https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=326564

Duckways: Admin - Log in as
by Jorandh
13 Jul 2018 00:10

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2018/03/5.png
Admin - Log in as

What is this mod all about?

Sometimes it comes in handy to access the account of one of your users. To fix issues, to debug or whatever. This plugin shows an "Log in as" button on the profile page for admins and super moderators. When clicked your session will be set to log in as the other user without filling in a password.

Button on profile page (only visible for admin and super moderator):

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2018/07/15.png

About Duckways

We're a company with a team of developers who have been working a lot on a vBulletin 4 system for two of our customers. The largest one with over 200,000 users and 4 million posts.
This one migrated to vBulletin 5 recently and we've faced quite some issues in vBulletin 5 which we'll fix by writing custom modifications. Some of those, which are worth sharing, will be added here on vBulletin.org. If you're missing a feature or add-on, please feel free to contact us.

How to install:

- Download the zip file below

- Upload the content of the upload folder to your vBulletin root.

- Install the XML by importing it as a new product.

Version history
  • 1.0.0 - Initial release

Support

Please use this thread to ask questions or to report bugs.

megabink 13 Jul 2018 19:59

I used this a lot on my vB 4 version a few years back and i am very happy it finally made it to vB 5.
Thanks a million @Jorandh :up:

Fleiding 14 Jul 2018 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by megabink (Post 2595550)
I used this a lot on my vB 4 version a few years back and i am very happy it finally made it to vB 5.
Thanks a million @Jorandh :up:

Same here! This is now easily one of the best mods of vB5!

Jorandh 14 Jul 2018 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleiding (Post 2595556)
Same here! This is now easily one of the best mods of vB5!

You would help us a lot by clicking the button "Vote for mod of the month" button! :D
Thanks for your support. We're currently preparing the zip files for an Trade/Sales feedback plugin and 2 other cool plugins that will come online very soon!

Stay tuned, the vBulletin 5 mod section is going to get active again...!

keyla31 14 Jul 2018 17:10

Works perfect, thank you so much!

megabink 14 Jul 2018 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorandh (Post 2595560)
You would help us a lot by clicking the button "Vote for mod of the month" button! :D
!

Done!

MarkFL 14 Jul 2018 19:03

Mod Of The Month (MOTM) was discontinued some time ago. I don't even see the button.

Jorandh 14 Jul 2018 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2595575)
Mod Of The Month (MOTM) was discontinued some time ago. I don't even see the button.

Yikes.... Did this community go this inactive? It used to be so much more active around here....

megabink 15 Jul 2018 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2595575)

Yes your right the button is gone...i used the rate (stars) option instead.

snakes1100 13 Oct 2018 19:08

Anyone having an issue with the link not showing up using 5.4.4?

snakes1100 13 Oct 2018 20:41

Okay, scratch that, it appears that you have to use the xml from \upload\core\packages\duckwaysloginas

If you use the xml from the main xml folder, it wont work.

snakes1100 14 Oct 2018 18:01

A link to log back into your account should be added to this.

JoseyCampbell 04 Nov 2018 22:06

Not Working

MarkFL 05 Nov 2018 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseyCampbell (Post 2597185)
Not Working

Not to be snarky, but that tells the product developer virtually nothing. When you take your car to the shop, do you simply tell them "it's not working correctly" or do you give them some kind of information that helps them to identify the issue?

JoseyCampbell 05 Nov 2018 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2597189)
Not to be snarky, but that tells the product developer virtually nothing. When you take your car to the shop, do you simply tell them "it's not working correctly" or do you give them some kind of information that helps them to identify the issue?

Sorry was in a rush. Ill give more details in a few