vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=302731

DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 3 (Beta)
by Digital Jedi
27 Sep 2013 23:12

2 Attachment(s)
These media definitions are imported through your AME CP. That means you have to have AME 3 installed in order to do that.

This is a Beta. I've tested this on my 4.0.3 installation. But I've experienced some weird issues, like the same URL not converting in post 1, but converting fine in post 12. I can only presume this is because of my older version of vB4. Please report the issues you have on newer versions of vB. Also note the AME 3 thread, for tweaks and changes people had to make depending on their version of vB4.

NOTE: I am still looking for anyone willing to lend me access to their demo board on vB4.1 or higher to test definitions, as well as a future version of AME 3. I will also be looking into, but not necessarily guaranteeing, that I can extend AME to vB5. But I have to take a look at how vB5 parses media to know if AME is even relevant on that system.

MEDIA DEFINITIONS
This is just a small set of definitions to test out functionality. Most everything here is tweaked, so just back up any custom defs you already have, and replace these to try them out. If everything goes smoothly, we'll expand from there.

CNBC
CNN
CNN 2
CollegeHumor
CollegeHumor (Legacy)
Dailymotion
Facebook
GameSpot (Part 1)
GameSpot (Part 2)
GameTrailers
Hulu
Metacafe
Photobucket (Direct Link)
Photobucket (Videos)
Storify
Twitter
Vevo
Vimeo
Youku
YouTube
YouTube (Playlists)
YouTube (Short URL)

NOTE: No, these will not work on AME 2.5. -_-

elnapotandil 28 Sep 2013 00:27

Great work! Thanks!!

tareqbd 28 Sep 2013 07:19

Seems interesting! can you please add some screenshots and procedure to install.

tbworld 28 Sep 2013 07:23

Great work @Digital Jedi, I am going to try out AME3 this weekend. My daughter will love it! :)
I know AME3 has been out awhile, but I have not had the need for it untill now. This will definitely help her implement it.

I will be testing it on v4.2.0, v4.2.1. I will report back the interesting stuff.

Digital Jedi 28 Sep 2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tareqbd (Post 2448510)
Seems interesting! can you please add some screenshots and procedure to install.

I plan on adding some screenshots a little later. Hopefully today. Procedure to install is explained in the first post.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tbworld (Post 2448511)
Great work @Digital Jedi, I am going to try out AME3 this weekend. My daughter will love it! :)
I know AME3 has been out awhile, but I have not had the need for it untill now. This will definitely help her implement it.

I will be testing it on v4.2.0, v4.2.1. I will report back the interesting stuff.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to test on anyone's 4.1 or 4.2 installations.

Ross L 29 Sep 2013 16:00

Excellent, thanks!

Any chance of support for Heartthis.at (http://hearthis.at/chocomang/beads-t...s-nickelback/)?

Azum 05 Oct 2013 22:38

Any chance of a fix for the twitter definition? Currently, just ends up as a blank post. I was excited to see it (been looking and trying myself to implement a plugin that converts full twitter URLs to embedded tweets w/ no luck) and it's really the reason I installed AME3 and the definitions... only to find out, it no worky.

Digital Jedi 05 Oct 2013 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azum (Post 2450265)
Any chance of a fix for the twitter definition? Currently, just ends up as a blank post. I was excited to see it (been looking and trying myself to implement a plugin that converts full twitter URLs to embedded tweets w/ no luck) and it's really the reason I installed AME3 and the definitions... only to find out, it no worky.

Let me see the thread where you've tested this in, if you don't mind.

I tested Twitter just now, and it seems to be working as intended:

https://www.diigo.com/item/p/pebbaaz...b410cfcea4b546

However, I think the problem you and some other have experienced is with Twitter's API usage limits. I can't remember how many requests are limited per domain, but it might be a lot of the time, and particularly if you have other Twitter plugins running on your site, that this could be you just running into your limit.

Also remember, this is JavaScript embed code. And as always, you won't see the JavaScript if posted via AJAX (quick reply and inline editing). But everyone else will, and you'll see it when you refresh the page.

Digital Jedi 06 Oct 2013 05:46

Any more feedback so far? It seems Twitter is susceptible to any invalid HTML in your source code, which is why it seems to be working for some and not others (that includes the various BBCode mods out there.) But how about the other sites on the list? Anyone run into any issues so far?

elnapotandil 06 Oct 2013 05:59

The ones I've tried so far, works perfectly.

Sorry for my english...

Azum 07 Oct 2013 16:36

I got it working now, was a bb_videocode template issue. Thanks for your help, DJ.

Digital Jedi 07 Oct 2013 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azum (Post 2450723)
I got it working now, was a bb_videocode template issue. Thanks for your help, DJ.

Glad you got it sorted out. I had forgotten that JavaScript is temperamental when it comes to the rest of the code on your webpage. If anyone else is having problems with Twitter, be sure to run a validation check on your forum for any HTML errors.


If no one else is having issues, then I'll start working on expanded BETA set. If no one has issues with that one, I'll take it out of BETA for the following update.

SPEEDKILLZ 08 Oct 2013 17:52

I installed ame3 on my 4.2.1 do i need to install this as well?

Digital Jedi 08 Oct 2013 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ (Post 2450932)
I installed ame3 on my 4.2.1 do i need to install this as well?

If you want AME support for the websites listed, or the ones that aren't up to date within AME 3, then yes.

SPEEDKILLZ 08 Oct 2013 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi (Post 2450960)
If you want AME support for the websites listed, or the ones that aren't up to date within AME 3, then yes.


Thank you. two questions. After installing AME3 on my site when i post a lnk it dosent work> Do i need to do something else? And when i try to upload this file via plugin manager is reads "non existing file"


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.