vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

rory2000 04 Jun 2015 14:47

Hi, Thanks for this Mod.

Is it possible in a new version to have one button / option on the Administrative drop down list on the forum to do:

Added remove user, post, ban to user profile same as (options in admincp under "Quick User Links")

All in one go ?

This means moderators on our forum can do this task very easily ?

Also if possible when you are looking through your list of new users the options to select multiple new users and with one click do the same ?

MikeSheen 11 Jun 2015 12:23

I've installed this mod and it seems to work great. So much so I donated $10USD to the author - and soon after I learned my donation was only the second ever for this mod.

2 donations for all that effort? C'mon guys - if you're using this mod, It's probably because you got spam raped at some point and had to spend a LOT of time removing the spam - how much time has this mod saved you? Express that time in dollars and then donate to the author!

Black Snow 11 Jun 2015 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSheen (Post 2547585)
I've installed this mod and it seems to work great. So much so I donated $10USD to the author - and soon after I learned my donation was only the second ever for this mod.

2 donations for all that effort? C'mon guys - if you're using this mod, It's probably because you got spam raped at some point and had to spend a LOT of time removing the spam - how much time has this mod saved you? Express that time in dollars and then donate to the author!

WOW! 21k downloads, 4.5k installs, 3.3k replies and only 2 donations? That's some support from the author to do that with no return.

MikeSheen 11 Jun 2015 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Snow (Post 2547587)
WOW! 21k downloads, 4.5k installs, 3.3k replies and only 2 donations? That's some support from the author to do that with no return.

I know, right? It would have taken a substantial amount of time to develop the mod, and for such a poor return it would dissuade them from investing in other mod development.

ForceHSS 11 Jun 2015 15:41

Where is the info on how many donations have been given I dont see that info on the op post

Alibass 11 Jun 2015 17:27

I don't see anything either plus there are other ways of contributing to this mod like placing a link in the footer of your website to their hosting company. That's were they make their money, not off donations of this mod.

Westend 16 Jun 2015 00:57

Did not install. Installed different software

MikeSheen 16 Jun 2015 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alibass (Post 2547594)
I don't see anything either plus there are other ways of contributing to this mod like placing a link in the footer of your website to their hosting company. That's were they make their money, not off donations of this mod.

There is no indication on vbulletin.org of the donations - I was referring to personal correspondence the author sent me when I dontated - the author made the effort to personally thank me for my donation, and mentioned how many they had received relating to this mod.

This mod places one link on the target forum, and it's a link to this very thread - and that can be disabled. There is an option to enable a link to be visible for their own hosting company, but it is disabled by default (an honourable and appreciated default setting).

If you think for a second that most users would enable this setting to promote their hosting service, then you are sadly mistaken - did you? If 1000 people enabled this, then maybe that meant a few new customers their way - and they wouldn't be making that much money from each customer judging from their product offerings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alibass (Post 2547594)
That's were they make their money, not off donations of this mod.

And it's where, not were.

Support what you use and value. Donate.

e24h 16 Jun 2015 12:11

I never said it did but its the way the mod is set up. I have always said this mod needs an update

SkepticalGaming 19 Jun 2015 04:29

how can i reset stats on this?

Checking 'Bad Words' in Title
by Scott.Austin
02 Jul 2015 20:36

Recently added SOM and the 'bad word' list is working great; however, it only checks the bpdy of the message and does not check the title. Spammers will post the information they want in the title and then just garbage (e.g., fkjdasfjksadljfsa) in the body of the message.

Any thoughts on how to configure SOM to check the title; as well as, the body of the message?

angelsmith 07 Jul 2015 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.Austin (Post 2549158)
Recently added SOM and the 'bad word' list is working great; however, it only checks the bpdy of the message and does not check the title. Spammers will post the information they want in the title and then just garbage (e.g., fkjdasfjksadljfsa) in the body of the message.

Any thoughts on how to configure SOM to check the title; as well as, the body of the message?

Second this. We're getting a ton of spam on a forum where the titles contain matching words in the 'bad word' list, but the body is just gibberish.
Is there a way to check the titles as well as the body?

slcousin 15 Jul 2015 09:15

Hi Guys

Anyone come across this type of error? It occurs when I mark a post for moderation and then use the spam-o-matic option in the drop down menu to delete, block and submit to the SPAM database. After clicking, screen goes to white and the following error appears

Fatal error: Class 'vBSEO_Storage' not found in /homepages/0/XXX/XXX/XXX/SMF/includes/class_dm_user.php(2350) : eval()'d code on line 1

The process still works, i.e. deleted, blocked and submitted though.

Like some of you, I stopped using VBSEO when they stopped operating, but simply disabled the plugin, never removed it.

any ideas?

Thanks

squidsk 15 Jul 2015 17:05

Remove vbseo . . . .

Hex_legend 20 Jul 2015 21:10

1 Attachment(s)
Is there any way to remove Spam-O-Matic from the postbit?

I have hidden the IPs even from Mods on the forum, but this way if they choose a post, then choose "Spam-O-Matic" and "Proceed", they can see every user's IP and email, which is not something i would like to happen :(

Attachment 152958


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.