vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

henrique araujo 22 Nov 2012 14:51

i use in my forum here in Brazil, working perfectly, now I'm just setting so that users do not block the truth.
I took the liberty of translating the warning to all User comes to what happens.

diddy29 23 Nov 2012 12:09

We installed this mod a few weeks ago, and it's effectively catching a lot and preventing some spammer registrations, but it's allowing some to get through as well. We have our key from SFS installed, and reports are sent to them, but some spammers with lengthy records on SFS are still able to register.

Here's an example of an IP - 222.77.229.204. It has a laundry list of reports on SFS dating back to last June, and he was permitted to register 4 days ago. Why wouldn't SOM prevent him from registering? We've had other similar oversights as well.

Great mod, BTW! But it seems like it's not entirely effective. Thank you!

ForceHSS 23 Nov 2012 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by diddy29 (Post 2384141)
We installed this mod a few weeks ago, and it's effectively catching a lot and preventing some spammer registrations, but it's allowing some to get through as well. We have our key from SFS installed, and reports are sent to them, but some spammers with lengthy records on SFS are still able to register.

Here's an example of an IP - 222.77.229.204. It has a laundry list of reports on SFS dating back to last June, and he was permitted to register 4 days ago. Why wouldn't SOM prevent him from registering? We've had other similar oversights as well.

Great mod, BTW! But it seems like it's not entirely effective. Thank you!

install this as well http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=289463 it goes well with it set it to 20 secs in the settings when you have it installed

rharbison 23 Nov 2012 16:36

Web Hosting footer link shows up twice

I've installed this, and it's really working well.

I do have one problem though. There's a "web hosting" link that shows up in the footer now. It goes to Glowhost, so I guess that's the "fee" for using this mod. OK, that's fine, but it's showing up twice! How do I fix that?

Here's the page: http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/forum.php

ForceHSS 23 Nov 2012 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by rharbison (Post 2384253)
Web Hosting footer link shows up twice

I've installed this, and it's really working well.

I do have one problem though. There's a "web hosting" link that shows up in the footer now. It goes to Glowhost, so I guess that's the "fee" for using this mod. OK, that's fine, but it's showing up twice! How do I fix that?

Here's the page: http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/forum.php

Affiliate System: Link text = leave blank
Credits: Give Thanks = no

rharbison 23 Nov 2012 17:05

Wow, that was quick! Accurate too, of course.

Thank you.

vBBurger 24 Nov 2012 10:59

Your tool has another bug. Though based on your reaction to previous bug reports Im not sure why Im posting this.

If users are restricted from posting links in their messages (until they reach a certain post count) so as to block spammers .... your tool also blocks their post if they put images in them.

This is a bug.

Your tool should differentiate between a text link and any other random BBCODE that is used to do other functions like display a photo.

Users who post pictures in their first messages are being blocked and everyone is getting upset about it, for good reason. We only want to block what we told Spam O Matic to block: URLS ... .

Please fix this bug.

Greeksgal 25 Nov 2012 03:17

Database error when importing xml. Any ideas?

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `******glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064

ForceHSS 25 Nov 2012 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeksgal (Post 2384775)
Database error when importing xml. Any ideas?

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `******glowhostspamomatic_log`(
`date` DATETIME NOT NULL,
`ip` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
`email` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`username` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`message` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
`is_blocked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT "0",
`user_hash` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
`user_id` INT NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 10
Error Number : 1064

read a page back for the fix

Manoel Júnior 25 Nov 2012 15:45

as allowing the user record that fell on that list?

TinCow1 25 Nov 2012 18:13

We recently upgraded to 4.2.0, and the Easy Cleanup tool no longer appears for moderators in the Moderation Tools dropdown. I've tried re-installing the plugin, but that does not fix it. Does anyone know how to restore this option?

ForceHSS 25 Nov 2012 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinCow1 (Post 2385006)
We recently upgraded to 4.2.0, and the Easy Cleanup tool no longer appears for moderators in the Moderation Tools dropdown. I've tried re-installing the plugin, but that does not fix it. Does anyone know how to restore this option?

Do you mean the Spam-O-Matic option

TinCow1 26 Nov 2012 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2385090)
Do you mean the Spam-O-Matic option

Yes

ForceHSS 26 Nov 2012 15:03

Have all the info filled in on the GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic options, admincp/Usergroups/Administrator Permissions edit permissions set all to yes, Set yourself to superadmin from the config, Check to make sure you have all this done

piliff 26 Nov 2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgmuranaka (Post 2375694)
I am getting the following error when I try to delete posts:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /path-to-my-www-home/forum/includes/class_core.php(4637) : eval()'d code on line 4

I haven't found a solution to fix this. Any ideas?

So, I have the same error, same line in class_core.php

It's really SOM error, do you have any solution to fix this?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.