vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259340

Innovative Google Analytics - Asynchronous Version
by TheLastSuperman
23 Feb 2011 21:29

3 Attachment(s)
This modification automatically adds in your Google Analytics Code (Asynch version) to your forum just before the </head> tag. You enable the modification and set the UA-######-# and that's it!

Please Note: This is the asynchronous version of the google analytics code. It can still be used HOWEVER there is a newer "Universal Analytics" code - this mod does not utilize the new code only the asynch code. Our newer Anayltics mod utilizes the i,s,o,g,r,a,m universal code and can be found here.

What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by Google.com
Analytics provides easy to use APIs and SDKs to send data to Google Analytics.

With the collection APIs and SDKs, you can measure how users interact with your content and marketing initiatives. Once implemented, you will be able to view user-interaction data within Google Analytics or through the Reporting APIs.

*This modification is auto-template therefor if enabled the asynch google code will always be there, no need for manual template edits in one or multiple styles as it's handled automatically via a plugin and rendered in all styles!

This modification is similar to BBR's recently retired Google Analytics Modification however it's based on the new asynchronous version of the tracking code and the modification was not too complex so it was easy enough to replicate from scratch using the documentation provided by Google for the new asynchronous version.

Installation:
  • Import the product.
  • AdminCP > Settings > Options > Google Analytics
  • Enable the modification and enter in your UA-######-# account ID number and select other options.
  • Enjoy!

Why are there three versions of this available for download?
  1. product-innovative_google_analytics.xml is the default google analytics code without additional _gaq.push settings. This is perfect for newcomers associating themselves with Google Analytics for the first time.
  2. product-innovative_google_analytics_v2.xml is the default code with option to enable multiple domain tracking. This is perfect for those using multiple domains.
  3. product-innovative_google_analytics_v3.xml is the default code with options to enable multiple domain tracking, disable campaign tracking, and split snippets regarding the code placement. This is the most robust version of the mod available, all additional options can be enabled/disabled in admincp options.

*Version 3 is the most up to date, features cleaned up code using one push instance instead of multiple and contains all features of its two predecessors.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Google Analytics

You can reference the new code here:
Async Tracking

The Async guide:
Async Guide

Please remove ALL older Google Analytic code and/or modifications before using (if you're installing the new version of this mod _v2 listed below simply choose to overwrite the modification). You can view Google's instructions here with information as to why you should not use two codes as well:
Async Migration Examples

More information for reference:
Async Split Snippets

______________________________________

Multiple Domain Tracking

Tracking Multiple Domains or using subdomains? Install the version product-innovative_google_analytics_v2.xml instead ;).
Reference:
Tracking Multiple Domains

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Google Analytics > Subdomain Name
Example: .vbulletin.org

*Don't forget to setup filters either pre-defined or custom to differentiate between the different subdomains!
Reference: Eric Mobley Explains Filters

Why is this important?
Hufted explains it here: Why this change is important

Please note: When updating from the normal version to the new _subdomains version it may take upwards of 24hrs before new information is displayed. Please view this page for additional information: Troubleshooting Tracking Issues

You can change the date range in "reports" to "today" to see if it displays new information after updating the modification before it has been 24hrs.
______________________________________

If you like the modification please MARK AS INSTALLED.
*You can note on the top right of the mod description in the side menu, your "Installed" or "Uninstalled" status indicator.


TheLastSuperman 23 Feb 2011 21:34

Reserved.

Dr.osamA 24 Feb 2011 11:11

5 stars
installed

Edit: removed XML file as coder like

gamerzhut 24 Feb 2011 16:21

Installed & voted *****

TheLastSuperman 24 Feb 2011 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 2166202)
5 stars
installed

translated to Arabic

plzz be nice and add xml file to 1st post

I appreciate the conversion however you've added code to the modification and branded it from what I can tell, remove that and I'll place it in the first post plus give credit.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

OR you can add a link to your profile here on vb.org in the description as you have already noted so in the title i.e.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I'll go for something like that but all that extra code seems to be a waste of space imo :(.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenbay (Post 2166330)
Installed & voted *****

Thanks!

sivaganeshk 24 Feb 2011 17:00

you are great !! SuperMan

TheLastSuperman 24 Feb 2011 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivaganeshk (Post 2166353)
you are great !! SuperMan

Well thanks :D - I do try :o :cool:

Viddek 24 Feb 2011 17:43

I don't understand for what the modification does? Perhaps you can explain it more. The describtion of BBR was deleted.

