vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94258

Red 2 Black (v3.5 Gold)
by RMS-Chef
14 Aug 2005 05:54

4 Attachment(s)
Simple but clean style. Reds, grays, black & white.
Has a page blended breadcrumb with space for a 468x60 banner image or GoogleAd code. See readme.htm in ZIP.

ZIP includes some PSDs & fonts.

v3.0.x Release thread here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91816
v3.0.x Matching ACP thread here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91818

Templates edited from default in this stlye:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please view ReadMe
Feedback welcome.

EDIT:
Updated for v3.5 Gold
Took out the breadcrumb banner by default. See readme.htm in ZIP for how add one back in.

BioVader 14 Aug 2005 07:14

This is a great vB theme... I have it installed on my 3.0.7 site..

turksengel 14 Aug 2005 09:58

thanx a love it
clicked install

mrgizmo 14 Aug 2005 10:01

Maybe I'm not doing this right. I installed the .xml file via ACP and uploaded the red2black folder containing all the images (attach, avatars, etc.) to the forums root and it doesn't work. I then moved the red2black images folder to images in forum root (where all the other style image folders are uploaded to), and it still doesn't work. It displays as vBulletin default.

Running 3.5 RC2.

Thanks. :)

TTG 14 Aug 2005 10:18

Anyone got this to work on 3.5.0 ?
Looks like a great style but all I can get to work are the images on default vbulletin !

deta 14 Aug 2005 13:31

the xml is not ok.. for 3.5

cu deta

RMS-Chef 14 Aug 2005 14:16

DOH?
I even installed on a seperate 3.5 test board. Maybe I switched something....let me check.

EDIT:
Sorry about that folks. I mucked something up with the XML in the original ZIP. ZIP have been updated with proper RC2 XML. I also added the XML for d/l for anyone who had gotten the original ZIP with the wrong RC2 XML.

It was 3AM when I put this together and probably forgot to change the XML download drop down from default to the new style when exporting it.
Sorry about that. :o

TTG 14 Aug 2005 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMS-Chef
DOH?
I even installed on a seperate 3.5 test board. Maybe I switched something....let me check.

EDIT:
Sorry about that folks. I mucked something up with the XML in the original ZIP. ZIP have been updated with proper RC2 XML. I also added the XML for d/l for anyone who had gotten the original ZIP with the wrong RC2 XML.

It was 3AM when I put this together and probably forgot to change the XML download drop down from default to the new style when exporting it.
Sorry about that. :o

Thanks Chef .. that works.
Ya might wanna check the same on your demo site :)

deta 14 Aug 2005 15:38

Great ;) Run under 3.5 :rolleyes:

But the image dir ist ./images/ not ./ root ;)

Please update to ./images/red2back/... for 3.5

cu Deta

RMS-Chef 14 Aug 2005 16:30

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deta
Great ;) Run under 3.5 :rolleyes:

But the image dir ist ./images/ not ./ root ;)

Please update to ./images/red2back/... for 3.5

cu Deta

Ummmm. no?

deta 14 Aug 2005 16:39

Quote:

Ummmm. no?

The Images Dir ist unter Vb3.5

./images/red2black/ <<< Thus it would be right

./red2black/ <<< Thus it is wrong like it now is

cu Deta

RMS-Chef 14 Aug 2005 16:49

Quote:

The Images Dir ist unter Vb3.5

./images/red2black/ <<< Thus it would be right

./red2black/ <<< Thus it is wrong like it now is

cu Deta

If you say so.
On both my test boards the ./images/ folder has nothing but default folders and images.
my red2black folder is in forum root like my ss's show. Dunno what to say.

deta 14 Aug 2005 17:11

I mine around übersicht to receive, everything should go styles (images) under the images folder.

But müllt one to itself the Root with many lists to.
Other style Proger do just . everything under/images/style-name/...

cu Deta

RMS-Chef 14 Aug 2005 17:37

Personally I leave the images folder alone for the default style. Less chance of the less knowledgeable people overwriting their default images IMO.

thc34 14 Aug 2005 19:08

thank you
(merci)

XtremeOffroad 14 Aug 2005 22:03

This template if FANTASTIC.
Clicks Install.

One Question though, I've left the copyright at the footer but would like to change the link on my banner to point back to my site, How would I go about this?

