vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=213988

microTRAVEL: a Tripadvisor like Travel Portal
by MaryTheG(r)eek
18 May 2009 17:00

9 Attachment(s)
Removed by the Author because:
  • For 7 mods, there are 1905 downloads but only 577 clicked installed.
  • For these 577 installs I got 4 donations for Brand Free. Make a simple search on the net using the product name and you'll find that 50% have illegally removed my copyright.
  • I found 3 vb.org style sites, offering for download my mods but after PAID SUBSCRIPTION, or DONATION
After all, I'll stop be the idiot on this market.

Maria
microTRAVEL
ver 1.0.0
by MicroHellas
http://www.vbelite.com
  • Don't underestimate it's value because it's Free. The only reason that I'm posting it for Free download is the lack of free time to support it commercially.
  • Even if it works fine as module, I strongly recommend to use a dedicated vBulletin installation for it. It comes with a unique template to use with.






1.- What's this?


You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to start your very own Tripadvisor®, Expedia®, or Travelocity® like Travel Portal. With microTRAVEL, you can have even more features than those. microTRAVEL is the ultimate solution for Travel Agents, Tour Operators and Travel Portals, to increase their direct sales. None other script has so many (and unique) features like this. Don't believe it? Give a try to the Online Demo.





2.- Popular Features
  • Powerfull Tours Search Form: Let your visitors search by Date period, City of Origin, Destination, Transfer type, Tour type, Accommodation, Max Price, Duration. They can also search for Featured, Editor choice, Popular or Tours in promotion!
  • Unlimited Depth of Categories: You can add as many levels of categories (destinations) as you like. Sophisticated 2 part menu. Upper block contains menu options for the active destination, while the other block contains links to subdestinations.
  • A Dozen of menu options per Destination: Overview (showing latests information from all other menu options). Browse Tours, Articles, Photos, Videos, Forums, Classifieds, Events, and finally Travelmates (a unique feature). Classifieds and Articles, list all related categories.
  • Add special usergroups (eg Touroperators, Hoteliers) and then setup paid subscriptions for upgrading to these usergroups to be able to post in Market place.
3.- Installation







The installation is pretty easy, has been checked many times for installing and uninstalling the product. Just follow these steps below:
  • Download and unzip the file microTRAVEL.zip
  • Open the folder vbulletin and select all files and subfolders inside it
  • Connect to your website and open the directory where is your vBulletin installation (usally forum, forums, portal etc).
  • Upload the selected files to your site. If you fellow the right way then the file travel.php must be on the same level as the index.php file of vBulletin.
  • Before any new installation is good to backup your database before, even if nobody is doing it (including me). At lease turn your site off
  • Check at your AdminCP->vBulletin Options->Plugin/Hook System that Plugin system is enabled.
  • From your AdminCP->Plugin System->Manage Products choose Add/Import Product and import the product: product-microrequests.xml
  • microTRAVEL has it's own style (template). From Styles&Templates-> Download/Upload styles import the file: microtravel-style.xml Please check to ignore template version.
4.- Configuration







As every vBulletin product, you need to make some initial configuration before it goes live.
  • Start with microTRAVEL Options and give special attention to choose microTRAVEL style (last option).
  • Go throught and setup ALL tables (eg Destinations, Origin etc).
  • Setup usergroup permissions.
5.- Template Modification




The module is using it's own templates, so it doesn't needs any template modification except if you want to add a link to the navbar. In this case you need to modify the NavBar template.


Open it and find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Add below:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.






6.- Copyright
  • You can modify the code as you like to meet your special needs, but you can't distribute these modifications for Free or Profit.
  • You can NOT distribute this module in any form
  • My copyright link must remain always visible.
  • As I've developed this module for my own use, it's normal to keep the legal right for exclusive use in Greece. So installation and use it in any .gr domain, or any domain, with any extention, operating in Greek language is prohibited.


Enjoy it
Maria

ArnyVee 19 May 2009 01:10

Wow, very interesting. This could have some 'business' potential. Thanks for sharing! :up:

Reycer 19 May 2009 01:37

no kidding thanks for this.

pzet 19 May 2009 07:30

Trying to install it.....
But when it comes to the styles/templates import I am getting the message that the mod has been developed for vb 3.8.1 and I am running 3.8.2

How to resolve this issue?
Thanks

MaryTheG(r)eek 19 May 2009 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzet (Post 1813309)
Trying to install it.....
But when it comes to the styles/templates import I am getting the message that the mod has been developed for vb 3.8.1 and I am running 3.8.2

How to resolve this issue?
Thanks

It's working fine with 3.8.2. Import the style with options:
- New Style
- Ignore version
- Empty name

Maria

zelnik 19 May 2009 08:20

This looks great Maria and as mention seems to have a great potential!

Having read the docs to it you say it has it's own style, would it still work if you did not install this style and would it adopt the current style you're using?

MaryTheG(r)eek 19 May 2009 08:32

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zelnik (Post 1813329)
This looks great Maria and as mention seems to have a great potential!

Having read the docs to it you say it has it's own style, would it still work if you did not install this style and would it adopt the current style you're using?

