vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Vikingant 30 Jul 2011 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2221538)
If a spammer is found, you have 2 options. Log and block them from registering, or log and allow them to register. if you allow them to register then the rest of your settings control what happens from there...

I have found that when I have 'log and block' chosen everyone gets blocked and obviously the log and register option lets spammers in. I have EVERYONE going to moderation but its a pain to clear them all. Its much like the 'allow new registrations:yes/no" option.

Is there a setting I may have missed?

4Play 31 Jul 2011 17:54

UPDATE:
Was having an error due, in part, to the following line:
functions_ghsom.php

In deleting this mod and doing a full reinstall, Spam-O-Matic now appears to work fine again! Totally thrilled because this mod is essential for any forum :)

princesspepper 01 Aug 2011 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by maokaang (Post 2226358)

Thanks, this is what I've been after too. I did mention this problem in an earlier post, but I think it was misunderstood. This mod does just the job, as homepage links still apprear on profiles when members are banned, so we've been removing them manually. This will cut our workload in half! :)

The Rocketeer 01 Aug 2011 09:00

Any way to ban the user using glowhost from the ACP?

I found some spammers who joined up to put links on their signatures but I cant seem to find the option to ban them from the ACP when you click edit profile.

princesspepper 01 Aug 2011 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocketeer (Post 2227553)
Any way to ban the user using glowhost from the ACP?

I found some spammers who joined up to put links on their signatures but I cant seem to find the option to ban them from the ACP when you click edit profile.

Use the drop down on the right to change the usergroup to banned members.

iamacyborg 01 Aug 2011 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowHost.com (Post 2226061)
Uhh, disable the affiliate system + disable the "give thanks" link and your links are gone.

The only pisstake here is your comment.

I did that, enabling the affiliate system added two links, rather than just the one.

maidos 02 Aug 2011 09:11

sigh your mod caused me alot of headached, when i uninstalled through product manager and then rmeoved the files i get

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'akvbghsfs_akismet_permissions' in 'field list'

so i then tried to reintall reupload the files but when i try uploading the xml file on product manager i NOW get this
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.5:

mysql 5.5.13

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064

Notification of Posts that Need Moderation
by LVC
02 Aug 2011 13:23

Is there a way to setup a notification (email/PM) alert to notify admin or moderator that a post has been placed in moderation and needs to be reviewed?

samanders 02 Aug 2011 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Play (Post 2227295)
UPDATE:
Was having an error due, in part, to the following line:
functions_ghsom.php

In deleting this mod and doing a full reinstall, Spam-O-Matic now appears to work fine again! Totally thrilled because this mod is essential for any forum :)

Had the same issue after updating with the same error message, removed and reinstalled and working again many thanks for the advice

HMBeaty 02 Aug 2011 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by maidos (Post 2228076)
sigh your mod caused me alot of headached, when i uninstalled through product manager and then rmeoved the files i get

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'akvbghsfs_akismet_permissions' in 'field list'

so i then tried to reintall reupload the files but when i try uploading the xml file on product manager i NOW get this
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.5:

mysql 5.5.13

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064

Should be:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


MAdotcom 03 Aug 2011 00:41

I had to disable this product because it left me unable to post (I was getting a blank page after I submitted a post). Anyone have problems posting after they installed this? I really want to use this because I have an overwhelming amount of spam on my site

By the way I am using 4.0.3

LVC 03 Aug 2011 01:58

Had a similar problem when I updated to 4.1.5
All you have to do is reinstall or just add the missing file from Spam-o-matic.

If it does not see the file and spam-o-matic is installed (even partially) - it will generate that error.

It was driving me nuts until I figured it out

Quote:

Originally Posted by samanders (Post 2228350)
Had the same issue after updating with the same error message, removed and reinstalled and working again many thanks for the advice


sivaganeshk 03 Aug 2011 15:09

I am getting this error

Quote:

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'akvbghsfs_akismet_permissions' in 'field list'
when I make changes to usergroup . :(
please help

forexforum 05 Aug 2011 11:12

Can someone help me?

I am having trouble register a forum account via vbulletin mobile android app that I bought as a suite. I noticed the plugin is causing the problem.

Can you help to teach me how to add the code below?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

But how to insert and where?

sc123 05 Aug 2011 15:00

i cant use "Go Advanced" Posting.. any solution?
thanks!


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.