vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324773

Link to Thread Moderator Log
by Elixar
20 Mar 2017 03:29

The Moderator Log found under Edit Thread, I would like to request a modification that would add a link to the Moderator Log that would be under the Administrative drop down.

MarkFL 20 Mar 2017 03:39

Can you post a screen shot showing where you want a link to the mod log to be?

Elixar 20 Mar 2017 03:42

http://image.prntscr.com/image/8d8a3...f89de01511.png

Right under Remove Redirects. :)

MarkFL 20 Mar 2017 03:58

Create a plugin hooked at "showthread_complete" with the PHP code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Elixar 20 Mar 2017 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2584099)
Create a plugin hooked at "showthread_complete" with the PHP code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

My apologies, what I mean is the Mod Log found at the bottom of the screen of Edit Thread. It outlines all moderator actions taken within that thread only.

MarkFL 20 Mar 2017 04:09

A custom page would have to be developed, and populated by a db query to select the relevant mod log entries. But why not just view the "Edit Thread" page to get that information?

Elixar 20 Mar 2017 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2584101)
A custom page would have to be developed, and populated by a db query to select the relevant mod log entries. But why not just view the "Edit Thread" page to get that information?

It's just more direct. :)

MarkFL 20 Mar 2017 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elixar (Post 2584102)
It's just more direct. :)

Wouldn't it take the same number of clicks? :D

Elixar 20 Mar 2017 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2584103)
Wouldn't it take the same number of clicks? :D

I suppose, but again, why not have the option front and center? ;)

MarkFL 20 Mar 2017 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elixar (Post 2584104)
I suppose, but again, why not have the option front and center? ;)

Well, that would not be an unreasonable request I suppose, my only objection objection as far as what I would add to my site would be that you can get there just as easily using the code already provided by vB, without adding an external script containing essentially redundant code.

However, this is not to discourage anyone from developing this for you. I'm only stating why I would find little use for it.

Elixar 20 Mar 2017 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2584105)
Well, that would not be an unreasonable request I suppose, my only objection objection as far as what I would add to my site would be that you can get there just as easily using the code already provided by vB, without adding an external script containing essentially redundant code.

However, this is not to discourage anyone from developing this for you. I'm only stating why I would find little use for it.

Understood, thank you for chiming in though nevertheless. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.