vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

pwcxtreme 12 Feb 2013 17:59

Thanks Glowhost for an awesome spam filter! Its been running for 5 days now and i already have 5138 denied in that short time and i have seen over 600 online at 1 time (only 40 members, forum is 4 weeks old). Is this normal?

Bluemax712 13 Feb 2013 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVC (Post 2228148)
Is there a way to setup a notification (email/PM) alert to notify admin or moderator that a post has been placed in moderation and needs to be reviewed?

There is now :)
Check out Lee Robert's vBMQN Moderation Queue Notifications + Desktop App
It sends out an email if there is something waiting in the moderation queue

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=294999

Diachron 13 Feb 2013 01:43

This mod is a life saver, thank you. I was starting to despair that I'd never keep spammers at bay

My only real comment is a plea to vB to include something similar in stock vB 5.x. It just seems to me that if the current state of affairs is such that an administrator cannot hope to keep a forum free of debilitating spam without a solution of this nature, then those solutions must be baked into the products themselves.

That said, thank you again for developing this excellent mod.

mykkal 13 Feb 2013 02:33

Now that is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apsrfvb4 (Post 2403896)
There is now :)
Check out Lee Robert's vBMQN Moderation Queue Notifications + Desktop App
It sends out an email if there is something waiting in the moderation queue

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=294999


weave 17 Feb 2013 13:58

Installed upgrade (was on 2.0.1) on 4.2.0 PL3, no issues.

Thanks for keeping this GREAT mod going. It saves us all a TON of work each day!

danycutu1 17 Feb 2013 16:32

Thanks for this mod. I've installed it and i'm testing it. One question though. Is it possible to check the already created users with your system?

weave 18 Feb 2013 00:05

Just went to remove the first users from the "user" on the admin CP and I too am getting "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/admincp/glowhostspamomatic.php on line 108"

Any ideas yet? Not sure I read the "fix" on here.

ForceHSS 18 Feb 2013 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by weave (Post 2404870)
Just went to remove the first users from the "user" on the admin CP and I too am getting "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/admincp/glowhostspamomatic.php on line 108"

Any ideas yet? Not sure I read the "fix" on here.

did you fill in the Akismet key

weave 18 Feb 2013 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2404874)
did you fill in the Akismet key

Yes, it is there

Had another user this AM, same thing. I used the ADMINCP option to ban this user also.

I have now set it to "remove" the user but I cannot test until I get another spammer signed up.

It seems that everything is working as it should from a function standpoint, it is just tossing this error.

ForceHSS 18 Feb 2013 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by weave (Post 2404986)
Yes, it is there

Had another user this AM, same thing. I used the ADMINCP option to ban this user also.

I have now set it to "remove" the user but I cannot test until I get another spammer signed up.

It seems that everything is working as it should from a function standpoint, it is just tossing this error.

You filled it in both places for the akismet key

danycutu1 19 Feb 2013 21:57

Back with the second post and still waiting for your help. I am using 4.2 vbulletin and i can't see any easy cleanup option anywhere. my administrators have full permisions under administrator permissions tab, including me. i have the akismet key set, still, i'm not able to check the already created users to see if they are spammers (and they are, like 400 of them). please give some more details of how should i moderate the already created users...

LE: i also, in my usergroups under edit usergroups i don't have any option like Filter posts with Akismet as it is mentioned in the installation intructions

4.2. Get API key for Akismet and enter it in settings. After this edit your usergroups and you will see the option to "Filter posts with Akismet". Only check groups with untrusted users (i.e. Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users).

Alibass 19 Feb 2013 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by danycutu1 (Post 2405297)
Back with the second post and still waiting for your help. I am using 4.2 vbulletin and i can't see any easy cleanup option anywhere. my administrators have full permisions under administrator permissions tab, including me. i have the akismet key set, still, i'm not able to check the already created users to see if they are spammers (and they are, like 400 of them). please give some more details of how should i moderate the already created users...

As far as I know there is no way to check your already registered members to see if they are spammers are not. This mod checks to see if they are in the SFS database before allowing them to complete their registration.
You can manually check their IP and email address here but it's time consuming.

danycutu1 20 Feb 2013 03:20

what about the easy cleanup option and the filter posts with akismet. What's wrong with those?

Alibass 20 Feb 2013 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by danycutu1 (Post 2405344)
what about the easy cleanup option and the filter posts with akismet. What's wrong with those?

If it's a spammer post then remove it using moderation tools in the thread or under search for users in the admincp

Bluemax712 23 Feb 2013 00:53

Finally upgraded from 1.27 version to latest 2.1

Never realized how much extra traffic to the SFS servers the old version caused till now.
It was logging about 10 users per hour but now down to about 10 per day
(I guess due as mentioned to the vB built-in Human Verification now occurring first before this)

Combined this with Spambot Stopper - which I imagine kicks in before this to stop the bots from registering.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2406414
So far everything works great!:)
(vB 4.1.12)


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.