vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

howard007 31 Aug 2010 05:47

Any reason why you don't add a feature to whitelist IP's?

GlowHost.com 03 Sep 2010 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Range 4x4 (Post 2090086)
This caught my eye after opening registration today and getting slammed with bogus registrations. I have a very small user base by design and did it all manually but decided to make it easier. Oops, that went bad. Just installed this and will see how it does.

Please mark it as installed. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by howard007 (Post 2091861)
Any reason why you don't add a feature to whitelist IP's?

Well, the main reason is I don't see a good reason for it. Can you tell me what you are trying to accomplish and why, and why you cannot do it with the current options? If it sounds good I can surely consider it.

Front Range 4x4 03 Sep 2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2093350)
Please mark it as installed. :)

Oops, thought I had.

*Installed* and an immediate drop of spam registrations followed. :D

GlowHost.com 03 Sep 2010 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Front Range 4x4 (Post 2093378)
Oops, thought I had.

*Installed* and an immediate drop of spam registrations followed. :D

That is good news :)

Hey we got nominated for Mod of the Month!

Please vote for us if you like this mod. It will encourage release of version 2.0 :)

Vote by clicking 'Nominate for MOTM' link in the release notes at the top right of this thread - you can nominate as many as you like during the month.

giorgino 03 Sep 2010 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2093383)
That is good news :)

Hey we got nominated for Mod of the Month!

Please vote for us if you like this mod. It will encourage release of version 2.0 :)

Vote by clicking 'Nominate for MOTM' link in the release notes at the top right of this thread - you can nominate as many as you like during the month.


Done! ;) Great job!

tommac3 05 Sep 2010 16:27

Would there be any plans to also incorporate:
botscout

It seems that they already have vbulletin code ... it would be cool if this could be integrated into this plugin
http://www.botscout.com/

FleaBag 05 Sep 2010 22:55

Thanks, just installed this on my new board. Will see how it goes. :)

Iguana Goddess 06 Sep 2010 02:26

Seems like when I submit user info it's not getting to the stopforumspan site. I had some one register using an IP that I had submitted when they had registered earlier in the day.

DaneAU 06 Sep 2010 04:45

This is exactly what i was looking for, over the recent months i have been hammered by severe spam concerning pornography. It was so bad i have had to manually moderate new users and their initial posts. I am so thankful that something to combat this has come into play.

Thanks a million :up:

GlowHost.com 06 Sep 2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommac3 (Post 2094136)
Would there be any plans to also incorporate:
botscout

It seems that they already have vbulletin code ... it would be cool if this could be integrated into this plugin
http://www.botscout.com/

I was considering it actually, just depends on if users want it or not. I didn't see any great differences in the 2 systems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iguana Goddess (Post 2094365)
Seems like when I submit user info it's not getting to the stopforumspan site. I had some one register using an IP that I had submitted when they had registered earlier in the day.

Do you have your API key and have it configured in Spam-O-Matic yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneAU (Post 2094388)
This is exactly what i was looking for, over the recent months i have been hammered by severe spam concerning pornography. It was so bad i have had to manually moderate new users and their initial posts. I am so thankful that something to combat this has come into play.

Thanks a million :up:

You are welcome :) Please vote for us for Mod of the Month if you like it.

Iguana Goddess 06 Sep 2010 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2094754)


Do you have your API key and have it configured in Spam-O-Matic yet?



Yes, and it was working then all of a sudden doesn't seem to be now.

GlowHost.com 06 Sep 2010 23:32

OK, I will check up on it. After your post I read that they recently updated their site and some things broke.

Maybe that is one of the things :) Thanks for the report.

Iguana Goddess 06 Sep 2010 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2094778)
OK, I will check up on it. After your post I read that they recently updated their site and some things broke.

Maybe that is one of the things :) Thanks for the report.

I was wondering if maybe that was the issue because I noticed that their lay out had changed. Thanks. Great hack when the site itself isn't glitching.

jezza101 07 Sep 2010 09:15

Just wanted to say thanks for a great mod. I wrote something like this for another CMS and was pleased to see someone has already done it for vb. These tools make all the difference to forum spam and make running a forum viable!

I tried to vote for MOTM but i get a permissions error when I try :(.
Edit: ah have to vote on front page poll - i get it!

Good work.

BadgerDog 07 Sep 2010 12:23

I think there's something wrong with either this mod, or StopForumSpam.Com ... :confused:

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong, but for over two years I've been reporting spammers there automatically from our site using the original vb StopForumSpam .61 add-on mod and the API key provided to me by that site.

I just tried to BAN a spammer using this latest revision of Spam-O-Matic and it now appears to no longer work automatically, yet I'm able to manually submit to "line by line" spammers (hand adding them) to the StopForumSpam site, which is really aggravating and not worth the effort.

Can anyone help or know what's going on?

Perhaps they are now only accepting automatic additions from their own add-on mod vbStopForumSpam and not this Spam-O-Matic one?

Thanks for any feedback ... :)

Regards,
Bagder


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.