vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=258898

Saviour 01 Mar 2011 04:29

Also,

Now getting this error when trying to edit an entry:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Something I did wrong? Bug? Is there a fix?

Vossi 01 Mar 2011 06:25

That means, that you are using the 'ANSI_X3.4-1968'-charset and that this charset does not support the htmlentities function.

Just try to open 'class_dm_vbglossar_entry.php' and check line 377, outsource

by adding # at the beginning of the line.

You might find another part of the addon where this error appears; just do this again at the specific parts. That might fix this.

Saviour 01 Mar 2011 06:53

With the space included? This "might" fix this? Or will fix it?

Saviour 01 Mar 2011 07:09

Seems to be working...so far. Thanks.

Vossi 01 Mar 2011 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 2168116)
With the space included? This "might" fix this? Or will fix it?

It will ;)

Alp Ozdemir 01 Mar 2011 10:48

Vossi, when will you release new version of vbb-glossary? :)

Vossi 01 Mar 2011 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alp Ozdemir (Post 2168167)
Vossi, when will you release new version of vbb-glossary? :)

Why the hassle? ;)

Saviour 01 Mar 2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossi (Post 2163857)
Admincp -> vBulletin-GLossary -> Crosslinking -> Exclude crosslinks within the same entry

This doesn't seem to be working. When I set that condition to "Yes" and preview the post, it shows the same word cross-linked twice.

Saviour 01 Mar 2011 19:19

Vossi,

As you can see by visiting the following thread: http://www.glitchpcforums.com/forum/...g-the-Glossary

It appears the afore mentioned setting does not prevent the same word from being automatically parsed more than once.

Is this a bug? I'd like to know, please...because it would really be annoying if the same word within a post is parsed more than once.

Also, I had asked, previously, about words that are in the Glossary, but were used in threads/posts before the mod was implemented. How do we make sure these words are parsed, as well. It would seem only new threads/posts are parsed...and not older ones.

Thanks for taking a look.

clathrop 02 Mar 2011 01:59

Is there a particular reason that the links are being converted to this type of character encoding? When I hit view source the linked word (physically between the a tag) doesn't say "Widget Here" but instead shows the amp code or whatever the name for that is. While it displays fine my guess is that google would rather follow a text link than this.

Vossi 02 Mar 2011 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 2168283)
This doesn't seem to be working. When I set that condition to "Yes" and preview the post, it shows the same word cross-linked twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 2168331)
It appears the afore mentioned setting does not prevent the same word from being automatically parsed more than once.

Is this a bug? I'd like to know, please...because it would really be annoying if the same word within a post is parsed more than once.

In Preview of the entry or the entry view itself?
Quote:

Originally Posted by clathrop (Post 2168476)
Is there a particular reason that the links are being converted to this type of character encoding?

Yep, it has a reason as the display would screw up otherwise. ;)

Saviour 04 Mar 2011 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossi (Post 2168580)
In Preview of the entry or the entry view itself?

Yes...both. You did follow the link I provided (above) to see the same word "computer" being parsed more than once, correct?

way2xtreme 04 Mar 2011 22:21

Hi, is there a way to change the "Glossary" link in the navbar from relative linking to full url linking? I have custom pages and the link in my custom pages doesn't work properly.

Thanks,
w

example

to: mysite.com/vbglossar.php

Saviour 05 Mar 2011 11:01

Vossi...

Remember me? Any update?

Vossi 07 Mar 2011 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by way2xtreme (Post 2169617)
Hi, is there a way to change the "Glossary" link in the navbar from relative linking to full url linking? I have custom pages and the link in my custom pages doesn't work properly.

With the build-in function of vB or vBSEO?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 2169780)
Vossi...

Remember me? Any update?

I didnt find a bug, maybe you should check the settings again as it works fine for me.