vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

TeknoSounds 26 May 2011 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 2200121)
Weird, for some reason I canīt find the glowhost navigation in the admincp nor a setting page. The xml is properly uploaded in the includes/xml folder. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Guess itīs a trivial problem, but I am stuck. Help appreciated.

the xml file is what you import, you don't upload it to the includes/xml folder

TeknoSounds 26 May 2011 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by liltiger (Post 2200080)
no... I originally tried to upload to my forum... and it wanted to replace admin cp and include...

then another post here said to put them in admin cp

this is expected behavior because it detects the same folders, but if its a new install there won't be any files to overwrite in that folder. For future upgrades, you'll be overwriting previously uploaded files.
But its only giving you the replace the folders question because its detecting the folders are already there, it won't do anything with any other files within the folder unless that file already exists.

Hope that helps.

liltiger 28 May 2011 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2200360)
this is expected behavior because it detects the same folders, but if its a new install there won't be any files to overwrite in that folder. For future upgrades, you'll be overwriting previously uploaded files.
But its only giving you the replace the folders question because its detecting the folders are already there, it won't do anything with any other files within the folder unless that file already exists.

Hope that helps.

OK - so I should say yes?

Marv 28 May 2011 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2200356)
the xml file is what you import, you don't upload it to the includes/xml folder

I wasnīt referring to the product.xml, itīs about the cpnav_glowhostspamomatic.xml. Any ideas what could have happend? May be cpnav_glowhostspamomatic.xml is trying to install at in a cpnav_ hook, where other mods have installed theirs? How could I change that to another hook/place ?

TeknoSounds 28 May 2011 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 2200779)
I wasnīt referring to the product.xml, itīs about the cpnav_glowhostspamomatic.xml. Any ideas what could have happend? May be cpnav_glowhostspamomatic.xml is trying to install at in a cpnav_ hook, where other mods have installed theirs? How could I change that to another hook/place ?

okay so you're saying you can't find the admincp settings for SpamoMatic, in your admincp folder there should be a glowhostspamomatic.php file, and the settings themselves are under the main settings manager, just check close to the bottom of the list...

MySQL Error on installation of product
by autostick
28 May 2011 20:13

My apologies if this was covered, but I searched and found nothing. I am installing SpamOMatic for the first time, and when I click on Import Product, I get this error message. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.
:confused:
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.3:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Error Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Script : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...=productimport
Referrer : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...?do=productadd
IP Address : 164.107.52.52
Username : xx xx
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.8

LisaArnold 30 May 2011 13:29

I have a question that I can't seaem to find an answer for...

Does the Spam-O-Matic have a unbalanced tilt towards not recognizing IP reports in favor of email reports from submissions?

I ask this because on our forum- every spammer that gets through has bad IP reports from sometimes days/months before registering with our site. They get through with a good email, but the IP comes back as previously reported. This has happened numerous times.

I find that this is the case for nearly 99% of the bans. We're using the VBulletin version of Spam-O-Matic and this problem has been on-going for at least a month if not longer.

Is this a known bug in the Spam-O-Matic, and if so, are there any plans to fix it?

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Lisa :)

Thank you error 1064 is solved
by autostick
30 May 2011 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 2173637)
na i had the same issue with same info, but with photopost. attached is the modified file you should be ok
I changed the TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM and removed ";" this happens on windows server mysql 5.5.8

Many thanks to puertoblack for posting the modified code that works flawlessly. Up and running now, my apologies for any duplication... http://www.carforums.net/images/smilies/dupe.gif

Thanks
by Rabbit9149
31 May 2011 07:33

Thanks for this Mod. I installed this on my higher bot traffic site about 3 days ago to see how well it works and so far it has blocked all spammers 100%. 39 Spammers Denied Registration so far and counting. Again, Thanks very much for this Mod.

shrimpca 31 May 2011 09:28

I can't get APIkey from stopspam.

Can you help me ??

Pionex 31 May 2011 10:03

installed, I dont know how well it works yet, but ill let you know tomorrow. Ive been getting, on average, 5 spam bots a day on my site before this was installed. installation went smoothly as well.

thank you.

Delphiprogrammi 31 May 2011 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimpca (Post 2201977)
I can't get APIkey from stopspam.

Can you help me ??

you have to register on there forum to get an apikey due to abuse (people submitting false reports etc)

for people who have there ip listed and are not a spammer you can request removal though keep this in mind

1) ask nicely
2) do not argue with them or your ip stays in there database

Glowhost you could update the first post so you don't have to answer the same question all the time :D

Delphiprogrammi 31 May 2011 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by autostick (Post 2200975)
My apologies if this was covered, but I searched and found nothing. I am installing SpamOMatic for the first time, and when I click on Import Product, I get this error message. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.
:confused:
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.3:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Error Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Script : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...=productimport
Referrer : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...?do=productadd
IP Address : 164.107.52.52
Username : xx xx
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.8

that looks like a duplicate ; at the end

Rabbit9149 31 May 2011 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by autostick (Post 2200975)
My apologies if this was covered, but I searched and found nothing. I am installing SpamOMatic for the first time, and when I click on Import Product, I get this error message. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.
:confused:
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.3:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Error Date : Saturday, May 28th 2011 @ 09:01:53 PM
Script : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...=productimport
Referrer : http://164.107.52.52/vb3/admincp/plu...?do=productadd
IP Address : 164.107.52.52
Username : xx xx
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.8

I had this same error. It has to do with the newer versions of mysql you use. You can fix it by right clicking on product-glowhostspamomatic.xml and click edit and open your find window and search for TYPE=MyISAM I think there were 3 of them you need to change to ENGINE=MyISAM and that should fix you all up. ;)

Pionex 31 May 2011 16:37

Spam-O-Matic Tagged ip - 213.163.97.20 Unable to connect to StopForumSpam.com. This is probably due to some temporary problems on their website: Unable to check. User passed to vBulletin registration system per your settings at 'StopForumSpam: Query Conne


Im not connecting to their website..... whats the issue?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.