vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

HappyFeet 03 Jan 2012 02:04

1 Attachment(s)
Found it... to turn link off in WGO box.


Attachment 135428

To remove it completely turn off all Statistics: settings

exportforce 04 Jan 2012 11:26


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thats what we get at our board on installation.
On my private board it works like a charm, so I have no idea what the problem could be.

ForceHSS 04 Jan 2012 20:59

try to manually add the table

djjeffa 05 Jan 2012 01:37

I have the same problem
im runnin3.84 and using IE Browser
Quote:

Originally Posted by solboy (Post 2083282)
I get this error when I try to delete a post as spam and ban the bot:


Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/website/public_html/includes/functions_vbghsfs.php on line 459

Even after I disabled and then uninstalled the plugin this error still exists.


ForceHSS 05 Jan 2012 01:45

functions_vbghsfs.php is not part of this hack

djjeffa 05 Jan 2012 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2283998)
functions_vbghsfs.php is not part of this hack

but it didnt start till I installed this hack and when I googled the error it came to this thread where another user who installed this hack got the same error.

ForceHSS 05 Jan 2012 07:02

you need to look at your other plugins you have removed in the passed to see what one uses that php file as it is not from the plugin

Hostboard 05 Jan 2012 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2283998)
functions_vbghsfs.php is not part of this hack

It was at one point.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=185

I would suggest re-downloading the latest version and re-installing.

eitai2001 05 Jan 2012 17:15

Hi There.

Awesome mod, thanks.
Just a small issue ... when I click the link in statistics: http://www.XXXXXX.com/forum/admin/gl...spamomatic.php ... it just says page not found. How can I fix this?

Also, where do I go to see spam registrations logged?

Thanks

Regards

Itai

Hostboard 05 Jan 2012 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by eitai2001 (Post 2284155)
Hi There.

Awesome mod, thanks.
Just a small issue ... when I click the link in statistics: http://www.XXXXXX.com/forum/admin/gl...spamomatic.php ... it just says page not found. How can I fix this?

Also, where do I go to see spam registrations logged?

Thanks

Regards

Itai

Make sure the file exists in your admin folder then make sure you have the URL correct.

dog-tag 05 Jan 2012 20:27

Just did this on the newest version of vb 4.1.9

It works wonders and I clicked installed :)

Fantastic work Sir! It's guys like you who make running forums possible.

djjeffa 06 Jan 2012 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2283998)
functions_vbghsfs.php is not part of this hack

im not saying it was but im not the first to have this problem after installing the hack

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2284036)
you need to look at your other plugins you have removed in the passed to see what one uses that php file as it is not from the plugin

it has somthing to do with this one becaues when i disable this hack i dont have this problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostboard (Post 2284119)
It was at one point.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=185

I would suggest re-downloading the latest version and re-installing.

thank you , i did but it still dose it unless i disable the hack also i am running 3.8 ans i used the newest version for 3.8 but i posted here because this was the post that showed that error

spencerp 06 Jan 2012 11:13

Getting...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

when trying to use the One Touch Ban/ Delete plugin.. Disabling this for now until there's a fix.. I'm currently using the latest plugin version of this..

TheSupportForum 06 Jan 2012 12:47

Developer : PLEASE READ

please be aware that the
Optional Affiliate System

is not optional and got annoyed when installing it after to see that
the affiliate link is shown in the footer on first install, i'd suggest you update this mod
so that all affiliate programs are disabled

+ why does this MOD has an affialiate program option its not even related to the MOD in anyway other than to make yourself money which is wrong

this is not allowed in mods
i completly removed the affiliate plugin

ForceHSS 06 Jan 2012 16:52

The coder will never answer he never logins in any more

djjeffa 06 Jan 2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2284467)
The coder will never answer he never logins in any more

Thats a shame i hate to remove this hack but its not worth keeping if i cant use it properly. Anybody have any ideal on why im having the problem?

ForceHSS 06 Jan 2012 18:01

if you need help I could have a look for you pm me if you do

djjeffa 07 Jan 2012 14:00

are there any other good supported spam hacks? this one seems to be cutting down on bots registering but the ones that get through are posting links and stuff and i have it set to stop them end i cant delet posta as spam and ban user because of the error so i have to do them seperate so its not submitting the bots. mind you im running 3.8

ForceHSS 07 Jan 2012 14:47

are you using the 3.8 version are you sure you have all the settings right if they are right no spammers should get through

djjeffa 08 Jan 2012 14:27

well i was getting about 8 bots a day joining with it on now its off and i have 36 already and we are only 9 hrs into the day. but when i had it on it was letting them put links into there sigs even tho I had it set not to let them.

