vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238890

Thread Title Coloring
by Kaleem
23 Mar 2010 05:35

3 Attachment(s)
This will change your thread title colors.

Screen-shot is attached with installation text file.

DEMO: Screenshot and also >> LIVE DEMO

1.01

Strikeout the Closed thread.
Change Hot Thread Color.
Change Sticky Prefix.
Change Poll Prefix.

1.00

Change Sticky Thread Color
Change Closed Thread Color

Pepito =) 23 Mar 2010 06:20

thankz men , the Mod is Cool :D

Juggernaut 23 Mar 2010 06:33

Nice, it does what it says :D

Barakat 23 Mar 2010 07:33

very nice ,,, thanks

Charlie98902 23 Mar 2010 10:57

What about when you have a sticky & locked title what's the beginning phrase?

[email protected] 23 Mar 2010 12:06

Nice One! Thank You!!!!!!

cindy helmond 23 Mar 2010 12:21

Great one installed !!

Dr.osamA 23 Mar 2010 13:34

100%

installed

tanxxx man

dimthan 23 Mar 2010 19:19

What about the sticky thread to be in bold font ?

Kaleem 23 Mar 2010 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimthan (Post 2008895)
What about the sticky thread to be in bold font ?

Well when it is unread its bold anyways but you can add this line.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Regards

Charlie98902 23 Mar 2010 23:54

What about when you have a sticky & locked title what's the beginning phrase?

You use - .sticky a.title for a sticky and then .locked a.title for a locked thread but what if it is both?

FReeSTER 24 Mar 2010 00:01

what about the [Sticky:] prefix. how can I color that together with the thread title?

Kaleem 24 Mar 2010 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Intocable (Post 2009052)
what about the [Sticky:] prefix. how can I color that together with the thread title?

You can search in in phrases for sticky_thread_prefix and then you can change the color or whtever you want to do with it.

Kaleem 24 Mar 2010 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie98902 (Post 2009047)
What about when you have a sticky & locked title what's the beginning phrase?

You use - .sticky a.title for a sticky and then .locked a.title for a locked thread but what if it is both?

When its sticky and locked it uses the lock on.

I guess you can use if statement to use different color on that.

vicelover 24 Mar 2010 02:24

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, LightInClouds.
I'm new to vb, alougth I had read your .txt file, I still cannot open the Additional.css.
can you give more detail to install this great Mod.

---- add a screenshot ----
I search the Additional.css in this way, do I search it in right way?
Attachment 114627


----- [success] ------
Sorry, there are some glitch in my vb, and now your mod works well.

If a thread (always the announcement, let's named it asAlice) is both sticky and lock, which color should be, red or green? At now, it seems, Alice is red. So, maybe the priority of lock is greater than sticky. Please view the below image.
Attachment 114630

Another advice, can we use improve this mod, not only fit for sticky and lock threads, but also Poll, Hot Threads. just like the function of KirK Y's Mod .

vicelover 24 Mar 2010 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightInClouds (Post 2009067)
When its sticky and locked it uses the lock on.

I guess you can use if statement to use different color on that.

How to write the if statement in additional.css file ?
Can u give me a hint.

I had tried this way, but failed.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Kaleem 24 Mar 2010 06:14

I have updated the file.

1.01

Strikeout the Closed thread.
Change Hot Thread Color.
Change Sticky Prefix.
Change Poll Prefix.

Kaleem 24 Mar 2010 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicelover (Post 2009141)
How to write the if statement in additional.css file ?
Can u give me a hint.

I had tried this way, but failed.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I think that can be achieved in the forumdisplay, but I will work on it and let you know :)

FReeSTER 24 Mar 2010 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightInClouds (Post 2009186)
I have updated the file.

1.01

Strikeout the Closed thread.
Change Hot Thread Color.
Change Sticky Prefix.
Change Poll Prefix.

nice bro you are the man :D

-=Leb=- 25 Mar 2010 14:37

thx i was looking for it

pablete 26 Mar 2010 13:52

Thank's. Installed!

nci 27 Mar 2010 07:45

Excellent work.

Sancipa 29 Mar 2010 15:06

how about if i want to change the color for each prefix

is it poisible ?

Charlie98902 29 Mar 2010 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancipa (Post 2012273)
how about if i want to change the color for each prefix

is it poisible ?

