vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255004

[Help]Error Log
by jojojijijojo1
10 Dec 2010 10:21

Hey guys, I recently checked my error log from my cpanel, and I have found that its generating almost 10 errors every minute! the error type is "File does not exist" and then as a referrer it mentions links from my forum that do actually work for me? is this any sort of attack?
Here is the error log, please note that this links actually works and I have tested them:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This is just a part of the errors, I have masked the Ip's along with the URL but the URL's are actually working, I get like I said more than 10 error every minute for different URL's that are working for me. Is it some sort of attack?

Lynne 10 Dec 2010 14:40

So your site has a 404.shtml file and you can view it?

jojojijijojo1 10 Dec 2010 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2131887)
So your site has a 404.shtml file and you can view it?

Thank you for you respond, if I understand your question, yes I can visit those URL's, but for some reason I got more than 10 similar errors every minute. Does this means that not all my users are able to access the forum?
Edit: BTW I'm receiving 300 similar error every 3 to 4 minutes! that's just crazy, the URL's are working fine for me.

Lynne 10 Dec 2010 22:55

You said "those urls" - I am talking specifically about a file called 404.shtml which it cannot find.

Are there other urls it cannot find?

Have you talked to your host about this? Have any of your users posted about problems on the site? Don't forget, you are logged in as an admin and can view the site, and certain pages, when others cannot.

jojojijijojo1 10 Dec 2010 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2132121)
You said "those urls" - I am talking specifically about a file called 404.shtml which it cannot find.

Are there other urls it cannot find?

Have you talked to your host about this? Have any of your users posted about problems on the site? Don't forget, you are logged in as an admin and can view the site, and certain pages, when others cannot.

I cannot unfortunately find 404.shtml on my account, about the referrer URL's they are normal threads posted by users and everyone can access them. What does 404.shtml do actually?
thanks again for your time.

Lynne 11 Dec 2010 00:23

That 404 page is where you are redirecting to whenever something isn't found. It's probably a line in your .htaccess file or something in your cPanel. You could change it to point to somewhere else, or just create a 404.shtml page. You probably just have some missing images on the referrer pages, but then you get an error for not having a 404.shtml page.

jojojijijojo1 11 Dec 2010 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2132152)
That 404 page is where you are redirecting to whenever something isn't found. It's probably a line in your .htaccess file or something in your cPanel. You could change it to point to somewhere else, or just create a 404.shtml page. You probably just have some missing images on the referrer pages, but then you get an error for not having a 404.shtml page.

Thanks Lynne, that's what I was thinking about, much appreciate your help.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.