vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327594

Censorship not working on certain word
by chikuru
15 Oct 2019 11:56

I am trying to censor a certain word on the forum but it doesnt replace it.
I tried to put inside curly brackets but it didnt work..
Any possible cause of this?
Other words are working fine..

final kaoss 15 Oct 2019 20:22

Probably depends on what word it is.

chikuru 16 Oct 2019 11:28

any word that starts with "forum" with numbers next to it doesnt work.

Example:
forum911
forum111
forum8888

even words that starts with the following and followed by numbers doesnt work:
orum
rum
um

final kaoss 16 Oct 2019 13:57

I could be wrong but I would imagine that there would be an exclusion coded in somewhere to prevent "forum" from being censored since that word is used alot throughout the software.

[email protected] 16 Oct 2019 20:07

It does work in censorship options as that only affects posts, thread titles and PMs. You would however mess up your forum if the word was used in the style RVM.

@chikru
In censorship options make sure you have a replacement character set. Put the terms into curly brackets, make sure each term is separated by a space. If you expect to see the terms censored on old posts you will have to rebuild the post cache in General Update Tools.

chikuru 17 Oct 2019 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2600963)
It does work in censorship options as that only affects posts, thread titles and PMs. You would however mess up your forum if the word was used in the style RVM.

@chikru
In censorship options make sure you have a replacement character set. Put the terms into curly brackets, make sure each term is separated by a space. If you expect to see the terms censored on old posts you will have to rebuild the post cache in General Update Tools.

I already tried this and didnt work..