vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236970

DragonByte Tech 27 Feb 2010 21:32

Hornstar, in regards to the one click editing, prune single shouts/ single user etc, those are Pro features.

As for the options, the best way to position them is something we plan on examining in future versions =)

Iain

Hornstar 27 Feb 2010 22:13

I just found out that the double click editing does work in the lite version, it brings the text back into the text area, then when you make the changes, it changes the previous edit. I like it.

I also have auto idle off, but I am being auto idled. I think it might be a bug.

Boko577 27 Feb 2010 23:25

I like it, but at the actual part where peoples' shouts show needs to be larger. I also recommend taking the extra space out at the top by the buttons. Above and below has too much empty space.

Boko577 27 Feb 2010 23:29

What's the difference between this one and the other Inferno? GLAD TO SEE THEM, but what's the difference? Which one is better?

Drago13 27 Feb 2010 23:50

I have the old inferno installed on my forums... It took me a while to get it working right with vB4. I would like the detached version though, ( that is one of the things that would not cooperate with vB4.) . Does the detach function work right with vB4 ? And how does this compare to the old version. Thanks

DragonByte Tech 28 Feb 2010 00:21

It's possible to adjust the height of the Shoutbox in the options.

Also, Inferno vBShout is not officially supported, this is its replacement of sorts. So, most features are going to be the same, except for various upgrades to modernise it :)


Fillip

Boko577 28 Feb 2010 00:59

So which shoutbox will you guys be updating still? this one or the more original one.

PatrickBo 28 Feb 2010 01:46

WHOOO, been waiting a LONG time for a new VB Inferno shoutbox, even though it isn't Inferno anymore. I will likely buy the pro version of this as swell in the future. i instaleld it, but removed it until a possible update is made. Is there any template edit that i can make to put the text box under the shouts, not a fan of having it on the left side.

Also, had some issue with getting the shouts to display new ones on the bottom of the shoutbox, rather than the top. wouldn't work when i made the changes in setting.

If there is a template edit i can make, please let me know.

great work, glad to see it's back. fav shoutbox of all time ;)

ninjashoes 28 Feb 2010 02:00

When you have white font on a black background in your forum theres a problem(I changed the shoutbox background color to black so the default text color would show up).

When you change the color and try to change the text back to white you won't be able to see your text in the inptut box(if its still white) and if you make the input box black then anyone who enters a shout without changing the color first won't be able to see their shout show up since the background of the shoutbox where messages show up in black.

I hope that wasnt too confusing.

ninjashoes 28 Feb 2010 02:06

I think you should be able to change the color of the shoutbox around the message-box. Right now it inherits from blockrow I think? You should be able to set it in the control panel or at least in the template.

I also agree with the guy above who said he would like to see the input box beneath the message box. It feel kind of awkward right now.

Very excited to see this mod btw, thank you very much.

shadowla05 28 Feb 2010 02:23

how would i add like a sound every time a new shout has been enter?

Boko577 28 Feb 2010 07:56

Honestly, I miss the old Inferno Shout for vB3. Bring it back... Don't try and change what is already perfect! Just add more features to it...

DragonByte Tech 28 Feb 2010 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickBo (Post 1993334)
WHOOO, been waiting a LONG time for a new VB Inferno shoutbox, even though it isn't Inferno anymore. I will likely buy the pro version of this as swell in the future. i instaleld it, but removed it until a possible update is made. Is there any template edit that i can make to put the text box under the shouts, not a fan of having it on the left side.

Switching the textbox location is a planned feature :)
It will be included in the next update of the Pro version.

The box was put on the left hand side because it let users see their entire shout, even if it was longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickBo (Post 1993334)
Also, had some issue with getting the shouts to display new ones on the bottom of the shoutbox, rather than the top. wouldn't work when i made the changes in setting.

If there is a template edit i can make, please let me know.

Did you refresh the page after making the change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjashoes (Post 1993343)
When you have white font on a black background in your forum theres a problem(I changed the shoutbox background color to black so the default text color would show up).

When you change the color and try to change the text back to white you won't be able to see your text in the inptut box(if its still white) and if you make the input box black then anyone who enters a shout without changing the color first won't be able to see their shout show up since the background of the shoutbox where messages show up in black.

I hope that wasnt too confusing.

I know exactly what you mean, but sadly the only way of solving that is to reset every user's style choices.
I'll add a quick button to do that in the Mod/AdminCP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjashoes (Post 1993346)
I think you should be able to change the color of the shoutbox around the message-box. Right now it inherits from blockrow I think? You should be able to set it in the control panel or at least in the template.

I also agree with the guy above who said he would like to see the input box beneath the message box. It feel kind of awkward right now.

Very excited to see this mod btw, thank you very much.

It does indeed inherit from blockrow, to make it follow the same standard as the rest of the forum.
Does this cause it to look funky on certain skin configurations? I was under the impression blockrow colour would look good in all configurations and flow seamlessly into the rest of the skin.
If you could provide examples of why this philosophy is wrong, please do :) I'll look into setting a colour override if so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowla05 (Post 1993353)
how would i add like a sound every time a new shout has been enter?

You would need to modify the JavaScript file or something, I have no idea, sorry :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boko577 (Post 1993489)
Honestly, I miss the old Inferno Shout for vB3. Bring it back... Don't try and change what is already perfect! Just add more features to it...

Different coder, different vBulletin version = different product :p
What's wrong with this one? Your feedback will help improve this version :)


Fillip

PatrickBo 28 Feb 2010 13:23

Very glad to see your fast responses and your patience with some of the other members lol. Please keep us updated as to when the pro version includes the input box under the shoutbox, i will then reinstall the software.

DragonByte Tech 28 Feb 2010 13:40

We're not really allowed to post updates about the pro version here on vb.org, but if you register on our website, we can email you whenever new versions are released =)

Iain


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.