TheLastSuperman 24 Feb 2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viddek (Post 2166373)
I don't understand for what the modification does? Perhaps you can explain it more. The describtion of BBR was deleted.

This modification automatically adds in your Google Analytics Code (Asynch version) to your forum just before the </head> tag. You enable the modification then set the UA-######-# and that's it!

*This modification is auto-template therefor if enabled the asynch google code will always be there, no need for manual template edits in one or multiple styles as it's handled automatically via a plugin and rendered in all styles!

*Updated in modification description ;).

Dr.osamA 06 Mar 2011 12:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman (Post 2166351)
I appreciate the conversion however you've added code to the modification and branded it from what I can tell, remove that and I'll place it in the first post plus give credit.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

OR you can add a link to your profile here on vb.org in the description as you have already noted so in the title i.e.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I'll go for something like that but all that extra code seems to be a waste of space imo :(.



Thanks!

sorry man

dont add it no problem
Do not bother yourself with this
These codes mean the rights of translation for arabic member and for connect me when it is necessary
i can remove hol file if it bother you bro ... dont worry

add image for explntion this showing only in ACP
note:I do not remember I translated another your MOD ... and it seems I will not this again
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...5&postcount=42

Crotan 07 Mar 2011 17:20

Tagged for later use. Still using the BRR version with the modification to change it to head and not body. Still working, not sure why the coder jumped ship.

BRR has the option for Asynch and standard. Will switch to yours if it ever breaks. Thanks for picking this up!

TheLastSuperman 08 Mar 2011 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 2170112)
sorry man

dont add it no problem
Do not bother yourself with this
These codes mean the rights of translation for arabic member and for connect me when it is necessary
i can remove hol file if it bother you bro ... dont worry

add image for explntion this showing only in ACP
note:I do not remember I translated another your MOD ... and it seems I will not this again
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...5&postcount=42

Well think about it... why add that when they see your name as the one who translated, it would be listed in the credits and you could even rename the product file yourself I mean anything but adding in more code ;).

The other thread, I asked the same question as I noticed you did the same thing, check the other versions in Spanish and other in that thread... did those coders add in more code? - No, suffice to say imo it's simply not needed, follow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crotan (Post 2170597)
Tagged for later use. Still using the BRR version with the modification to change it to head and not body. Still working, not sure why the coder jumped ship.

BRR has the option for Asynch and standard. Will switch to yours if it ever breaks. Thanks for picking this up!

I hated to see that, will miss BBR-APBT on here but sometimes people justify their actions when others do not so to each their own I suppose :(. I'll see about modifying so users can use normal or asynch versions however I'm not sure what was in the most recent version of BBR's mod as it was removed and the only reason I re-released it per say is so others would not miss out. Of course it was not marked as re-usable code however you can't copyright adding Google Analytics to a forum via a simple plugin method so touche' :cool:.

Dr.osamA 08 Mar 2011 23:34

Quote:

Well think about it... why add that when they see your name as the one who translated, it would be listed in the credits and you could even rename the product file yourself I mean anything but adding in more code .

The other thread, I asked the same question as I noticed you did the same thing, check the other versions in Spanish and other in that thread... did those coders add in more code? - No, suffice to say imo it's simply not needed, follow?
hi man
I do not know what bother you
I promise you I will not touch any your MOD in next time
I anserd you in other thread
so i remove my XML file here
I apologize but plzzz dont worry abut other thread and coders

thank you

TheLastSuperman 11 Mar 2011 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 2171126)
hi man
I do not know what bother you
I promise you I will not touch any your MOD in next time
I anserd you in other thread
so i remove my XML file here
I apologize but plzzz dont worry abut other thread and coders

thank you

Hmm language differences here are making it hard for me to get the point across...

"In my opinion, since other coders who provide free translations for mods DO NOT add in extra code, it's my opinion that you should not either."

That's all I meant and tried to explain I would place the translation in the first post if you removed all the extra code, one extra line in the description is all that's required and I feel in a sense that you have done this in the past, others may not have checked to see how you modified, I however check it all before placing it under my name but enough of this it was simply a observation that I felt should have been observed however again, our language differences prevented me from getting the point across.

*Please ask a friend to translate so you understand where I'm coming from ;).

Sincerely,

Michael Miller

Zachery 11 Mar 2011 22:01

I am normally agasint addons that preform nothing but template edits, but you have at least one point (having to add it to multiple styles).

I normally get away with this by just using a personal master style for template edits.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.