vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241278

Dumb question, becoming a "coder"?
by CaseLogic
26 Apr 2010 02:34

What does it take to get the "coder" user title?

Speysider 26 Apr 2010 08:05

By releasing modifications to vBulletin in the Mod section. Major addition hacks usually give you coder immediately, while others release small amounts of small template changes/hacks to get coder.

vijayninel 26 Apr 2010 11:09

^^ How come you and I are only "contributors" ? When do we graduate from contributors to coders/designers ?

Speysider 26 Apr 2010 12:55

You have to release a lot of small hacks or one major addition.

CaseLogic 26 Apr 2010 13:22

what if I do freelance work for people in the request sections? that doesn't qualify me for anything? :(

Speysider 26 Apr 2010 14:23

Nope. You must release your own custom coded hacks in the modification section.

King Kovifor 27 Apr 2010 02:28

The titles are based on a release level system. Each release you make counts towards your release level, thus, giving you a title.

ChopSuey 27 Apr 2010 08:10

If you release a 100 different mods, for one version, you'll become a moderator like King Kovifor

im only kidding.

JacquiiDesigns 27 Apr 2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChopSuey (Post 2028003)
If you release a 100 different mods, for one version, you'll become a moderator like King Kovifor

LOL

Paul M 27 Apr 2010 17:03

Ive heard that if you release 101, you get a free Dalmation .....

GonE 28 Apr 2010 12:58

Quote:

Really? I heard it was a free bottle of wine? meh, people need to make their minds up lol

(Of course, only kidding)

King Kovifor 29 Apr 2010 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChopSuey (Post 2028003)

im only kidding.

Haha! I actually got a good laugh out of that one! I don't have that many...

ChopSuey 29 Apr 2010 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 2028174)

I heard that too, you even get Cruella devil (or whoever) to post 101 posts on your own forum too! :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by King Kovifor (Post 2028823)
Haha! I actually got a good laugh out of that one! I don't have that many...

i was super bored and didn't know what to put so i thought of that :)

borbole 06 May 2010 16:55

A bit off topic, and I applogize for that, but this whole Coder, Designer, Coder/Designer ranks have suprised me a bit. I mean I have seen some members holding one of those ranks that have asked some questions that no Coder and/or Designer should ask. So that makes me wonder how deserving that thing is. (holding the rank I mean). I really hope no one will hold a grudge at me about what I said above, but it is something that I have noticed, that is all, nothing personal to no-one :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 2028174)

Lol Paul :D

Ryan Ashbrook 06 May 2010 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by borbole (Post 2032653)
A bit off topic, and I applogize for that, but this whole Coder, Designer, Coder/Designer ranks have suprised me a bit. I mean I have seen some members holding one of those ranks that have asked some questions that no Coder and/or Designer should ask. So that makes me wonder how deserving that thing is. (holding the rank I mean). I really hope no one will hold a grudge at me about what I said above, but it is something that I have noticed, that is all, nothing personal to no-one :)

Even the most advanced coders have questions that they would need to ask. Not a single person can claim they know absolutely everything about PHP (aside from, maybe, the PHP Devs themselves).

That's why we are a community. We help those who need it, and get helped when we need it. :)