vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85780

[release] Show Multiple Announcements in forumdisplay
by filburt1
24 Dec 2002 04:08

2 Attachment(s)
Author: filburt1
Description: Displays all announcements for the current forum (and global announcements) instead of just one. Also adds a divider breaking up the announcements from the threads.
Screenshot: next post

The latter part of the description was requested here at vBT. This requires PAPI 1.0.4 (link in the instructions) and adds one query to forumdisplay.

filburt1 24 Dec 2002 04:08

2 Attachment(s)
Screenshot:

BLaRmuS 24 Dec 2002 04:10

i really dont like the divider

filburt1 24 Dec 2002 04:11

The whole thing is template-driven so you can remove it easily.

Tony G 24 Dec 2002 05:31

Hmm, the different layout of the last post column makes it look a bit weird but if seperated a little better. :D

filburt1 24 Dec 2002 05:35

Couldn't think of a better way to lay it out :(

Tony G 24 Dec 2002 05:37

Here's my suggestion:

Use the forumdisplay_threadslist as the divider and then add your own little header at the top for the announcements display.

Sephiroth32 24 Dec 2002 05:48

I would use this but I use that announcement but table so it would look to weird

nice mod though

filburt1 24 Dec 2002 05:50

People, it's template-driven if you look at the instructions. All you have to do to change the appearance is edit the templates just like a normal template mod, not edit anything in phpinclude.

Oldfart 24 Dec 2002 06:27

Well I installed it and it doesn't look to bad. I only have one question tho. Can I add the text ANNOUNCEMENTS: back in the thread discription? If so where would I insert this at?

Nice mod BTW. I was looking for something like this earlier.

Tony G 24 Dec 2002 07:57

Yes, just edit the appropiate template.

Oldfart 24 Dec 2002 09:29

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony
Yes, just edit the appropiate template.
Ok I figured that out before I posted, but my question was more along the lines which template should I edit.

Tony G 24 Dec 2002 10:27

forumdisplay_singleannouncement

It's done you create with this mod, find this code inside the file:

<td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont><a href="announcement.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$announcement[forumid]">$announcement[title]</a></normalfont></td>

Thats the code for the announcement title. Just put it what you want. If you want the title to show Announcement: Title here use this:

<td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont><a href="announcement.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$announcement[forumid]"><b>Announcement:</b>: $announcement[title]</a></normalfont></td>

Oldfart 24 Dec 2002 10:45

Thank you very much Tony I appreciate the help. ;)

Tony G 24 Dec 2002 11:35

No problem, and merry christmas! :)