Yes you can do this in the making or editing the thread prefix:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Sancipa 29 Mar 2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie98902 (Post 2012295)
Yes you can do this in the making or editing the thread prefix:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

i know what you mean...

but what im asking is not that...

i want to color up the whole title not just the prefix name :)

Charlie98902 29 Mar 2010 20:33

Ah, A new color when it is a new post only right?

dimthan 30 Mar 2010 17:10

Thx Men !

vicelover 04 Apr 2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightInClouds (Post 2009186)
I have updated the file.

1.01

Strikeout the Closed thread.
Change Hot Thread Color.
Change Sticky Prefix.
Change Poll Prefix.

Thanks for updating, LightInClounds, this mod is great

tafreeh 07 Apr 2010 04:44

hey bud, do u know code for regular thread... if I wanna change regular thread colors.

Thanks

Kaleem 09 Apr 2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2017226)
hey bud, do u know code for regular thread... if I wanna change regular thread colors.

Thanks

Regular threads are I guess using Link colors for the style they use. I will double check it.

AURFSCAN 11 Apr 2010 05:36

1 Attachment(s)
you can use color codes too. nice mod :up:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



:)

Hall of Famer 11 Apr 2010 07:58

Looks excellent! ^^

mactelesis 16 Apr 2010 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2017226)
hey bud, do u know code for regular thread... if I wanna change regular thread colors.

Thanks

Light, I would like to know the answer to this question as well.

Many thanks!

COL NIL SATIS 17 May 2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2019288)
you can use color codes too. nice mod :up:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



:)

that looks cool with the yellow in threads ...how is that done???

COL NIL SATIS 17 May 2010 22:59

installed by the way ....very good ...top work guys

AURFSCAN 18 May 2010 07:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by COL NIL SATIS (Post 2038809)
that looks cool with the yellow in threads ...how is that done???

To change the color of the background of the the stickied threads, see attachment.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...3&d=1270964164

COL NIL SATIS 18 May 2010 22:35

cheers mate ....will try that now ...nice one

COL NIL SATIS 18 May 2010 23:19

sorted....works a1!!!!! cheers mate

Madpoodle 05 Jun 2010 22:26

NICE mod's, thanks!!

merk_aus 06 Jun 2010 02:20

Thanks does exactly what it says

ndut 08 Jun 2010 00:57

nice, thank you

FReeSTER 08 Jun 2010 01:29

If you want to change the Prefix Sticky: to look Gradient, Bold and Bigger Letters

Go to Admin CP> Languages and Phrases > Search in Phrases

Search for sticky_thread_prefix Select Phrase Variable Name Only then click edit

You can write anything in that for example if you want Sticky:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can change colors to your desire

Also you can use this page as reference helping you do the code for you by choosing the colors from start to end.
http://www.tektek.org/color/

SeToY 14 Jun 2010 12:08

What about adding an AdminCP entry to select which function you wanna use?

I don't want to have closed threads red, for example - but green for Sticky is awesome.

Kaleem 15 Jun 2010 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeToY (Post 2053386)
What about adding an AdminCP entry to select which function you wanna use?

I don't want to have closed threads red, for example - but green for Sticky is awesome.

Then dont add that line for Closed thread.

Arunkumar 26 Jun 2010 16:40

Followed the instructions. Now the stickies in my forum are colorful and looking good. :)

mtlcore 28 Jun 2010 04:01

I can't add that to css.... says obselete. any other way?

ArchAngelz 21 Jul 2010 10:01

How did you all do the "Sticky Thread" and "Normal Threads" separation?

ProFifaLeagues 21 Jul 2010 10:14

Added and working fine
Thank you!

Kaleem 22 Jul 2010 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchAngelz (Post 2072369)
How did you all do the "Sticky Thread" and "Normal Threads" separation?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228036

Netron 18 Sep 2010 01:34

Perfect

championcycle 24 Sep 2010 22:55

its not working with my forum.. any reason why?

www.ontariomotorcycle.ca

Kaleem 30 Sep 2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by championcycle (Post 2102870)
its not working with my forum.. any reason why?

www.ontariomotorcycle.ca

You must be missing a step did you add it in additional.css?

darkoutzide 02 Nov 2010 00:48

nice 1. thanks!

