > Options > "Glowhost - Spam-O-Matic"

.Me

NxT Networks 19 Sep 2012 17:44

Hello there, when I enable this: my forum throws up a 500 internal error when I try to make a new thread or reply to a post.
Any help would be appreciated! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.