vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244291

Steam IM Card v4.x (now with Steam Profile Tab)
by bananalive
09 Jun 2010 20:08

7 Attachment(s)
This adds the ability of having for each user of your board to enter their Steam ID like the MSN, ICQ, AOL, Yahoo and Skype Messenger contact cards.

Users can enter their steam id in the following forms:This hack also integrates itself into the AdminCP User editor and the User Control Panel when its enabled.

A profile tab with the steam profile information is also implemented. (optional - can be disabled)

Permission granted for port of this hack to vB v3.8 (and now to vB 4.x). Originally developed by Kalle Sommer Nielsen (c) 2007

Installation
  1. upload im_steam.gif to images/misc/
  2. import product

bananalive 09 Jun 2010 20:13

Version History

v4.0.2
- Different handling for community pages
- Added steam profile tab with option to turn on/off

v4.0.1
- Fixed issue of icons not displaying on Who's Online or Memberlist

v4.0.0
- Initial vB v4 port

bananalive 09 Jun 2010 20:14

reserved post #2

Skyrider 10 Jun 2010 07:51

Thanks, works great! :D

cortinator 11 Jun 2010 05:57

Trying to test this on my board, but it doesn't seem to work. When I try inputting my steam ID and I click on save, it won't save. It will remain blank. Some things to note: I have CSS saved as files and I use vB Supercharged.

Skyrider 11 Jun 2010 12:51

Bananalive, the steam icon won't show in: xxxxxx/online.php

bananalive 11 Jun 2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider (Post 2051987)
Bananalive, the steam icon won't show in: xxxxxx/online.php

Fixed in v4.0.1

bananalive 11 Jun 2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortinator (Post 2051844)
Trying to test this on my board, but it doesn't seem to work. When I try inputting my steam ID and I click on save, it won't save. It will remain blank. Some things to note: I have CSS saved as files and I use vB Supercharged.

What format are you entering it in?

Skyrider 11 Jun 2010 16:25

Thanks Bananalive! :)

Theater 11 Jun 2010 17:05

Not saving for me either. No matter what I put in that field it comes back blank.

cortinator 11 Jun 2010 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theater (Post 2052078)
Not saving for me either. No matter what I put in that field it comes back blank.

Pretty much my problem. I tried entering all formats and it doesn't seem to register. I also tried editing it through the AdminCP and that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Skyrider 12 Jun 2010 12:47

You guys are not using profile names, are you? Example:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skyrider

^ That won't work. It needs to be either the SteamID or the number ID of your profile.

flussmitteldj 12 Jun 2010 16:19

Thanks for the nice addon :)

bananalive 12 Jun 2010 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortinator (Post 2052142)
Pretty much my problem. I tried entering all formats and it doesn't seem to register. I also tried editing it through the AdminCP and that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider (Post 2052464)
You guys are not using profile names, are you? Example:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skyrider

^ That won't work. It needs to be either the SteamID or the number ID of your profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theater (Post 2052078)

I've changed the handler for community urls. So if you have enabled Enable Access to Steam Community you could input http://steamcommunity.com/id/*** and it now works out your steamid.

cortinator 13 Jun 2010 07:34

Ah, that last update did the trick. Now it works flawlessly. Excellent mod!