HUSSEINDAWOOD 04 Nov 2010 04:21

Thank you ..
done on my web-site..

barakuda 06 Dec 2010 22:53

ok work....installed + 5star.thank you

ShinJi87 29 Dec 2010 03:01

How did you color edit threads delete ?

Randomm 29 Dec 2010 03:58

What kind of drop-down mod did you use Kaleem?

Kaleem 29 Dec 2010 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomm (Post 2140479)
What kind of drop-down mod did you use Kaleem?

It is a custom implementation of this >> http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/...ega-dropdowns/

vbcreator 03 Jan 2011 11:29

installed !

kfyonur 03 Jan 2011 13:08

not working in vb4.1.I paste the code to additional.css than save..but it didnt work

Kaleem 03 Jan 2011 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfyonur (Post 2143241)
not working in vb4.1.I paste the code to additional.css than save..but it didnt work

It is working fine for me.

OldSchoolDSL 04 Jan 2011 00:07

Installed and working

4.1 PL2

MAdotcom 05 Jan 2011 01:48

Thank you

BlueCheri 07 Feb 2011 09:57

Good one, tagged.

Donatello 14 Feb 2011 03:50

Thank you, working very good in 4.1.1

BlueCheri 14 Feb 2011 04:18

Hi, I also want to know this as well.

Thanx

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2017226)
hey bud, do u know code for regular thread... if I wanna change regular thread colors.

Thanks


archet1337 22 Feb 2011 06:11

This is an awesome little mod. But before I install I was wondering if it's possible to keep the default hover color of the board?

Like the stickies being green, but when I hover over them they change to another color.

Thanks :)

Kaleem 27 Feb 2011 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by archet1337 (Post 2165286)
This is an awesome little mod. But before I install I was wondering if it's possible to keep the default hover color of the board?

Like the stickies being green, but when I hover over them they change to another color.

Thanks :)

Mmm no they dont, I dont see them changing to any color except when you hover it gives you an underline.

Randomm 01 Mar 2011 22:23

could you also include the code to change the REGULAR threads color?

doctorsexy 25 May 2011 09:09

installed ......thanks

denman75 19 Jun 2011 09:44

not working in latest version ,it says if u click true admin panel to style manager to main.css

This CSS file is obsolete and is available here for reference purposes only.
so u cant save anything .

Edit

they path i took was wrong
u go to your admin cp go to search in templates
than u typ there additional.css in that file u ad the text

so the additional.css in the dropbox aint the correct one, sorry for the misunderstanding
its working great !

GameOverViper 26 Jun 2011 20:54

Thanks! Added.

oldfan 27 Jun 2011 16:57

Very nice, thanks

Gemma 29 Jun 2011 09:18

Simple but effective. Thanks a lot!

deathtrancer 01 Jul 2011 22:50

Thanks your work is awesome :D

BF777 31 Aug 2012 18:13

Nice mod.

sodasusu 27 Sep 2012 06:33

not work for custom style

twistedsoul 25 May 2016 02:45

=) thanks

Leebo89122 10 Jan 2017 01:44

Does anybody know if this same idea can change the color of threads you may have replied in? How about if you've subscribed to the thread? The style I'm editing is a "responsive" style and they've removed the cue's for the members on mobile devices to let them know if they've replied in the thread or not. Editing the title color will be a good way to let them know they've replied in the past without adding extra space.............

Great Edit!

Stratis 10 Jan 2017 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leebo89122 (Post 2580638)
Does anybody know if this same idea can change the color of threads you may have replied in?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...88&postcount=9

Leebo89122 14 Jan 2017 23:00

It appears that mod only changes the color of the background. What I'm hoping to find is a way to edit the templates so the thread title changes from color A if you haven't replied to color B if you have replied.

MarkFL 14 Jan 2017 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leebo89122 (Post 2580882)
It appears that mod only changes the color of the background. What I'm hoping to find is a way to edit the templates so the thread title changes from color A if you haven't replied to color B if you have replied.

In your "threadbit" template, locate the line:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And change it to:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace "#FF0000" with the color you want for threads in which a user has replied, and replace "#0000FF" with the color you want for thread in which a user has not replied.

Leebo89122 15 Jan 2017 00:13

Mark,
The theme I'm using had a slightly different code however I was able to track everything down no problem and make the change with your guidance. Thank you many many times over!
Lee


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.