vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Alfa1 14 Jan 2011 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boofo (Post 2148630)
We have close to the same setup, other than these 2:

- block fake/disposable email domains <-- I don't have a proper listing for this yet.

I can give you mine. The problem is that it will be outdated in 2 months. We need a database of fake email domains, that we can submit to. Similar to how stopforumspam offers an account info database.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boofo (Post 2148630)
The Bad Behavior mod looks like it would need too much babysitting to keep it current, so I haven't bothered with that yet. I also use the Q&A for human verification.

Bad Behavior worked great for years and stopped very large numbers of bots. Asides impacting spam attempts, it also decreases server load and bandwidth costs.
But the integration mod no longer supports the latest version.
It gets its database from the project honeypot project, so its regularly updated.

Hornstar 14 Jan 2011 00:59

+1 for Bad Behavior being added. That would be the greatest addition to an already wonderful mod.

john h 14 Jan 2011 04:02

Installed! I was using vbStopForumSpam, but this one looks more comprehensive.

Looking forward to V2 :)

Joey805 14 Jan 2011 07:30

Just installed version 1.2.8 on vb 3.86 PL1 but it shows up as 1.2.7 on my Product list. Seems to be working ok though other than the fact my RSS posts are all being moderated as well.

Delphiprogrammi 14 Jan 2011 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey805 (Post 2148820)
Just installed version 1.2.8 on vb 3.86 PL1 but it shows up as 1.2.7 on my Product list. Seems to be working ok though other than the fact my RSS posts are all being moderated as well.

that is normal see http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=430 and the rss thing is a bug the author already knows i bet he's hunting the bug down

john h 15 Jan 2011 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctalavera (Post 2148685)
Hey guys... just curious where the stats are displayed. I just installed an hour ago and can't find the location.

In Admincp, go to Statistics and logs and you will see a log file there. Stats shown under "What's going on" will be in V2 which we are all waiting on :)

oly51 15 Jan 2011 15:25

Wow. I just checked my Spam-O-Matic logs.... 2,922 entries in 10 days! A few spam registration attempts were passed through, but they never made it all the way to post. Thank you for such a great 5 star Mod. Very deserving of the MOM! :up:

Sw0rDz 15 Jan 2011 19:55

I still get "Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent spam o'matic" errors whenever I ban an user via glowhost. I've even moved the session_start(); to the top of the file (a solution I found online).

Delphiprogrammi 15 Jan 2011 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sw0rDz (Post 2149614)
I still get "Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent spam o'matic" errors whenever I ban an user via glowhost. I've even moved the session_start(); to the top of the file (a solution I found online).

be verry carefull with spaces in PHP code eg "? >" that will cause this error what linenumber is PHP complaining about ? look in that number or lines of code above it

Sw0rDz 16 Jan 2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi (Post 2149633)
be verry carefull with spaces in PHP code eg "? >" that will cause this error what linenumber is PHP complaining about ? look in that number or lines of code above it

In my attempt to fix it, I moved the session_start to the beginning of functions_ghsom.php. I've double checked that file to see if there is spaces before <? and after ?>. I now get this error message right after I ban a user and submit their info to glow-host.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


The first half of my functions_ghosom.php looks like:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

For my admin functions around line 290:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks!

Delphiprogrammi 16 Jan 2011 12:05

hello,

you could try to force PHP to not show that error by


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

notice the "@" before the function call this will force PHP to show no errors still be carefull with blank lines in your code if you use sessions there is a blank line lines starting with "//" are ignored by the PHP parser the @ thrick isn't a real solution offcource...

bmwusa 16 Jan 2011 16:23

thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going crazy with fckng spammers!!!! great job!!!!

Palehorse74480 17 Jan 2011 22:15

Ok the spam log link points to:

The requested URL /forums/admincp/modcp/moderate.php was not found on this server.

From this:
Found in Akismet Database. Held for moderation:

How to fix?

Edit: also the email field is blank.

GlowHost.com 18 Jan 2011 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palehorse74480 (Post 2150655)
Ok the spam log link points to:

The requested URL /forums/admincp/modcp/moderate.php was not found on this server.

From this:
Found in Akismet Database. Held for moderation:

How to fix?

Edit: also the email field is blank.

Wait for version 2.0 which has better logging.

Lover1 19 Jan 2011 00:53

Thank you very much for this outstanding Mod! :up:


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.