vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210572

GCSkye 09 Apr 2009 16:47

Would be a nice feature for you to choose a usergroup that always has disemvoweled posts.

ericgtr 09 Apr 2009 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnus (Post 1787293)
As promised, I made v1.1.1 available which will detect which postbit layout you're using and modify accordingly. Nothing else has changed.

Thank you.

magnus 09 Apr 2009 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling (Post 1787440)
Thanks, magnus - much appreciated. It works great. :)

I'll try to figure out how to replace the text (Disemvowel/Revowel) with icons; I suggest the famfamfam font_delete and font_add silk icons would work nicely.

The next release will allow you to choose between text or (user-specified) icons via the AdminCP. If you come across any (public domain) icons you feel would fit nicely with this hack, feel free to post them up. :)

magnus 09 Apr 2009 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCSkye (Post 1787456)
Would be a nice feature for you to choose a usergroup that always has disemvoweled posts.

That's not really what this hack was designed for, if you want someones posts to ALWAYS be disemvoweled, you may as well just use Tachy Goes to Coventry. This is meant more to be a surgical strike, rather than a carpet bombing.

Hugo Holbling 09 Apr 2009 19:59

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by magnus (Post 1787586)
If you come across any (public domain) icons you feel would fit nicely with this hack, feel free to post them up. :)

I think the famfamfam silk icons attached would do nicely. :)

magnus 09 Apr 2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling (Post 1787592)
I think the famfamfam silk icons attached would do nicely. :)

Wow.. yea, those are pretty perfect (and free!) if you ask me. I'll definately be including them in the next release.

Thanks for pointing those out!

Alien 09 Apr 2009 22:43

Nice work, magnus!

I'll have use for this. Looking forward to the icon update and consider this installed!

Wings69 09 Apr 2009 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCSkye (Post 1787456)

I know you said this isn't what you intended the mod to be used for, but I would also just like to second this. I allow my users to "buy" custom titles etc for other users(with vbcredits) for fun, and I'd love to be able to get them to "buy" this for someones posts for x amount of hours :)

ericgtr 09 Apr 2009 23:15

Just thought I would throw this out there, might be pretty cool with this mod.. Swedish chef speak http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134327 :D

magnus 10 Apr 2009 16:22

As promised, 1.2 is released -- now with ICONS! (thanks Hugo Holbling)

Also included manual instructions for template edits.

biome.pat 15 Apr 2009 21:23

AWESOME! I was actually searching for this last fall, and finally checked again, just as you released! GREAT mod!

biome.pat 15 Apr 2009 21:24

Oh PS, I'm nominating you for MOTM. Clearly.

And no way this would work on 3.7.3, huh? Well, I suppose this gives me reason to finally update...!

bigcurt 16 Apr 2009 21:59

Thanks for this..it looks great. However, there is a small problem. When you put something in quotes instead of just leaving the quotes it turns it to: "&qt"..any way to fix that?

Curt

magnus 18 Apr 2009 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcurt (Post 1792832)
Thanks for this..it looks great. However, there is a small problem. When you put something in quotes instead of just leaving the quotes it turns it to: "&qt"..any way to fix that?

Curt

Really? Hrm.. that's weird. This is just a simple preg_replace(); .. it shouldn't be doing that. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

bigcurt 18 Apr 2009 10:30

Ya, also when I do it both on my test forum and main forum and someone has a quoted post..it messed up the quote tags by taking away the uoe :P.