vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132958

Photographers?
by MPDev
01 Dec 2006 17:42

I was just wondering if there was a group of amateur or professional photographers here on the site? I've been shooting models for the last 10 years and enjoy all kinds of photography.

I'm working on a site where people can display their photos in a clutter free environment; not being happy with any of the sites I've joined that either are simple picture posting sites of people posting other people's work or larger sites with a flood of "circle rating" going on (and alot of "noise").

I have the framework up, but will only post info about it if there is a group of like-minded photographers looking for a clean place to share and comment on work of other photographers.

Ntfu2 01 Dec 2006 18:43

I'm a "professional" photographer, do mostly high school seniors, cars, and a few familys.

MPDev 01 Dec 2006 18:58

Have you found any decent sites with other photographers who post their work and comment on it in a productive way? I've tried a dozen sites in the past few months and I come away disappointed every time - either I get overloaded with people sending me "post a comment on my photos" notes (I'll comment if I think it deserves one, not because you keep asking me to) or it's just a "photo sharing" environment where people are posting stuff they didn't shoot or produce.

I have a decent network of photographer friends; so this site would be a way for us to share our work within a network of like-minded people. Interested?

MRGTB 01 Dec 2006 20:03

Quote:

I was just wondering if there was a group of amateur or professional photographers here on the site? I've been shooting models for the last 10 years and enjoy all kinds of photography.
I bet you do :)

MPDev 01 Dec 2006 20:20

Have you seen my new wide screen wallpaper collection? :)

Zachariah 01 Dec 2006 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPDev (Post 1129538)
Have you seen my new wide screen wallpaper collection? :)

Don't post here Sir, there are youngens. :p :laugh: :banana:

Reeftanksonline 01 Nov 2008 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPDev (Post 1129479)

I'm working on a site where people can display their photos in a clutter free environment; not being happy with any of the sites I've joined that either are simple picture posting sites of people posting other people's work or larger sites with a flood of "circle rating" going on (and alot of "noise").

I have the framework up, but will only post info about it if there is a group of like-minded photographers looking for a clean place to share and comment on work of other photographers.

I have a site that I have been trying to make easyer to use also.Atone time I had all the addon software now im setting it up to get it as friendly as possible.

Winterworks 01 Nov 2008 23:14

Why not make your own?

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

Great software to use, and it's completely free.

lasto 01 Nov 2008 23:43

Im into it - please post all your pics you have taken so we can check them out to see if we want to join your club :)

ericgtr 04 Nov 2008 23:35

I am also an amateur photographer, great hobby. I use smugmug for all of my photos, not only is their interface fantastic but they also allow for a ton of photos. I probably have 2 or 3 gigs worth on there all together. Here is my gallery if anyone wants to check it out (the domain name is a redirect to smugmug http://ericgtr.smugmug.com/

Winterworks 05 Nov 2008 01:36

don't know if it's the same .. but I take photos of skateboarders.

http://teenagesound.com/

I like photographing moving things .. and then touch them up in Photoshop. Although these photos aren't touched up yet.

It's all about the timing ;)

These pictures were taking 2 years ago, though. I've improved :P

tonyar109 05 Nov 2008 08:42

I am an amateur photographer, I like photography. I like take photos of all nice things I saw.

petchat 05 Nov 2008 11:10

I'm a semi professional photographer, mainly equestrian stuff that i get paid to shoot,

for fun I'll shoot anything :D

Gio~Logist 05 Nov 2008 16:20

www.istockphoto.com I think they have quite a few don't they?

KTBleeding 05 Nov 2008 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterworks (Post 1657433)
Why not make your own?

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

Great software to use, and it's completely free.

lol.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MPDev develop for Photopost?

What's wrong with Flickr? Or are these photographs for a mature audience? Or maybe I'm missing the whole point of this thread..