vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192344

Moderation Auto-PM v3.0.1
by Delphiprogrammi
30 Sep 2008 20:19

5 Attachment(s)
hi Folks,

This is a port of this for vBulletin 3.0.3 (long time ago)

I ported it to vBulletin 3.5.4 with the permission of the original author here

i see user requested it for vBulletin 3.7.3 here

so this hack does
  • send a pm to the threadstarter upon moderation actions
  • The pm content is completely phrased to allow easy translation for people not running an english board
  • the pm automatically comes from the moderator who actually performes the moderation(if you leave the setting forthis blank)
  • no pm when a user edits / deleted his own threads / posts
  • support for the inlinemod system
this hack does not
  • send an email instead of a pm
  • split thread / posts not supported
Installation:

upload all *.php files to /includes
import the product xml (set allow overwrite to yes if you are updating from a previous version) There are three setting groups look under vbulletin options -> modpm_*

that's it

Blackhat 30 Sep 2008 20:32

This is good stuff. You should try make it possible so the mod who is moderating is also the sender :up:

Keyser Söze 30 Sep 2008 23:22

are u going to later code support for those things not supported?

good hack been using it since vb3.x

Delphiprogrammi 01 Oct 2008 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1634250)
are u going to later code support for those things not supported?

good hack been using it since vb3.x

Well an email instead of a pm that should not be a problem but ....

split threads = this is a good place for possible errors because the user who's posts are getting splitted might not be the original threadstarter i don't know if you can get around this

inlinemod = well you do not want to send 100's of pm's (or emails for that matter) at once do you ? your host will be yelling at you !

Delphiprogrammi 01 Oct 2008 08:15

hi,

Email instead of pm option is added (but not uploaded yet) i'm testing this.It's a switch in the admincp if you have users on your board yelling at you they hate private messages :D

logicuk 01 Oct 2008 08:45

Looking forward to this addon which should be included in vb by default

Keyser Söze 01 Oct 2008 15:41

question, if i delete a post in a thread, just that post not the thread itself, shouldnt the person get an auto PM?

Delphiprogrammi 01 Oct 2008 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1634721)
question, if i delete a post in a thread, just that post not the thread itself, shouldnt the person get an auto PM?

yes it should depending on the settings you have i will check right now on my testboard

edit

it is indeed not sending anything if you edit a post within a thread (go advanced and choose delete there) hmmmz that is not what i wanted naughty vBulletin

Delphiprogrammi 01 Oct 2008 16:37

hi,

Fixed in cvs as they say it is sending the message now when deleting a post but i want to perform some more tests before i upload an update also i added the reason field for example if a moderator typed "please do not spam" the pmed / emailed user will see that there one downside to that that field (reason) is not defined everywhere only on editpost and deletepost so sometimes it is empty i don't know of a way to hide in this case yet

Keyser Söze 01 Oct 2008 20:43

wouldnt it be something like <if=!""> code code code </if>

Delphiprogrammi 01 Oct 2008 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1634963)
wouldnt it be something like <if=!""> code code code </if>

no that is template code that will not work within the textarea where the modpmtext is defined

R-D 01 Oct 2008 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi (Post 1635010)
no that is template code that will not work within the textarea where the modpmtext is defined

You can probably use empty() or even isset(). If you don't know what the difference is, there's a comparison on the empty() link.

wwolf27 02 Oct 2008 02:19

does anyone know where I can find out how to get a thread to post automatically for a certain number post count (100 posts...500 posts...1000 posts) I have looked but I guess I am not doing that right, hence my post.

Shaheen 02 Oct 2008 02:44

Cool Work . Thanks

Keyser Söze 02 Oct 2008 09:45

just a little pointless feedback here but this is a good mod but the title sucks, i think a better one would be like this

Moderation Auto-PM v1.01