vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Phalynx 13 Aug 2010 13:28

Another thing:
In my Log Viewer there are entries with "No Username Submitted". They just have the eMail Address. How can that be?

GlowHost.com 13 Aug 2010 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalynx (Post 2083178)
Another thing:
In my Log Viewer there are entries with "No Username Submitted". They just have the eMail Address. How can that be?

The logs are overly verbose in this version and so is the checking. We will probably disable that as in many cases it is just information for your viewing pleasure.

The reason you see no username or no email is because some bots do not provide those details, then Spam-O-Matic sends them to the vBulletin registration system (or bans them as the case may be) When they get to the vBulletin registration system they are eventually blocked for not having the required fields.

Phalynx 13 Aug 2010 13:39

Ok, in this case they were blocked due to eMail Address. Thanks for the info.

Jaxel 13 Aug 2010 13:57

bug...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Only happens when a user clicks "Go Advanced" on the quick reply form. Does not happen when double clicking "Reply to Thread".

Gold Phan7om 13 Aug 2010 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2083156)
If you are getting this error:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

it would be nice to know version number of your vB.

Im running 4.0.6PL1

solboy 13 Aug 2010 18:19

I get this error when I try to delete a post as spam and ban the bot:


Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/website/public_html/includes/functions_vbghsfs.php on line 459

Even after I disabled and then uninstalled the plugin this error still exists.

solboy 14 Aug 2010 05:58

Im getting this error also when making new posts.


Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_OR

GlowHost.com 14 Aug 2010 11:54

I can't dupe it. I need versions.

When you submit a bug report please give me a vB version number and precise and exact steps to reproduce the problem. Thanks. Also, include your browser version and name (IE, FF, Opera, etc).

Here, I will give a checklist:

1: vBulletin Version:
2: Browser:
3: Detailed description of the problem.

Gold Phan7om wins the prize so far for the most detailed report.

Gold Phan7om 14 Aug 2010 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2083626)
I can't dupe it. I need versions.

When you submit a bug report please give me a vB version number and precise and exact steps to reproduce the problem. Thanks. Also, include your browser version and name (IE, FF, Opera, etc).

Here, I will give a checklist:

1: vBulletin Version:
2: Browser:
3: Detailed description of the problem.

Gold Phan7om wins the prize so far for the most detailed report.

I asked vbulletin support about it and they said its most likely the 'newpost_process' hook.

May be a start?

solboy 14 Aug 2010 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2083626)
I can't dupe it. I need versions.

When you submit a bug report please give me a vB version number and precise and exact steps to reproduce the problem. Thanks. Also, include your browser version and name (IE, FF, Opera, etc).

Here, I will give a checklist:

1: vBulletin Version:
2: Browser:
3: Detailed description of the problem.

Gold Phan7om wins the prize so far for the most detailed report.

If you create a mod for vb 4.0 and users post an error in the same thread then it should be obvious which version they are using. The mod should work in all 4.0+ forums. No worries though. I found a way to remove the mod completly. You should test this thing out some more before offering it.

Phalynx 14 Aug 2010 18:52

PHP Parse error: parse error in \includes\functions_newpost.php (433) : eval()'d code on line 11

This happens by creating a new post within vBulletin 4.0.6 Suite.

I disable the hook newpost_process of you hack for now as it did double posts and print this message.

fluidswork 14 Aug 2010 19:18

Thanks very much for this mod ...

TheLastSuperman 14 Aug 2010 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by solboy (Post 2083729)
If you create a mod for vb 4.0 and users post an error in the same thread then it should be obvious which version they are using. The mod should work in all 4.0+ forums. No worries though. I found a way to remove the mod completly. You should test this thing out some more before offering it.

Well barring my previous comments... your statement is only half true... basically one of us can create a mod but if something default in vBulletin changes from one version to the next then the mod must be recoded. Otherwise since your half way there we could simply say well heck if that was the case nearly all 3.x mods should work on 4.x, it's only a one number difference! J/K of course as we all know syntax changes in the least took place lol so just bare in mind those things are needed when de-bugging. I do think though if your having to upgrade a mod for let's say 4.0.6 then you should leave the old .zip and specify which version of the mod works on which version of vBulletin unless the update remedies the errors in all current versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalynx (Post 2083823)
PHP Parse error: parse error in \includes\functions_newpost.php (433) : eval()'d code on line 11

This happens by creating a new post within vBulletin 4.0.6 Suite.

I disable the hook newpost_process of you hack for now as it did double posts and print this message.

See solboy, as Phalanx posted it's only 4.0.6 Suite for him, this might not be an issue on 4.0.5.

utahraves 15 Aug 2010 00:17

I am using 4.0.6 suite and experience this when replying to a thread:
I use Firefox 3.6.8


Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_OR in /serverpath/includes/functions_newpost.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 31

Then creating a new thread I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_OR in /serverpath/includes/functions_newpost.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 31

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_OR in /serverpath/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php(1766) : eval()'d code on line 4

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /serverpath/functions_newpost.php(433) : eval()'d code
Line: 31

Disabling until resolved.

Snookieboy 15 Aug 2010 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2083175)
Thanks.

Yes that is possible, do you have an example of the old mod so I can see how it was handled?

Yeah sure, the old mod we use to use on VB3.8 was:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184757

Dude, thank you so much for considering this, if we can just get it to deny posts with an error message instead of sending to moderation, it would save having to go through a daily moderation queue of over 100 posts! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.