vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

DeMonViTo 12 Aug 2013 08:26

hi, thanks for the plugin :)

In the log I get the time back two hours, how can I change it? thanks

Big Engine 13 Aug 2013 10:39

My board started acting screwy, people that hadn't visited in a while and new people's threads ans posts go into moderation... I disabled Spam-O-Matic and they can post normally.... Any ideas ? I hadn't made any changes to the Spam-O-Matic settings before this started happening and never had an issue before... I'd like to get it figured out because this is a GREAT add-on and I want to turn it back on.

Thanks.

ForceHSS 13 Aug 2013 15:33

You need to change the options in it when you install just take a look at them so you understand

Big Engine 14 Aug 2013 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2438652)
You need to change the options in it when you install just take a look at them so you understand

Me ?

I've had it running fine for like a year, this just started.

ForceHSS 14 Aug 2013 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Engine (Post 2438740)
Me ?

I've had it running fine for like a year, this just started.

Did you make any changes to this mod or any other mod or any settings that vb have as default or maybe another admin did (check logs) or add any new ones

Big Engine 14 Aug 2013 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2438744)
Did you make any changes to this mod or any other mod or any settings that vb have as default or maybe another admin did (check logs) or add any new ones

Nothing.

I'm the only Admin.

tekniques 14 Aug 2013 19:40

I am having a problem where known spammers (I checked the credentials on sfs.com) are being allowed to register.

However, it auto-moderates their posts like clockwork. (usually via akismet)

Any suggestions on why it would be passing the SFS even though they are listed as known spammers?

rory2000 14 Aug 2013 20:03

Hi,

New forum install... all setup, logged in as admin then when I go to post a new thread with Spam O Matic on it throws this error:

Warning: require_once(includes/functions_ghsom.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php(554) : eval()'d code on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions_ghsom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/skodafor/public_html/includes/functions_newpost.php(554) : eval()'d code on line 5


WIth it disabled forum works fine

Any ideas?

Rory

rory2000 14 Aug 2013 20:26

think the file was not uploaded lol

zaroba 15 Aug 2013 10:53

This mod is amazingly effective. thank you very much for it, I can finally have a forum on my website without it being inundated with spam bots :)

It's been 23 days since I installed this mod on my forum.
"19118 Spammers Denied Registration"

User viewed as spammber but they are not
by funkyirishman
15 Aug 2013 21:05

Hi

Not sure what version I have but will install the update. One user is trying to register and we have validate them but they keep getting the below error:

vBulletin Message
Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error

How can we clear this so that the user can register?

Thanks

ForceHSS 16 Aug 2013 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkyirishman (Post 2439072)
Hi

Not sure what version I have but will install the update. One user is trying to register and we have validate them but they keep getting the below error:

vBulletin Message
Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error

How can we clear this so that the user can register?

Thanks

Did you have the user name part of the plugin turn on or off a screenshot of the settings will help

funkyirishman 16 Aug 2013 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2439120)
Did you have the user name part of the plugin turn on or off a screenshot of the settings will help

Thanks a noobie at this so how can I tell if I have the user name part of the plugin on or off?

Also is it under the add in's where I can get the screenshot?

Sorry for the ignorance:o

John Lester 16 Aug 2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Lester (Post 2436761)
Has anyone else run into the issue where the ACP main page says there are zero moderated posts, but when looking at new posts you find some?

I'm using vB 4.1.12 PL 3 and Spam-O-Matic ver 2.1.2 and am just curious to see if anyone else using this mod has run into this issue.

Ok so I turned off Spam-O for a month and this issue did not appear. I turned on Spam-O Wed night and once again the ACP shows zero moderated posts, but clicking on new posts shows 2 posts in moderation.

I don't know if this has been happening from the start because I rarely check the ACP for moderated posts. One of my mods pointed it out and I checked it out. We've decided to ignore the issue since it's so minor and it doesn't appear that anything else if wonky.

RocketFuel 16 Aug 2013 18:58

What's up with the Link "Spam-O-Matic Statistics"

With a link to this page? Is that a requirement? Its misleading, is not the stats, and is placed in the site data, what's going on section.

If it can be removed please let me know how thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.