vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203521

ArnyVee 10 Apr 2009 04:11

Thanks Theater! Worked perfectly! :up:

Well, I still am having issues with the vBAdvanced though. Gotta get some help there because the header or the navbar don't seem to be working like they are on all other pages. :confused:

ArnyVee 10 Apr 2009 11:59

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed that the "Who's Online" shows folks at an "unknown location" and showing as the link to the center_tile_blue.gif image for this mod.

Anyone noticed that as well? How do we fix that so that it shows correctly on the Who's Online page?

Habtopia 13 Apr 2009 19:37

I dont know if you like to see how your work is used but ill supply a link anyway

http://www.habtopia.co.uk/forum/

Thats how i used the menu you provided the only issue i have is the 1px margin on the left i dont know whats causing this at all :(

Many thanks

Also i put it in the header template so it shows on all pages

dekaybrown 15 Apr 2009 15:08

I just got done editing and installed this!

Way Fab mate!! BRILL!!!!

Works like a champ, Love it.

KUDOS & Cheers.

dealcafe 16 Apr 2009 02:01

I love love this. It was exactly what I was looking for. I really would like it to be where the nav bar is though and I have tried removing the existing <!-- nav buttons bar --> code etc and putting the code in there, which shows up but then the javascript is disabled it shows # instead. Is there a idiots version for how to do that?:erm:

dekaybrown 16 Apr 2009 05:18

I have a slight problem, the background does not show up, tried it on multiple URL, nothing.

Went to a CSS instructional site, followed all directions, nada.

theparentpack 16 Apr 2009 09:26

Looks like I removed too much. That fixed it, thanks so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theater (Post 1787751)
The navbar template contains more than just the navigational links. If you wipe it completely out you're also removing the Notice condition and more; like the Ad Location call for the ad_navbar_below template for example.

You'll need to use some basic coding search skills to see where what you want to remove begins and where it ends. For example if you just want to take off the bar below the breadcrumb navigation and login/member box, you would look at the template code and find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

then search down and find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

..and snip out everything between.

I would recommend reverting your navbar template back to default. Copy the code to Notepad so you can have a better view of the whole template, snip out carefully what you don't want, and paste in what's left into the template in the AdminCP page and Save.

* Theater takes the twitchy bunny and flees...

dekaybrown 16 Apr 2009 15:43

OK so just exactly how do I get to the navbar to edit it???

Would love to tinker with the navbar, but cannot seem to access it???

TheLastSuperman 16 Apr 2009 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaybrown (Post 1792552)
OK so just exactly how do I get to the navbar to edit it???

Would love to tinker with the navbar, but cannot seem to access it???

AdminCP --> Styles & Templates --> (Choose the Style) --> Navigation & Breadcrumb Templates --> Navbar

NOW, copy the original & paste into notepad++ before you start, if any problems paste over your modified template for the fix.

IF you have vboptimise installed and the option to flush cache beofre changes show up then flush the cache to show the changes, then refresh your other page w/ your forum on it to see any changes.

S-MAN

dekaybrown 18 Apr 2009 03:38

Still confused?

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

columbusgeek 18 Apr 2009 20:10

Some people should not be even attempting to run a website/forum. Eish.

Anyhow, thanks for the writeup UKBusiness. It would be nice if it used vBulletin hooks, but given enough time and tweaking it works well.

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to use full urls in your code?

you used <a href="http://yourpersonalwebsite.com/forum/images/image.gif">

Wouldn't <a href="/forum/images/image.gif">

Make it a bit easier for users via less editing to do? Also if somebody moves domains or changes things too much they have to redo all their links.

Just curious.

TheLastSuperman 18 Apr 2009 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaybrown (Post 1793697)

Style Manager :D

Then choose the style

Now click the drop down box and hit edit templates ;) then follow my original instructions regarding navigation & breadcrumb and so on.

When you've had a look there open your forum home page and view the source code... see how the navbar area of the code (near the top) kind of matches the template? Well that's where it is coming from :D - Check it out.

Now after your done there back up a step or two and use the drop down box when you see the styles listed to say main css (instead of edit templates) and hit "go" then google a css info site and see what the definitions mean and you can edit your styles colors, borders and so on.

S-MAN

dekaybrown 18 Apr 2009 21:18

Thank you so much, Man I have been spending a lot of time familiarizing myself with everything this program has to offer.

WOOT WOOT! yeah, I finally found it!

BTW - I like the fact there is no VB hooks, Anyone can paste this awesome menu to the top of any web page! Great stuff.

Sorry if I wasn't just born with vast knowledge, nor went to any special schools for this, I'm learning on the fly here, and with 7000 posts in just over six weeks, the forum kicks butt!.

TheLastSuperman 19 Apr 2009 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekaybrown (Post 1794122)
Thank you so much, Man I have been spending a lot of time familiarizing myself with everything this program has to offer.

WOOT WOOT! yeah, I finally found it!

BTW - I like the fact there is no VB hooks, Anyone can paste this awesome menu to the top of any web page! Great stuff.

Sorry if I wasn't just born with vast knowledge, nor went to any special schools for this, I'm learning on the fly here, and with 7000 posts in just over six weeks, the forum kicks butt!.

Just keep experimenting! UK is one of the nicest ones on here so he will love to read all of this but always remember to make copies before you start :D.

Great but...
by Il Pompa
20 Apr 2009 20:16

Excuse me, but how can I get the menu at the center of the page? I tried several times without success? Default is left:(

Another question: Is it possible to set the background of the menu transparent? It would be fantastic:)