vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

bzcomputers 06 Nov 2012 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KProjects (Post 2378932)
Is anyone else noticing people getting through with IPs that are listed in stopforumspam.com? I've noticed it quite a bit lately on a couple different vB sites w/ this mod installed..

I have IP check enabled
I have it set to block if it can't reach the stopforumspam site..

I believe even if it is in the database, if it is old (like 180 days, not sure what the length of time is), it will no longer block that ip.

KProjects 06 Nov 2012 19:16

I did not know that - i'm just using the default settings that it had when I installed it.. is the updated code in this thread somewhere?

TheSupportForum 06 Nov 2012 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by KProjects (Post 2378936)
I did not know that - i'm just using the default settings that it had when I installed it.. is the updated code in this thread somewhere?

open functions_ghsom.php
replace code from line 96 - 105 with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


KProjects 06 Nov 2012 19:28

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSupportForum (Post 2378937)
open functions_ghsom.php
replace code from line 96 - 105 with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


KProjects 06 Nov 2012 19:40

Ok - as an update..

I remembered about the logs that it provides, so I looked through there - I had a total of 80 registration attempts on one of my sites today.. of that 80, it let 4 through.

The 4 were from the same IP address, which is in the stopforumspam.com database 57 times so far..

My API code currently does point to www.stopforumspam.com and not api.stopforumspam.com but because of the 76 blocks today it seems to be contacting the server fine..

I did just change the code to what you have pasted above and will see how it goes over the next couple days..

Thanks,
Rob

vBBurger 06 Nov 2012 20:42

How does the newbie filter work if you have Email Activation enabled on vBulletin?

Because Email Activation puts them into a group awaiting Email activation, while Glow Host is trying to put them into the Newbies group.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem. Most people immediately go and activate.

But with Spam Bots, they register, never activate by email, and since GlowHost puts the user into a group which has posting privileges, they are able to post on the forum without activating.

This is where the problem arises.

If this is in fact a bug, or oversight, the solution would be for GlowHost to *wait* until they have moved out of the "Awaiting Email Activation" group before considering them a new registrant.

As it stands, it immediately considers them an activated registrant.

ThinkingBig 06 Nov 2012 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy026 (Post 2378718)
There any way for me not to moderate the new members? We have so many members and a lot of ban appeals that come in and it takes forever to go through and moderate all the post.

+1 i have same problem... all new mambers post need to be moderate i got
Auto-Moderation set to disable and this not helps..

kartheekb 08 Nov 2012 07:18

showing as database problem..

i have tryed other products , they are uploading..

Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Thursday, November 8th 2012 @ 02:16:13 AM
Error Date : Thursday, November 8th 2012 @ 02:16:14 AM
Script : http://technodiscuss.com/vbforum/adm...=productimport
Referrer : http://technodiscuss.com/vbforum/adm...?do=productadd
IP Address : 117.XXX.X.XX
Username : admin
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.23-55

TheSupportForum 08 Nov 2012 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartheekb (Post 2379296)
showing as database problem..

i have tryed other products , they are uploading..

please read a few pages up :(

in product-glowhostspamomatic.xml change all instances of


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

then install again

kartheekb 08 Nov 2012 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSupportForum (Post 2379299)
please read a few pages up :(

in product-glowhostspamomatic.xml change all instances of


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

then install again

thank you... worked. ;)

TheSupportForum 08 Nov 2012 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartheekb (Post 2379422)
thank you... worked. ;)

np :)

vBBurger 08 Nov 2012 17:49

Can someone address my question?

With Email Activation on, users are being pulled immediately into the newbie user group upon registration. The usergroup that allows posting, with restrictions. Why is it doing this? They should be left in the "Users Awaiting Email Activation" group until they activate by email. Because of this bug, spam bots are able to register and post without activating their email account. This nullifies the entire purpose of Email Activation. They should only be moved into the new users group after they activate.

Why? How to fix?
---------------------------------

I tried to post a question to the maker of GlowHost Spam O Matic on their support forums. He failed to answer any of my questions and then deleted all my posts. Very strange, and inappropriate behavior honestly. I guess their SpamOMatic support forum is not for support with SpamOMatic

GlowHost.com 08 Nov 2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBBurger (Post 2379460)

With Email Activation on, users are being pulled immediately into the newbie user group upon registration. The usergroup that allows posting, with restrictions. Why is it doing this?

Because it was designed that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBBurger (Post 2379460)

They should be left in the "Users Awaiting Email Activation" group until they activate by email. Because of this bug, spam bots are able to register and post without activating their email account. This nullifies the entire purpose of Email Activation. They should only be moved into the new users group after they activate.

Do you think spam bots cant click activation links if they can fill out a form?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBBurger (Post 2379460)

I tried to post a question to the maker of GlowHost Spam O Matic on their support forums. He failed to answer any of my questions and then deleted all my posts. Very strange, and inappropriate behavior honestly. I guess their SpamOMatic support forum is not for support with SpamOMatic

You are right, this is the place to seek support.

Your choices are to either use the newbies group after registration or use the users awaiting validation group after registration.

Fivestones 08 Nov 2012 19:08

works great ty

M.C. 08 Nov 2012 20:19

Want to thank you for great addon first.

Have question about moderated posts/threads (may be been asked here). In statistic there is:

Spam-O-Matic Statistics

X Spammers Denied Registration

X Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated



But where they located that "moderated posts"? I don't see them....

May be you can add in options that put all moderated threads/posts into some special "Trash-bin" forum and we can put forumID for it?

WBRs

P.S. sorry my english not well


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.