Thanks

Funkworkz 15 Aug 2005 04:46

Installed, but I get a NULL error on forumdisplay.php in certain forums. It has to do with the javascript (the pulldown menus on Search and Quick Links)

RMS-Chef 15 Aug 2005 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeOffroad
This template if FANTASTIC.
Clicks Install.

One Question though, I've left the copyright at the footer but would like to change the link on my banner to point back to my site, How would I go about this?

Thanks

The code is the navbar template.
Look for:

And put anything you want in there.

RMS-Chef 15 Aug 2005 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkworkz
Installed, but I get a NULL error on forumdisplay.php in certain forums. It has to do with the javascript (the pulldown menus on Search and Quick Links)

Really not sure. The header and navbar templates are the only ones that have been really modified. All the rest of the changed templates like FORUMDISPLAY I only changed a few table classes from "thead" to "tcat".

Tomorrow I will compare the other templates to default and see if I made any additional unintentional edits on those.

john1744 15 Aug 2005 07:02

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, thanks for the style, it is quite excellent, however I am using the double navbar hack, how do I get rid of your navbar? See the attachment for details.

utw-Mephisto 15 Aug 2005 15:10

Quote:

I mine around übersicht to receive, everything should go styles (images) under the images folder.

But müllt one to itself the Root with many lists to.
Other style Proger do just . everything under/images/style-name/...

cu Deta

Denglisch or / oder Engeutsch ?

Marco van Herwaarden 15 Aug 2005 15:27

And what is the purpose of that reply?

XtremeOffroad 15 Aug 2005 15:37

Quote:

The code is the navbar template.
Look for:

And put anything you want in there.

Thanks for the fast reply.

RMS-Chef 15 Aug 2005 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1744
Hi, thanks for the style, it is quite excellent, however I am using the double navbar hack, how do I get rid of your navbar? See the attachment for details.

In the header template...
Find:

Start there and delete everything under it.

Be sure to leave:

So it should end up like:

Quote:

Thanks for the fast reply.

Your welcome.

RMS-Chef 15 Aug 2005 18:23

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I had not noticed any errors myself but please try to replace your header template with the code in the attached file and let me know if it takes care of it. If so, I will update the ZIP.

jesus likes pie 15 Aug 2005 18:37

reminds me of phpbb but its still cool

;)

Funkworkz 15 Aug 2005 22:49

Quote:

replace your header template with the code in the attached file and let me know if it takes car

That fixed it, thanks.

RMS-Chef 16 Aug 2005 00:26

Quote:

That fixed it, thanks.

Cool. I think I had some 3.0.7 code still in there.
I will update the ZIP soon.

BTW, please click install. ;)

XtremeOffroad 19 Aug 2005 01:47

For some reason Once a forum reaches the 20 post's mark and starts a new page in forum display I get done but with errors on page errors and the menu's quit working, I have tried other themes I have and the red2black is the only one which gives the error, Any Ideas?

Quote:

I had not noticed any errors myself but please try to replace your header template with the code in the attached file and let me know if it takes care of it. If so, I will update the ZIP.

I myself used your updated header text and it fixed the error I was having but it also removed the home and forums links, Is there any way to get an updated header file which includes these It just seemed convenient especially for new members not too familiar with navigating these boards.

BTW thanks for the fix

Sovereign 20 Aug 2005 14:24

Like many styles, the gradients don't work on my board! www.alliancemodding.com/vb

RMS-Chef 20 Aug 2005 14:25

Quote:

myself used your updated header text and it fixed the error I was having but it also removed the home and forums links, Is there any way to get an updated header file which includes these It just seemed convenient especially for new members not too familiar with navigating these boards.

BTW thanks for the fix

In the header template find:

Under that, you may add your links. If your loking for Home Page & Forum Home try this:

RMS-Chef 20 Aug 2005 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign
Like many styles, the gradients don't work on my board! www.alliancemodding.com/vb

Now that's just wierd. Especially since you have this problem with other styles. When viewing the style's CSS settings in the ACP, do you see the examples there?

Sovereign 20 Aug 2005 15:23

Well, I have this issue with many styles whose image paths are not set to "images/stylename" rather than just "stylename/." This style had gradients defined from "stylename/" rather than "images/stylename." Problem solved!

XtremeOffroad 22 Aug 2005 18:20

Quote:

In the header template find:

Under that, you may add your links. If your loking for Home Page & Forum Home try this:

Ya know, I doubt you could get better paid support from most sites as you'll find from the VB sites and the members.
Thanks again.

