vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236970

dirk2103 31 Jul 2011 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele955848 (Post 2227125)
Super Teil - Danke
Leider spielt es den Sound nicht ab (Firefox??)

du brauchst das quick time player plugin

souzadc 31 Jul 2011 23:28

Man,

Friends good night, did all the installation went straight and I saw a fix for version 4.1.5 but after installing the CHAT appears neither to visitors, or for not logged in with administrator to the same.

What may be happening?

DragonByte Tech 01 Aug 2011 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eyes (Post 2227074)
Where are the group settings now? I can't find them in vBulletin Options? Help!

Instance Management.

You may need to add yourself to the Super Administrators config.php variable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakabanana (Post 2227238)
Hi, I got this "No input file specified." after importing xml. All the menu in DBTech admincp also give me that error. However, the shoubox is showing and working. :o

Kindly help, thanks!

site is http://www.redhawkscans.com/forum.php

That's a vBulletin message, not anything I can do anything with :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-diddly (Post 2227284)
Hi

I've installed on Vbulletin 4.1.3, and administrators can see and post in the shoutbox. Moderators can as well. Registered users can not. Some can see it before they login, but it disappears after they login. Some can See it after they login, but it sticks on "loading." Some can see it but not post.

I think it is a permissions issue, but I really can't find where that permission toggle is...

Help?

Try setting the permissions in the Instance Management. You can also try re-downloading and re-uploading :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by souzadc (Post 2227409)
Man,

Friends good night, did all the installation went straight and I saw a fix for version 4.1.5 but after installing the CHAT appears neither to visitors, or for not logged in with administrator to the same.

What may be happening?

Try re-downloading and re-uploading :)

Fillip

Scan Cape Cod 01 Aug 2011 15:17

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I've installed this on my test vBulletin platform (4.1.5). I am unfortunately showing two instances of the shoutbox. The top one works as normal. The one below it shows "loading" but does nothing else. Obviously I don't need it there. Can you advise as to what I'm doing wrong? This is occurring immediately after installation.

DragonByte Tech 01 Aug 2011 15:26

Try disabling the "Global Initialisation #2" plugin and see if that helps.

Fillip

Scan Cape Cod 01 Aug 2011 15:51

Nice call. That did it. Will that have any adverse effects on anything else, given that it's "global"? :)

Thanks Fillip.

Edit: Whoops, should have looked before I asked the question. I see that's pertinent to your product only. Thanks again.

mjfan227 01 Aug 2011 23:03

I have version 4.1.5. On the instructions it says CHMOD the /dbtech/vbshout/aop folder to 0777. Where is 0777?

Edit: A little google goes a long way. I found out what it meant. :D

DragonByte Tech 01 Aug 2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfan227 (Post 2227903)
I have version 4.1.5. On the instructions it says CHMOD the /dbtech/vbshout/aop folder to 0777. Where is 0777?

In the FTP program: right click the folder -> Properties.

Fillip

mjfan227 01 Aug 2011 23:52

Thank you another question. Where should I upload the files that are in dbtech > vb shout > actions folder? And dbtech > vbshout > hooks? I don't know where the correct location would be. Thank you again.

westy543 02 Aug 2011 00:13

Can someone please help me with this step?

"2. CHMOD the /dbtech/vbshout/aop folder to 0777"

I have version 4.1.4

Edit: This is the error I get when I try to upload xml. "XML Error: Invalid character at Line 222"

SᴩiDᴇЯ 02 Aug 2011 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek (Post 1992342)
One thing I noticed (from your site) that I'd like to see changed is so that all shout text is aligned with each other. So it's basically in a straight clean column.

You mean like this? http://screensnapr.com/v/9jWUfj.png
Contact me if you want info.

mjfan227 02 Aug 2011 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfan227 (Post 2227915)
Thank you another question. Where should I upload the files that are in dbtech > vb shout > actions folder? And dbtech > vbshout > hooks? I don't know where the correct location would be. Thank you again.

Please help I don't know where to upload the files correctly. I am a beginner, thank you.

SᴩiDᴇЯ 02 Aug 2011 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfan227 (Post 2227951)
Please help I don't know where to upload the files correctly. I am a beginner, thank you.

Just open your upload folder and use your FTP to copy all contents inside your upload folder to your root dir (public_html)

mjfan227 02 Aug 2011 02:08

And then once it is on my root directory, I have to move files right? For example the contents of the admincp file of the upload folder should be moved into the admincp file of the forum files? If that is so, where do these files from the upload folder go?

dbtech > vb shout > actions
dbtech > vbshout > hooks

Thank you for your response.

SᴩiDᴇЯ 02 Aug 2011 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfan227 (Post 2227964)
And then once it is on my root directory, I have to move files right? For example the contents of the admincp file of the upload folder should be moved into the admincp file of the forum files? If that is so, where do these files from the upload folder go?

dbtech > vb shout > actions
dbtech > vbshout > hooks

Thank you for your response.

All go in the root dir (public_html) so your dir would be:
public_html>dbtech>vbshout>actions
public_html>dbtech>vbshout>clientscript
public_html>dbtech>vbshout>hooks
public_html>dbtech>vbshout>includes

I hope this helps?