vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81811

Joe1967 18 Jun 2007 12:38

Great thread - I also look forward to this new version for VB 3.6.7 :D

dawmd 18 Jun 2007 19:52

no updates =/ sorry guys.. vacation was actually a vacation and i didnt get on my laptop except to check emails. im gonna get started on working more on it tonight.. figured id chime to let you know whats up

Gez 18 Jun 2007 20:55

excellent, keep us posted, i for 1 cant wait to try out your version of vbgarage :)

Rocket 442 18 Jun 2007 22:08

Yeah, thanks for the update, I check it everyday hoping for some news.

DieselMinded 19 Jun 2007 08:23

Glad to hear you enjoyed your self and refreshed your battery's Now Get back to Work ..LOL I have 1200 Diesel Heads Wanting Some Dyno/Time Clips And there own garage

lol

DM

Gez 22 Jun 2007 08:09

Just checking in :)

titter 26 Jun 2007 03:02

any updates?

Installed
by keharris53
26 Jun 2007 05:29

I'm still feeling my way around vb. Installed the garage (I have vb 3.6.7). My only problem is that I'd like the description "car" changed to "motorcycle". Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Sychev_S 28 Jun 2007 11:18

search in phrases "car" and replace it with "motorcycle".

dawmd 29 Jun 2007 19:11

its going slowly.. longer hours at work leave me less time, plus finally putting my new motor together so im a bit busy. but im still working on it. infact im finishing up the timeslips userside right now. dont worry im not gonna just drop the project, but give me time, dont worry it will be worth the wait. ill try and pop in atleast once a week and give an update, even if there isnt anything to update on.

also all the source is now on a SVN so code wont be lost if say my laptop decides to take a dump.

keharris53 30 Jun 2007 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sychev_S (Post 1278337)
search in phrases "car" and replace it with "motorcycle".

Ok, I'll try that. I believe I did, but didn't have any luck. I know it's there. Thanks.

I tried that, and found the following:
<td class="thead" align="center">$vbphrase[vbgarage_car]</td>
changing this reference to motorcycle didn't work.
I know this can be changed, but having a heck of a time finding it. Probably in plain view...

SkyCatcher 03 Jul 2007 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by keharris53 (Post 1280025)
Ok, I'll try that. I believe I did, but didn't have any luck. I know it's there. Thanks.

I tried that, and found the following:
<td class="thead" align="center">$vbphrase[vbgarage_car]</td>
changing this reference to motorcycle didn't work.
I know this can be changed, but having a heck of a time finding it. Probably in plain view...

In the AdminCP find languages and then phrases. Then search in the phrases, don't actually search in the templates :p

Sychev_S 03 Jul 2007 13:22

Yeah, search in phrases for vbgarage_car, but make sure you check phrase name and variable search option.

Also, if you switch $vbphrase[vbgarage_car] to whatever you want in template that should work too.

Just like that: <td class="thead" align="center">Motorcycle</td>
If it still does not work then you are editing the wrong template. :)

keharris53 07 Jul 2007 19:33

Hi,
Thanks for the responses. I searched phrases and found what I had previously seen:
$vbphrase[vbgarage_car]
I've tried changing car to motorcycle before, and it didn't work, and my searches in templates and phrases pulls up the same result. Thanks.

Ok...
changed align="center">$vbphrase[vbgarage_car]</td> to
<td class="thead" align="center">Motorcycle</td> and that did it. Not being very familiar with the scripting, I thought the $vbphrase was required.
Again, thanks! I learned something.

dawmd 08 Jul 2007 20:30

all you did was remove the phrased variable form the template. everyone has told you the proper way to make changes to phrases but editing the template will work, it just prevent anyone using another language to read it in that language, thats the whole point of phrases and languages, to make it easier to translate everything.

maybe they didnt explain it on a level you could understand

goto phrases, and find vbgarage_car

leave the phrase name (vbgarage_car) alone and change the translated text in the bigger text boxes from car to motorcycle. what you probably did the first few times was change the variable name as well as the translated text which the template looks up vbgarage_car not vbgarage_motorcycle

vbgarage_car is the pointer and wherever $vbphrase[vbgarage_car] is it will spit out the content (which is car), so you need to leave the name of the phrase alone and change the content.

default it goes like this
vbgarage_car = car
you want it to be
vbgarage_car = motorcycle


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.