RMS-Chef 24 Aug 2005 01:19

Quote:

Thanks again.

Your welcome.

ajpritch 27 Sep 2005 05:39

1 Attachment(s)
Chef, I love this theme. However when I go to the memberlist.php page the search for members is dropped down. I have added the pic to show you what I mean.

Thanks in advance for the help

buffness 05 Oct 2005 03:38

how do you install this thing/

vanayr 05 Oct 2005 09:52

Any chance we'll see this updated for 3.5 gold?

RMS-Chef 05 Oct 2005 17:31

No doubt.
I am in the process of updating some paid styles first but will update this very soon.
When complete I will be sure to send an update through the vB.org system.

RMS-Chef 05 Oct 2005 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajpritch
Chef, I love this theme. However when I go to the memberlist.php page the search for members is dropped down. I have added the pic to show you what I mean.

Never noticed that before.
I will take a look when I update this to 3.5Gold

vanayr 06 Oct 2005 07:02

Chef, this is great. Can't wait to see this on final as it's exactly what I need.

Thanks for the hard work.

-V.

RMS-Chef 11 Oct 2005 06:59

1 Attachment(s)
Updated.

Quote:

Should be fixed in this newest update to Gold.

ajpritch 11 Oct 2005 22:02

Thanks Chef that fixed it. Did you add a bigger black border around the whole forum or am I just thinking it looks bigger?

darcon 12 Oct 2005 03:25

thanks RMS-Chef, style works great on 3.5 gold :)

Quote:

Did you add a bigger black border around the whole forum or am I just thinking it looks bigger?

He changed Main Table Width from 100% to 95%, you can change it back in stylevars

RMS-Chef 12 Oct 2005 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcon
He changed Main Table Width from 100% to 95%, you can change it back in stylevars

Yeah, I had adjusted it to 760 durning testing to make sure that it functioned and looked OK as a fixed style and must have just put it back to 95% instead of 100%. I had originally had a few hard coded widths in a couple templates so in the update I replaced them with the stylevar [outertablewidth] or whatever it is so that the end user could properly use that stylevar option.

Glad everything is working OK. :)

davidw 13 Oct 2005 13:15

Looking forward to the 3.5 Gold version as I installed this just to have errors (probably no need to mention them as others have probably seen the same ones - think it mainly boils down to javascript, but not sure).

RMS-Chef 13 Oct 2005 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianb
Looking forward to the 3.5 Gold version as I installed this just to have errors (probably no need to mention them as others have probably seen the same ones - think it mainly boils down to javascript, but not sure).

You are getting errors on this new 3.5 Gold release?
I just ran through every page on my dev board and didn't come across any myself.

wacodep 14 Oct 2005 17:15

Only in my Red2Black style: In Quick Reply, the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons do the SAME thing -- they post it immediately.

The "Go Advanced" button does NOT load it up in the editor (for continued advanced editing) as it does in my other styles).

Rock_Chick7 14 Oct 2005 17:45

Hi,

We do have a red2black version in our forum... I am just not sure if it is this one.
The problem with our current version is that it doesn't show avatars and quick reply at the end of threads... now I'm wondering if we should just update the templates or download that version?!

Thx
~TS

RMS-Chef 14 Oct 2005 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Chick7
Hi,

We do have a red2black version in our forum... I am just not sure if it is this one.
The problem with our current version is that it doesn't show avatars and quick reply at the end of threads... now I'm wondering if we should just update the templates or download that version?!

Thx
~TS

You should install this current one since some stylevars changed as well. Also, if you use this, please click install. If you had before you would have recieved the most recient update notice. ;)

Quote:

Only in my Red2Black style: In Quick Reply, the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons do the SAME thing -- they post it immediately.

The "Go Advanced" button does NOT load it up in the editor (for continued advanced editing) as it does in my other styles).
Sounds like you are using an older version with old code. Please install this newest version. With this new version the only templates that have any major modifactions are the header and navbar. All other templates shown as being edited are simple class changes and should not effect board operation in any way.

Slacker 14 Oct 2005 20:30

Looks pretty good, except why no new post icons? It looks bad with the light blue envelopes all over the page.

And I don't like anything extra in my root folder either, I put it in images/red2black too.

Looks pretty good though.

