vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327350

dknelson 28 Jul 2019 23:08

One more question. Hopefully the last for now. How do I get rid of the Captcha banner? I deleted it hide it but it still shows up. It adds text to the footer but doesn't get rid of the blue graphics at the bottom right of the forum.

BetoPho 29 Jul 2019 13:20

By default if you choose 'Yes' in the 'Hide reCaptcha badge', the badge will hide, but then the footer text will show due to Google policy on reCaptcha v3. Then you can manually remove the footer text by edit the 'btp_rcaptcha_notice' template.

The footer text is to ensure the site complies with Google policy as I've heard of them devalidating a site because of missing both the badge + footer text. You might hide both at your own risk.

dknelson 29 Jul 2019 15:52

I understand how it's supposed to work. What I'm saying though is that the captcha badge doesn't go away regardless of being checked to hide it or not. Hiding it DOES add the text to the footer, which I have no problem with. But the badge remains. That is what I want to get rid of.

Meister2017 29 Jul 2019 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknelson (Post 2600000)
Thanks. I have it installed but honestly don't know if it's doing anything or not. If it is supposed to stop spam registrations, it doesn't seem to help much. Will give it a few days.

This plugin does not prevent spam registration but only posting spambots.

CvP 08 Aug 2019 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoPho (Post 2599721)
Issues
  • Being locked out from logging into Admincp/Modcp
    This issue is fixed since v1.1.0.

Just installed by downloading from here. Got locked out :(

CvP 08 Aug 2019 04:29

In the login_failure/login_verify_success hook, you should use these variables instead of hardcoded admincp/modcp:

$config['Misc']['admincpdir']
$config['Misc']['modcpdir']

BetoPho 08 Aug 2019 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by CvP (Post 2600161)
In the login_failure/login_verify_success hook, you should use these variables instead of hardcoded admincp/modcp:

$config['Misc']['admincpdir']
$config['Misc']['modcpdir']

Thank you. I actually modified that already and will be included in the upcoming release :)

deadlyruler 17 Aug 2019 00:43

The latest version 1.1.0 locked me out of my administration panel with the error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND, expecting ')' in public_html/forum/includes/functions_login.php(203) : eval()'d code on line 1
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: public_html/forum/includes/functions_login.php(203) : eval()'d code
Line: 1

cm826 31 Aug 2019 22:47

Can you modify this plugin and make it to verify Private Message action instead of login? I understand the new functionality will become available in future iterations but I desperately need a captcha method to counter Private Message Spam

dknelson 22 Sep 2019 17:37

I had to remove this. It created a problem where people couldn't login to the site except at the upper right corner, nabber. Anytime there was as login page such as somebody trying to reset their password or whatever, it gave a username/passeword not recognized error.

JnGirard 25 Sep 2019 14:17

Hi Betopho,
- do you plan to release an upgrade version to get us replace the deprecated reCaptcha v1 of vbulletin4 ?
- if yes, will there be an option to just use it on, let say, register only, and not enable your native login protection feature ?

dennisuello 01 Oct 2019 15:00

I get an error

'input is null'

in

<script>
grecaptcha.ready(function() {
grecaptcha.execute("6Len8bMUAAAAAHw9MGP3IRwSY5xeWqb76uxjAiTi", {action: "login"}).then(function(token) {
let input = document.getElementById("btp_rcaptcha_input");
input.value = token;
});
});
</script>

Hostboard 24 Oct 2019 03:17

Very very interested in this being able to replace the now depreciated v1 across the board in VB.
Can you also add a protected user group option?

Grouper 02 Nov 2019 18:20

Is there an update to this plugin?

Hostboard 09 Nov 2019 15:06

Been getting hammered with registrations of late. Went ahead and installed. Locked out of ACP. Had to disable plugins, and disable this... To nandthis had promise... Willing to pay someone to fully develop it to where it replaces the entire now defunct captchya system