See the attachment and you'll understand why it needs this template. There is a left column which holds the active destination and all related menu option, as a way to keep the user in the right place for discussion.

I spent lot of time to build this template to avoid placing in troubles those who will use it for modifying templates. Sure you can use your own (or default) template especially if you don't plan to use the forums (I mean the travel forums).

If you want to use the forums and still using your own template (the mod will continue working find), then is better to open functions.php (microtravel/includes) and find at line 1902:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace it with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This way the forum will open in a new window, so the users can return where they're before just by closing the forum window.

Hope that it helps
Maria

nomoreturn 20 May 2009 11:42

Installed on 3.8.2 and working great thanks for such a nice mod .

GCSkye 21 May 2009 18:08

Would be nice to see it sell anything ;)

MaryTheG(r)eek 21 May 2009 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCSkye (Post 1814747)
Would be nice to see it sell anything ;)

At least for me is selling like crazy... and I don't mean as script. If you've experiance about Tourist Business, you can make money in a snap. Otherwise is useless.

Maria

Neptun 22 May 2009 19:53

i have a big problem with this mod ... i have tested it at my page and after importing the micro-travel.xml my whole style including the header and everything is killed ..... it changed the header to microtravel and changed all the colours ..... what can i do ?! what a shit :( - how can it get it working with the own template/style of microtravel and keeping my own special style at my page ?!

please help !

TNCclubman 23 May 2009 01:44

wow.

Major MOTM candidate. I'll bet it wins too...

MaryTheG(r)eek 23 May 2009 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptun (Post 1815377)
i have a big problem with this mod ... i have tested it at my page and after importing the micro-travel.xml my whole style including the header and everything is killed ..... it changed the header to microtravel and changed all the colours ..... what can i do ?! what a shit :( - how can it get it working with the own template/style of microtravel and keeping my own special style at my page ?!

please help !

Don't know a lot about styles, but what for sure I know is that I tested having 5 styles already installed and nothing messed up. Have you follow the instructions? Import style, Create new style as is by default, Ignore version, and title empty.

This style is needing as it adds a left column to show active destination menu.

Maria

lm3a.net 23 May 2009 09:01

woooooow

very cool

thank yooou

Reycer 25 May 2009 02:14

I've noticed something. No offense here. Seriously because I think that you are a very talented coder, however, I have been through a lot of your mods, and noticed that for some reason or another, you seem to get ticked off after a while and delete the mod. Is there a reason for that?

TNCclubman 25 May 2009 02:21

didnt get a chance to download it... I guess I'll search the net for it.

MaryTheG(r)eek 25 May 2009 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdelcour (Post 1816576)
I've noticed something. No offense here. Seriously because I think that you are a very talented coder, however, I have been through a lot of your mods, and noticed that for some reason or another, you seem to get ticked off after a while and delete the mod. Is there a reason for that?



There is no offense for anything that is saying straight. So, don't worry. There are many reason. It's a mix of (I'll start from my own habbits):
  • My Mediterrenean blond. Passionate and ready to argue with some "smarty" people. The avatar that I found latelly is 100% of me:-)
  • My age. Being 50 is not the best age for a woman.
And now I'll continue what makes me upset here:
  • Follow the posts in any of my mods. eg try with micromembers. Count how many times I've visited and register in sites, juts to check on my own the user's problem. In exchane many users are saying: "Why to waste my time registering to your (mine) site? Come and give support here".
  • Again in my posts, see and try to notice who is always one of the first posters, always pussing my nervous, while he never downloaded anything.
  • For most of my mods I'm always following the feedback by adding new features. eg for microSUPPORT in 10 days only, I've post 3 !! upgrades. Nobody asked: "Maria do you've time? Do you've other family or business obligations in your life?".
  • And of course, the copyright removal.
I don't like to write more. I'm too tired and disappointed. Thanks to God that I'm not doing this work for living. It's juts my hobby. And maybe this gives me the possibility to place my own rules. But seeing the problem deeply, I think (just my opinion) that the real problem comes from vBulletin.com. They let potential clients to believe that by buying vB, they'll find a wide area of free mods or coders/designers ready to do anything they like for free.

Maria

aztecboi2003 25 May 2009 04:59

You do a great job with all your mods. I haven't installed any yet as I'm waiting for microReviews and to see if microRequests gets updated. I appreciate all your hard work. I wish I knew how to code.

ragtek 25 May 2009 06:12

Again.

1. Why is it for you important how many users click "installed"?
2. We all can't do anything against the illegal downloads.
You wrote yourself that you like to code and it's a nice hobby etc, so do it, don't care off the illegal stuff.
If everybody would do it this way, they wouldn't be phtoshop, windows,vb,ibp,all the modifications for........

RWerksman 26 May 2009 20:21

This mod broke Different Domain, Different style FWIW. I've uninstalled it.

I concur with the above sentiments with this author - she tends to make good modifications, but doesn't have a track record of reliability. I have purchased from her in the past and also ended up abandoning her product for something I consider more stable.

YMMV however...

SCRIPT3R 26 May 2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicroHellas (Post 1813327)
Removed by the Author...

Seriously, did anyone expect anything different? Business as usual for MH :down:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.