vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328133

ChrisTERiS 14 Jul 2020 19:09

1 Attachment(s)
Good or Bad, this is what I was able to do in profile page, spending my whole day. Just header and sidebar. Main section tomorrow.

ChrisTERiS 15 Jul 2020 08:36

1 Attachment(s)
Don't remember if vB4 supports user status message, but I added a simple one. Easy to add/update it in user panel, and appears to Modal Profile. I'll also add it to profile page.

Emad ELsayed 15 Jul 2020 13:10

I think these modifications are very appropriate in the initial releases
And the next is definitely the best
Thank you so much

ChrisTERiS 15 Jul 2020 19:48

1 Attachment(s)
And here is WGO, something that I forgot from Forum home. Without fancy colors and icons.

ChrisTERiS 20 Jul 2020 09:48

Now, I really need your help for testing purposes. It was so frustrated, when I realized yesterday that, after spending a full day working on Calendar, Albums, and Groups, I've forgot to change the links to member profile, to open the modal window, instead to redirect to full profile page.

That's why I'm kindling asking you to register in my site and try as most as you can the sections. What I want you to test are:
  1. If the design is responsive
  2. If the member link open the modal window instead to redirect to the profile page.
  3. If a page has a sidebar, if the sidebar opens in the side panel.
  4. Any other design mess.
I've started a forum "Testing ProjectvB4" which has prefixes for the above 4 options. This way you'll help me to speed up the realize.

Please note that currently I've install the Forum only version, so you'll not see any CMS or Blog page.

https://www.projectvb4.com/

Thank you
Chris

cdoyle 20 Jul 2020 17:00

This looks like a great project you have going. Really looking forward to seeing it be developed.
I've always liked VB4, so it's nice to see that VB4 might get a new life with a new look.

ChrisTERiS 20 Jul 2020 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2603565)
This looks like a great project you have going. Really looking forward to seeing it be developed.
I've always liked VB4, so it's nice to see that VB4 might get a new life with a new look.

Should have a new life, I'm sure for it. Especially if IB gives me the permission to modify core files to keep PHP compatibility. Actually I'm thinking to give them the full project to include it as default theme (with all extra features), if they accept to put it back to life.

x iJailBreak x 22 Jul 2020 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTERiS (Post 2603566)
Should have a new life, I'm sure for it. Especially if IB gives me the permission to modify core files to keep PHP compatibility. Actually I'm thinking to give them the full project to include it as default theme (with all extra features), if they accept to put it back to life.

I doubt they'll give you permission, even if vB4 is EOL (and has been for quite some time). And I definitely would not hand the project over to them.

I run a vB4 forum at the moment with a whole bunch of code changes and updated features and I wouldn't dream of handing the source over to IB.

mako1590 26 Jul 2020 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by x iJailBreak x (Post 2603571)
I doubt they'll give you permission, even if vB4 is EOL (and has been for quite some time). And I definitely would not hand the project over to them.

I run a vB4 forum at the moment with a whole bunch of code changes and updated features and I wouldn't dream of handing the source over to IB.

Would you thinking about publish your version to the public ?

ChrisTERiS 26 Jul 2020 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako1590 (Post 2603600)

...Wrong post :) ...

x iJailBreak x 27 Jul 2020 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako1590 (Post 2603600)

Wouldn't be possible without breaching several laws, unfortunately. I'd write a guide but there was more extensive things I added like using filp/whoops for error pages instead of the built-in vB error handler, and it would take forever to filter things like that out.

In Omnibus 28 Jul 2020 11:52

New licenses can't even download vBulletin 4.x

So, you're either doing all this for existing customers who refuse to move on ...

or you're wasting your time.

ChrisTERiS 28 Jul 2020 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by In Omnibus (Post 2603614)

This is an advantage, not disadvantage. No updates means no extra work to adjust my code with any new release.
Quote:

So, you're either doing all this for existing customers who refuse to move on ...

Even if there are some of them, I mainly do it for my own use and pleasure.
Quote:

Be sure that I'm not wasting my time :) There are thousands left alone in the ship. Even for vB3. Do you know how many new Admins started a forum with vBulletin latelly? When they can find a license for less than $50, why not give a try?

x iJailBreak x 29 Jul 2020 20:51

Quote:

In fairness, I think people are more likely to want to stick with vB4 than upgrade and move over to the absolute mess that is vB5.

In Omnibus 30 Jul 2020 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by x iJailBreak x (Post 2603631)
In fairness, I think people are more likely to want to stick with vB4 than upgrade and move over to the absolute mess that is vB5.

vB5 is not "a mess" but you would have to be using it to know that.