vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192344

princeedward 03 Oct 2008 17:05

thanks....this is definitely nice and useful mod...but...i guess it's not workin properly yet... like the reasons is not workin good after merging or moving post/thread...and find also the grammar failure here...

The post is located at this URL here

post whas edited because :

=============================================
Edited: For My Version!
=============================================

Hi $username,

This message is to advise that your $type titled "$threadinfo" has been $action by $modby.

$type Location:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

$type $action Reason:

===================================

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

===================================

If you have any questions, you can ask any staff or administrator for further assistance.

Sincerely,
The $bbtitle Staff.

===============================================

Note:

The only thing is merging, moving, stuck/unstuck closed/opening thread or post has no chance to add reason at all...so the $reason is also appear there...and it looks not good at all... :(

i hope you can make it work some of this and also to all staff...at the same time...means an option that all staff can use this mod... using usergroup id

User Who Sends Automatic PM on Moderation
Enter the usergroup ID of the person whose account you'd like to be used when sending Auto Moderation PMs >>> 6,7,5

thanks and best regards for your work....appreciate it...

;)

Delphiprogrammi 03 Oct 2008 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by princeedward (Post 1636560)
User Who Sends Automatic PM on Moderation
Enter the usergroup ID of the person whose account you'd like to be used when sending Auto Moderation PMs >>> 6,7,5
thanks and best regards for your work....appreciate it...
;)

you mean usergroups (6,7,5) this will not work you can enter only one (userid) there

Keyser Söze 04 Oct 2008 01:04

what about if u want the PM sent from whoever did the mod, i mean frankly i dont want ppl msging me cuz a mod closed some thread i never even knew exsisted, that would be very ineficciant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1636494)
seems like since i installed this, if i or anyone else, even the posts owner try to edit a post

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.3:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT username,userid FROM user WHERE userid=;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Friday, October 3rd 2008 @ 11:32:20 AM
Error Date : Friday, October 3rd 2008 @ 11:32:20 AM
Script :
Referrer :
IP Address :
Username : Ice
Classname : vb_database
MySQL Version : 4.1.22-standard

confirmed this hack is causing this error, can anyone explain why and how to fix

thanks

pnosko31 04 Oct 2008 01:10

I never got that error but are you using a prefix? if so it is missing in front of user

Delphiprogrammi 04 Oct 2008 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnosko31 (Post 1636849)
I never got that error but are you using a prefix? if so it is missing in front of user

i do use "TABLE_PREFIX" this error might be caused by an empty user who sends the pm i don't get the error

Max Paint 04 Oct 2008 12:09

I love this mod!

By the way: There should be NO PM/email, if you edit/delete/etc. your OWN Postings or Topics.

Greetings,
Lars

Delphiprogrammi 04 Oct 2008 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1636844)
what about if u want the PM sent from whoever did the mod, i mean frankly i dont want ppl msging me cuz a mod closed some thread i never even knew exsisted, that would be very ineficciant

confirmed this hack is causing this error, can anyone explain why and how to fix

thanks

to make the pm come from the moderator who actually did the action that would only require a small code change

Delphiprogrammi 04 Oct 2008 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Paint (Post 1637077)
I love this mod!

By the way: There should be NO PM/email, if you edit/delete/etc. your OWN Postings or Topics.

Greetings,
Lars

yes that woul be the most logical since you are doing it yourself i will try to get that out

Max Paint 04 Oct 2008 12:33

And a second wish: Could you eliminate the hardcoded terms like "deleted", "moved", "topic" and so on and convert it to phrases? I have a german board and that would make it easier for everyone, who hasn't an english board :) (PLEEEAAASE :) )

Delphiprogrammi 04 Oct 2008 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Paint (Post 1637088)
And a second wish: Could you eliminate the hardcoded terms like "deleted", "moved", "topic" and so on and convert it to phrases? I have a german board and that would make it easier for everyone, who hasn't an english board :) (PLEEEAAASE :) )

i'm afraid this is not possible at least not by me phrases relay on a template where you put the "<phrase>" tag this does not use a template i will try through

by the way folks no pm / email when deleting a thread / post are you sure ?

Keyser Söze 04 Oct 2008 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi (Post 1637078)
to make the pm come from the moderator who actually did the action that would only require a small code change

does that mean it will be in 1.0.3?

i honestly think most any admin is going to want it that way

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Paint (Post 1637077)
I love this mod!

Greetings,
Lars

very very true

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnosko31 (Post 1636849)

i dont know what ur asking, i did not make any changes i just installed as it reads

pnosko31 04 Oct 2008 15:18

Delphiprogrammi

want a copy of this mod for some ideas? i just found it and i am going to test it out.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115677 (can't get it here anymore)

mind you if it works still i won't need yours as this has everything i want lol

EDIT: THAT ONE WORKS GREAT :)

Delphiprogrammi 04 Oct 2008 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnosko31 (Post 1637170)
Delphiprogrammi

want a copy of this mod for some ideas? i just found it and i am going to test it out.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115677 (can't get it here anymore)

mind you if it works still i won't need yours as this has everything i want lol

EDIT: THAT ONE WORKS GREAT :)

carefull here modification Graveyard usually means a security problem .... i cannot download it anymore otherwise i would look :D

Keyser Söze 04 Oct 2008 22:47

it is in the graveyard due to a security hole but another user, FRDS, is or was fixing it, i may see if he finished as this one seems to have too many limitations and problems

Carly 05 Oct 2008 03:14

Would love to see this working properly. I'll be keeping my eye out.

1. A deleted post, even with a reason typed, is shows just the text $reason instead of the field input.

2. On a moved thread, the URL doesn't show up in the PM.

That's as far as I got in testing it and those two things are important to me.

If I had a wishlist, it would be that this was an option with a box to tick so a Moderator could choose whether or not the PM was sent (for duplicate posts and a user's own posts, it is unnecessary)