Rock_Chick7 14 Oct 2005 20:59

Thanks alot, everything works great :D

RMS-Chef 15 Oct 2005 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slacker
Looks pretty good, except why no new post icons? It looks bad with the light blue envelopes all over the page.

Just no time brother.
Maybe someday. ;)

wacodep 15 Oct 2005 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacodep

Nevermind ... my bad. All fixed ... :rolleyes:

Snake 15 Oct 2005 21:22

Now that's the BEST dark skin ever! Thanks! :)

davidw 16 Oct 2005 01:03

Quote:

You are getting errors on this new 3.5 Gold release?
I just ran through every page on my dev board and didn't come across any myself.

I'm going to look into this. Uninstall it, reinstall it - maybe something else. The issue was that I didn't have this problem until I installed it, however, I still have similar problems so now I'm not sure if it is related or not and won't know until testing. I'm not going to say at this point that it is the style, not unless I fix the problem and reinstall the style and the problem comes back. :)

I like this skin - it has possibilities. :D

rb290 17 Oct 2005 07:45

how do you remove a style
it says:

vBulletin Message

You are about to remove the last style that visitors are allowed to use. That would be bad - you can not proceed

davidw 17 Oct 2005 19:57

* christianb clicks install

Sorry for all my trouble - it appears that there was an issue with the upgrade to 3.5 that caused the issue. I had to revert a style footer, then put the modified footer right back in there (very silly if you ask me). That fixed the problems I had.

RMS-Chef 17 Oct 2005 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianb
* christianb clicks install

Sorry for all my trouble - it appears that there was an issue with the upgrade to 3.5 that caused the issue. I had to revert a style footer, then put the modified footer right back in there (very silly if you ask me). That fixed the problems I had.

Glad to hear it. :)

GuaRRand 28 Oct 2005 08:06

2 Attachment(s)
Nice skin...although some icons arent really made for a dark skin, so you see those white lines around them and the tree text is very grey, which makes it hard to read...which are both common "problems" with dark skins

But definatly the best free dark skin out there.

by Posof
30 Oct 2005 09:41

Hi,

Have a problem where must i upload the the Red2Black_v35.XML file

Have some problems with the Avatar on the forum..

Thanks

Great Skin

:squareeyed:

RMS-Chef 31 Oct 2005 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posof
Hi,

Have a problem where must i upload the the Red2Black_v35.XML file

ACP>>Styles & Templates>>Download / Upload Styles>>Import Style XML File Section

bspiller82 01 Nov 2005 02:01

How do you change the nav bar? I'm tryign to add a link to my navbar. When I searched the template (navbar) it doesn't appear to be stored in there.

RMS-Chef 01 Nov 2005 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspiller82
How do you change the nav bar? I'm tryign to add a link to my navbar. When I searched the template (navbar) it doesn't appear to be stored in there.

The navigation bar was moved up into the header template.

admin0 05 Nov 2005 17:14

does not work for version 3.5.1 ..
when i try to import, it says it was made for 3.5.0

anyone managed to get this working for 3.5.1 ?

Cheers.

Synth 06 Nov 2005 00:24

having same problem

admin0 06 Nov 2005 15:44

solved.
works well with 3.5.1 ..

will post here if some issues arise..

set "Ignore Style Version" to yes and it works well.

Thanks

RMS-Chef 07 Nov 2005 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin0
solved.
works well with 3.5.1 ..

will post here if some issues arise..

set "Ignore Style Version" to yes and it works well.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There are a couple of templates in my style release that that should be updated if using on v3.5.1. Just check out the v3.5.1 Release Thread on vB.com and make the small adjustments.

The following templates in my R2B style are modded:

Now almost all are just one or two CSS class changes but any mod will stop the template from being updated on an upgrade so if you are using v3.5.1 or have upgraded to it, check the v3.5.1 Realse Thread and make the required changes.

AshokForums.com 09 Nov 2005 00:10

The best i have come across.. RMS-Chef Great work

Neska 11 Nov 2005 00:38

nice skin, one of best, no doubt.

rrokdoka 12 Nov 2005 16:31

This is a great skin .... everything works fine for me..... except a couple of modules Shoutbox in my hompage in the center column, Hot Topics, and the vbradio page? Does anyone know what the problem could be? Do i need to change something in the style manager?

