vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

enginethatcan't 24 Nov 2011 15:07

error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_options_list() (previously declared in /home/chatabou/public_html/forum/misc.php(89) : eval()'d code:699) in /home/chatabou/public_html/forum/includes/functions_ghsom.php on line 354

Mariner1 24 Nov 2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeones_raymon (Post 2271507)
@Mariner1: You have to upload the file to the correct folder

Thanks for the info,ive reinstalled it.Works fine now

haincha 24 Nov 2011 19:34

Would be nice is there was a feature to kill blog posts by people that are able to bypass the registration. Other than that. It has been really nice.

Amadeusmq 25 Nov 2011 05:03

Quote:

2011-11-24 14:05:28 199.15.234.136 woakmih981 [email protected] Spam-O-Matic Tagged email - [email protected] - Spammer Found and rejected.
When I see a rejection such as this, does this addon automatically send the IP to stopforumspam.com? Or, does that only occur once someone has actually 'spammed'?

The reason I'm wondering is because I get a lot of bots from the same IP.

ForceHSS 25 Nov 2011 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeusmq (Post 2271662)
When I see a rejection such as this, does this addon automatically send the IP to stopforumspam.com? Or, does that only occur once someone has actually 'spammed'?

The reason I'm wondering is because I get a lot of bots from the same IP.

it only saves them to the logs you must add each one yourself to stopforumspam site

Amadeusmq 25 Nov 2011 06:27

Quote:

it only saves them to the logs you must add each one yourself to stopforumspam site
Hmm...is there a philosophical reason why there isn't an option in the log itself (a checkbox and button) to do this for you? I know that the addon stores the stopforumspam.com API key.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, I'm just curious if I'm missing something.

ForceHSS 25 Nov 2011 22:53

that would be up to the coder to add that wish he would pain in the neck adding them all

GlowHost.com 25 Nov 2011 23:07

If its in the log, it's already in the database so no need to submit it 2x.

Alibass 25 Nov 2011 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadeusmq (Post 2271686)
Hmm...is there a philosophical reason why there isn't an option in the log itself (a checkbox and button) to do this for you? I know that the addon stores the stopforumspam.com API key.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, I'm just curious if I'm missing something.

Mate,

The reason you see that in the log is because it was found on SFS data base and rejected the user from registering on your site. The work has already been done for you and the mod is working correctly.
Should a spammer get by the mod and spam on your site then you can report their info to SFS so the next site they try and join they will get automatically rejected.

haincha 26 Nov 2011 00:43

Okay, since there are 96 pages I didn't read all of them. But, I tried searching for what I was looking for, with no specific results.

Is there a way to set it up to automatically delete zero post members that are still in the Newbie group after say 48 hours?

Or a way to report the members that are still getting past the spam filter. I had to remove the ability for Newbies to stop spamming my Blogs.

I don't want them to reflect statistics that don't really exist.

The Rocketeer 26 Nov 2011 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by haincha (Post 2271974)
Or a way to report the members that are still getting past the spam filter. I had to remove the ability for Newbies to stop spamming my Blogs.

I don't want them to reflect statistics that don't really exist.

this was a feature in the previous 1.x version, where you could report them and delete or ban them..but they removed that feature in the 2.x version.. thats one of the reasons why we were asking for the next updated release that would hopefully include a feature to report and then delete said users.

The Rocketeer 26 Nov 2011 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2271952)
If its in the log, it's already in the database so no need to submit it 2x.

Hey GlowHost, When will you be providing us with the update that you promised so many months ago? I think its about time we saw a beckon of hope :) as more and more people started having problems and complainig about some mission features and other improvements :)

ForceHSS 26 Nov 2011 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocketeer (Post 2271976)
this was a feature in the previous 1.x version, where you could report them and delete or ban them..but they removed that feature in the 2.x version.. thats one of the reasons why we were asking for the next updated release that would hopefully include a feature to report and then delete said users.

I have that option with this version dont know why you dont

robert garrett 26 Nov 2011 06:34

I would like a option to not display the spammer statistics unless logged on as a admin.

other than that this is working great.

RG

Amadeusmq 26 Nov 2011 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert garrett (Post 2272050)
I would like a option to not display the spammer statistics unless logged on as a admin.

I like this idea as well. I turned it off entirely because it just seemed distracting from my site's content, but it would be nice to see it as an administrator.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.