vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328047

vBAdvanced works with PHP 7.2.30
by DarrellL
23 May 2020 19:44

Hello, everyone. Just wanted to drop by and let folks know that vBAdvanced works with PHP7.2.30

A few files need to be adjusted, and it'll fire right up.

In each of these files - vba_cmps_admin.php, vbacmps_install.php (if installing for the first time or to re-install... more with this file in a sec), vba_cmps_include_bottom.php and vba_cmps_include_top.php

Find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change to:

Note the & symbol was removed.

vBAvanced should fire right up now.

Back to that install file, vbacmps_install.php -
If you are installing for the first time on vB3.8+ or simply need to re-install/upgrade, you *might* need to modify the version number.

Find:

Change to:

It should now install/re-install as needed.

These are the ONLY changes I made to mine, and it works. I am running vB 3.8.11 on PHP Version 7.2.30.

www.3dgladiators.net and/or www.colonialfleets.com (to see everything, you'd need to be a member logged in, but I think you can see enough right there to know it works)

Kaelon 11 Nov 2021 13:28

I absolutely confirm that it works up to PHP 7.4. However, be prepared for a lot of warnings like these:

Any thoughts on how to correct these? I've gone into the original code, and haven't seen the eval'd statements that are directly addressing unslashed variables. Wonder if anyone else has scrubbed old mods like these before?

TheLastSuperman 02 Dec 2021 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelon (Post 2607721)
I absolutely confirm that it works up to PHP 7.4. However, be prepared for a lot of warnings like these:

Any thoughts on how to correct these? I've gone into the original code, and haven't seen the eval'd statements that are directly addressing unslashed variables. Wonder if anyone else has scrubbed old mods like these before?

99.9% of the time "eval()'d code" are errors related to a plugin being used. You could go through your plugins one-by-one disabling then checking for errors after refreshing, in-between disabling each to possibly track down the culprit. Although, considering vBAdvanced is a ginat plugin in itself, this could be related to code that still needs to be updated to work properly with your current version of PHP, I'd imagine it's how vBAdvanced parses some forum data or values by using it's own queries that hook into the site through the use of vBAdvanced.