New button
by webspider
14 Nov 2005 15:12

Any chance of doing a "Thanks" button in this style? The red blank style gets ruined by this https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

RMS-Chef 14 Nov 2005 18:57

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by webspider
Any chance of doing a "Thanks" button in this style? The red blank style gets ruined by this http://iwebsl.com/images/post_thanks.gif

How is this?
I had created this for my site.

EDIT:
OOoopps.
Wrong style. please hold.

EDIT:
How is this?

webspider 14 Nov 2005 19:12

Quote:

How is this?
I had created this for my site.

EDIT:
OOoopps.
Wrong style. please hold.

EDIT:
How is this?

I could kiss you ;-)

This is one of the best styles, THANKS!

RMS-Chef 14 Nov 2005 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by webspider
I could kiss you ;-)

This is one of the best styles, THANKS!

Your welcome. The PSD is included in there should you need to add other buttons but I had this one already done for one of my sites.

webspider 14 Nov 2005 19:22

Have you done the Punch buttons?

I don't have Photo Shop and I don't think Fireworks will do PSD but I could try.

Holidazed 15 Nov 2005 15:37

Very nice and clean.

Question: Why is it that all the "Black and" styles I see here turn out to be "Grey and"? Where is the black? I would like to see a dark style that is actually "Black and" maybe red, orange, purple, blue, etc.

S1OPP 08 Dec 2005 12:45

This is perfect for my forum.

A big thank you.

DiSS Troya 12 Dec 2005 11:09

cant make up my mind what color i want my board to be
but i hope this makes me happy..might have to go back
and change my buttons..lol

Alfa1 13 Dec 2005 09:29

Are you planning a 3.5.2 release?

RMS-Chef 13 Dec 2005 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1
Are you planning a 3.5.2 release?

The only change you will have to make is to 100% v3.5.2 compliant is:
Quote:

navbar

Changed all instances of

HTML Code:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">
to

HTML Code:

<if condition="$show['member']">
Requires Revert: Yes, if you don't want the logout page to show "Welcome User"
I will eventually.

DiSS Troya 13 Dec 2005 15:59

I installed it and it went over fine.. I didn't noticed that I needed to make
that HTML change now that you said it here, but I will..lol

thelittleguy 14 Dec 2005 16:32

I uploaded the skin for the life of me I cant get the images to show I upladed the image files in the images on my server I cant find where to edit the image paths please assist

Gizmo999 17 Dec 2005 08:40

Quote:

The only change you will have to make is to 100% v3.5.2 compliant is:

I will eventually.

I'm using 3.5.2 and I've downloaded the 3.5.x gold version and noticed in earlier posts that modifications were needed to some templates, to make it 3.5.1 compliant, is this still needed in the latest version??

And with the nav bar alteration, forgive me for being a numpty but this is my first attempt at forums and html so I'm a bit slow lol but is it only the instances within the nav bar section that needed altering , I'm assuming I just change the bit within the < and > you quoted.

Great template and thank for doing it.

RMS-Chef 17 Dec 2005 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelittleguy
I uploaded the skin for the life of me I cant get the images to show I upladed the image files in the images on my server I cant find where to edit the image paths please assist

make sure you upload the included "red2black" folder into your forum root, not into "forumroot/images".

Gizmo999 19 Dec 2005 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo999
I'm using 3.5.2 and I've downloaded the 3.5.x gold version and noticed in earlier posts that modifications were needed to some templates, to make it 3.5.1 compliant, is this still needed in the latest version??

And with the nav bar alteration, forgive me for being a numpty but this is my first attempt at forums and html so I'm a bit slow lol but is it only the instances within the nav bar section that needed altering , I'm assuming I just change the bit within the < and > you quoted.

Great template and thank for doing it.

Can Anyone help me with this one, its my first attempt at adding a style and I could really do with a step by step walk through??

Couldn't find the v3.5.1 release thread mentioned earlier in this thread either :(

Oh, its a neat style for Ducati motorbike forums, remove the gradients and it gives it a proper Ducati feel.

puertoblack2003 20 Dec 2005 00:31

ok installed everything the border marks shows including the navbar now, where the forum title there's no red border (r2b_catbg1.gif) how can i fix that.

also i do have it in root dir not image :nervous:

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/8...ckforum6bz.gif

What font is on the buttons?
by volarium
22 Dec 2005 00:46

Hey Chef, I need to make some custom buttons for the style. Would you be willing to share what font you used, and what effects? I'd be happy to post the buttons that I create, as others may find them useful. The ones I need to create (so far) to go with the Geek Article System:

New Article
New Review
New Tutorial
Comment

I'm using Photoshop.

