vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

ForceHSS 11 Nov 2011 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHelp1 (Post 2266713)
Will this mods against the unwant bots too ?

this is what this mod does

maxicroma 11 Nov 2011 02:15

i have to that error when i try to upload the product-glowhostspamomatic.xml

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


HMBeaty 11 Nov 2011 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxicroma (Post 2266812)
i have to that error when i try to upload the product-glowhostspamomatic.xml

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1365

usuyusu 12 Nov 2011 12:04

Hi my friends....

Any one knows how can I report StopForumSpam a spammer ONCE he is allready put in the Spammers group?

I'll try to explain better:

I detect a spammer in the same moment is is registering, so there is no ONE post from him. Inmediatly, I change the users group to Spammers (for example).

Is there any option in GlosHost Spam-O-Matic to report this users as spammer to the StopForumSpam database? (other than entering the users data directly in the StopForumSpam site database, obviously...)

:)

Thanx a lot to all.

LLent 12 Nov 2011 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by usuyusu (Post 2267249)
Hi my friends....

Any one knows how can I report StopForumSpam a spammer ONCE he is allready put in the Spammers group?

I'll try to explain better:

I detect a spammer in the same moment is is registering, so there is no ONE post from him. Inmediatly, I change the users group to Spammers (for example).

Is there any option in GlosHost Spam-O-Matic to report this users as spammer to the StopForumSpam database? (other than entering the users data directly in the StopForumSpam site database, obviously...)

:)

Thanx a lot to all.

not sure why you are trying to stop spammers trying to get in by yourself cause this is what this mod does it is automatic and the few that get in you go to your thread tools and go through process which report it to stop forum spam ....this mod is the best there is imo this has saved me and my staff at my site much time ....

usuyusu 12 Nov 2011 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLent (Post 2267273)
not sure why you are trying to stop spammers trying to get in by yourself cause this is what this mod does it is automatic and the few that get in you go to your thread tools and go through process which report it to stop forum spam ....this mod is the best there is imo this has saved me and my staff at my site much time ....

Yes, you're right, I know.

:)

But i'll try to explain better:

Suppose StopForumSpam site is temporarily not working and you have the setting in the Spam-O-Matic options to allow registration if it can not contact SFS database (it is set this way by default)

The spammer gets registered, and you know is a spammer when you look at the spamomatic log (because he has tried to register several times, due to the fact that he is not a human, but a BOT).

Well, the "user" has not posted ANYTHING yet, so, you can not go to the thread and use the "Delete as spam" spamomatic option, because there is no any thread yet.

What you do in this situation?

I hope it's clearer now.

:)

Paul K 13 Nov 2011 09:27

Please update TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM on newer hosts, else you will not be able to import/install the mod:

Warning: mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10 in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1391

ForceHSS 13 Nov 2011 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by usuyusu (Post 2267290)
Yes, you're right, I know.

:)

But i'll try to explain better:

Suppose StopForumSpam site is temporarily not working and you have the setting in the Spam-O-Matic options to allow registration if it can not contact SFS database (it is set this way by default)

The spammer gets registered, and you know is a spammer when you look at the spamomatic log (because he has tried to register several times, due to the fact that he is not a human, but a BOT).

Well, the "user" has not posted ANYTHING yet, so, you can not go to the thread and use the "Delete as spam" spamomatic option, because there is no any thread yet.

What you do in this situation?

I hope it's clearer now.

:)

add the bot manually to http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/index.php

usuyusu 13 Nov 2011 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2267543)

Thank you anyway, but as I told before:

Quote:

Originally Posted by usuyusu (Post 2267249)
Hi my friends....

Any one knows how can I report StopForumSpam a spammer ONCE he is allready put in the Spammers group?

I'll try to explain better:

I detect a spammer in the same moment is is registering, so there is no ONE post from him. Inmediatly, I change the users group to Spammers (for example).

Is there any option in GlosHost Spam-O-Matic to report this users as spammer to the StopForumSpam database? (other than entering the users data directly in the StopForumSpam site database, obviously...)

:)

Thanx a lot to all.

:)

LLent 13 Nov 2011 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by usuyusu (Post 2267290)
Yes, you're right, I know.

:)

But i'll try to explain better:

Suppose StopForumSpam site is temporarily not working and you have the setting in the Spam-O-Matic options to allow registration if it can not contact SFS database (it is set this way by default)

The spammer gets registered, and you know is a spammer when you look at the spamomatic log (because he has tried to register several times, due to the fact that he is not a human, but a BOT).

Well, the "user" has not posted ANYTHING yet, so, you can not go to the thread and use the "Delete as spam" spamomatic option, because there is no any thread yet.

What you do in this situation?

I hope it's clearer now.

:)


if this happens and its very rare what i usually do is wait for the spammer to post and then i block the ip in acp and sever of course if you know its a spammer from the logs then you can just ban it without a post... when sfs comes back online its auto again and you are back to normal

conradk 13 Nov 2011 20:03

I had non-spammers being told they were spammers... So I had to disable the check username option. Where is the db this is using to check?

Instead of pissing people off that are choosing some benign username, maybe you could say that the username they have selected is not available.

Wakey 13 Nov 2011 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by conradk (Post 2267644)
I had non-spammers being told they were spammers... So I had to disable the check username option. Where is the db this is using to check?

Instead of pissing people off that are choosing some benign username, maybe you could say that the username they have selected is not available.

I usually end up turning that off too when adding this mod to clients forums. It's just way too aggressive due to the fact that as you say so any benign names are on th list (for example choosing yor first name will almost certainly see you told you are a spammer)

To me an option to only block username if it also matches the spammer ip or email would be good.

misha69 14 Nov 2011 01:32

This is a great mod! The forum just up and in no time 16 Spammers Denied Registration and
more than a few Spam Posts Automatically Moderated. It saves so much hassle and annoyance I used to have on other forums with the spam nightmare

maxicroma 14 Nov 2011 10:20

i install it but i got problems when i try to delete post of the users it give me these error

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then i desactivated the plugin and i can delete the post how i can fix it?

ForceHSS 14 Nov 2011 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxicroma (Post 2267790)
i install it but i got problems when i try to delete post of the users it give me these error

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then i desactivated the plugin and i can delete the post how i can fix it?

looking at the path foro/includes it should say forum/includes you sure you have the files installed in the right path


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.