Cheers,
Michael

RMS-Chef 22 Dec 2005 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by volarium
Hey Chef, I need to make some custom buttons for the style. Would you be willing to share what font you used, and what effects? I'd be happy to post the buttons that I create, as others may find them useful. The ones I need to create (so far) to go with the Geek Article System:

New Article
New Review
New Tutorial
Comment

I'm using Photoshop.

Cheers,
Michael

There should be a PSD folder in the ZIP file that has all of the buttons and other images with effects and stuff in tact. There are also the fonts that I used in that PSD folder as well. Install the fonts in the PSD directory and open up button_large.psd

volarium 22 Dec 2005 14:34

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Chef, you thought of everything! Installed the fonts and opened it in Photoshop.

Here's a Comment button if anyone needs one.

WichitaRacing 05 Jan 2006 01:54

This may be somewhat out of scope, but I thought I'd ask.

I installed red2black and my users love it, but it doesn't look good with MKPortal.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/29/red2black.jpg

I need to get the color scheme to look good on the portal pages, like it looks on the forum pages.

Where do I start with this? I've started a similar thread on the mkportal forums.

RMS-Chef 05 Jan 2006 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by WichitaRacing
This may be somewhat out of scope, but I thought I'd ask.

I installed red2black and my users love it, but it doesn't look good with MKPortal.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/29/red2black.jpg

I need to get the color scheme to look good on the portal pages, like it looks on the forum pages.

Where do I start with this? I've started a similar thread on the mkportal forums.

You will have to mess around with the CSS classes.
I am not familiar with that addon but you should try changing around the alt1, alt2, etc classes in some of the templates to try to get the desired effects.

WichitaRacing 05 Jan 2006 18:29

Quote:

You will have to mess around with the CSS classes.
I am not familiar with that addon but you should try changing around the alt1, alt2, etc classes in some of the templates to try to get the desired effects.

Any recommendations on an easy-to-understand tutorial for CSS stuff? I'm not a coder, and I've never messed w/ CSS at all.

I appreciate the advice. :)

toibs 09 Jan 2006 22:28

RMS-Chef,

This is going to sound awful - however i'd like to be able to change the Red bars to blue - in this case is it a simple case of changing the hex's in the respective temlates on this, or is it a little more involved?? (before i go breaking it??!!)

Thanks for what is a lovely style!! :)

Paul

RMS-Chef 10 Jan 2006 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by toibs
RMS-Chef,

This is going to sound awful - however i'd like to be able to change the Red bars to blue - in this case is it a simple case of changing the hex's in the respective temlates on this, or is it a little more involved?? (before i go breaking it??!!)

Thanks for what is a lovely style!! :)

Paul

There are some color codes for the solid colors but you would also have to overwrite or change the couple gradient images as well.

The best thing to do would be to import the style again and name it something different and play around with it. That way you can mess around with it but not hurt the original working one.

RMS-Chef 10 Jan 2006 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WichitaRacing
Any recommendations on an easy-to-understand tutorial for CSS stuff? I'm not a coder, and I've never messed w/ CSS at all.

I appreciate the advice. :)

I am no coder either, not even remotely.
What I would do is copy/paste the template code you are looking to alter into a WYSIWYG HTML editor. Then you should get a basic layout to look at and see where you might change a few things.

Asi9ine 10 Jan 2006 07:38

Quote:

I am no coder either, not even remotely.
What I would do is copy/paste the template code you are looking to alter into a WYSIWYG HTML editor. Then you should get a basic layout to look at and see where you might change a few things.

Like Dreamweaver [shameless namedrop].

Very good style Chef. It's very widely used, and is simple but desirable. Well done.

RMS-Chef 10 Jan 2006 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asi9ine
Like Dreamweaver [shameless namedrop].

Very good style Chef. It's very widely used, and is simple but desirable. Well done.

That what I use, yes. With DW you have to make sure you turn off a couple of the auto correct unclosed tags and such or it will FUBAR your templates.

...and thanks.

98EXL 07 Feb 2006 20:47

has anyone has problems with this and vbAdvanced?

RMS-Chef 07 Feb 2006 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98EXL
has anyone has problems with this and vbAdvanced?

Are you having any issues?
I originally created this style on a test board that had vBA installed and didn't have any issues that I can remember.