ForceHSS 08 Jan 2012 17:16

as i said above if settings are not set up right then bots will register

[email protected] 09 Jan 2012 00:06

Since I installed this i get in "Who's Online"....

Guest - yogurt.glowhost.com viewing Admin Control Panel

ForceHSS 09 Jan 2012 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2285388)
Since I installed this i get in "Who's Online"....

Guest - yogurt.glowhost.com viewing Admin Control Panel

add that bot in your robots.txt if you want to not allow it to that location

Alfa1 09 Jan 2012 16:49

Does it follow robots.txt ?

I have added "glowhost" to Bad behavior blacklist, so its really blocked from accessing my site. What on earth is this bot for?

ForceHSS 09 Jan 2012 17:16

never had the bot before so not sure

Addlonfire 10 Jan 2012 09:10

This addon is awesome. Solved all my spam account problems. Thank you!

(over 1500 Spam cases blocked - 0 new spam accounts)

Webbstre 14 Jan 2012 00:40

I've had a problem where one user, who has way more than the required amount to be exempt from registration, and is in two usergroups that are exempt, STILL keeps ending up in the moderation queue when he posts. I came here to report it or get some help, but the first comments on this page disappoint me as it sounds like the author isn't here anymore. In the two months that I've had this installed, it's stopped all my spam problems though. Kinda mixed feelings on this one.

TheSupportForum 14 Jan 2012 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webbstre (Post 2287472)
I've had a problem where one user, who has way more than the required amount to be exempt from registration, and is in two usergroups that are exempt, STILL keeps ending up in the moderation queue when he posts. I came here to report it or get some help, but the first comments on this page disappoint me as it sounds like the author isn't here anymore. In the two months that I've had this installed, it's stopped all my spam problems though. Kinda mixed feelings on this one.

the easy way around this is to create a new usergroup and set all to no
i have trapped many who attempted to bypass it and can't coz their not put into default group and placed into a custom usergroup with no permissions

also ensure you have put your API keys in and review the logs dailt to submit their details to stopforumspam

Webbstre 14 Jan 2012 01:23

I think maybe I made my post confusingly... one of my users is being moderated when he shouldn't be, and it's really annoying to have to keep approving his posts when looking at my settings he should be exempt 3 ways already.

tony 14 Jan 2012 02:35

Does this take care of spam already posted? Or only as it comes in? And the same question for banning spammers.

Thanks

ElfenLied1337 14 Jan 2012 03:22

Anyone else getting a huge influx of bots, even with this enabled?

They mostly just fill out their profiles with advertisement links, never actually post, so we can't report them to the database.

MikeTrin 14 Jan 2012 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfenLied1337 (Post 2287512)
Anyone else getting a huge influx of bots, even with this enabled?

They mostly just fill out their profiles with advertisement links, never actually post, so we can't report them to the database.

India mainly, one after another. If that country didn't have so many IP ranges I'd ban the whole place. The mod Stop the Registration Bots works better than glowhost spam-o-matic for these guys.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244746

Be sure to hide the member list from non registered users and disable the homepage field.

TheSupportForum 14 Jan 2012 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webbstre (Post 2287494)
I think maybe I made my post confusingly... one of my users is being moderated when he shouldn't be, and it's really annoying to have to keep approving his posts when looking at my settings he should be exempt 3 ways already.

you can put an ignore on the user, just place the userid of the person you want it to ignore

lloyd_mcse 16 Jan 2012 22:49

Hi guys,
I just installed vb 4.1.10, and was editing the video attachment settings, hit save and got this error...
Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.10:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE vb3usergroup SET

### UPDATE QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ###
`title` = 'Registered Users',
`description` = '',
`usertitle` = '',
`opentag` = '',
`closetag` = '',
`passwordexpires` = '0',
`passwordhistory` = '0',
`forumpermissions` = '12317183',
`genericpermissions` = '1579685575',
`attachlimit` = '0',
`pmquota` = '150',
`pmpermissions` = '3',
`pmsendmax` = '5',
`pmthrottlequantity` = '0',
`calendarpermissions` = '63',
`wolpermissions` = '1',
`adminpermissions` = '0',
`genericpermissions2` = '1',
`genericoptions` = '62',
`profilepicmaxwidth` = '100',
`profilepicmaxheight` = '100',
`profilepicmaxsize` = '65535',
`avatarmaxwidth` = '100',
`avatarmaxheight` = '100',
`avatarmaxsize` = '20000',
`signaturepermissions` = '498943',
`sigpicmaxwidth` = '500',
`sigpicmaxheight` = '100',
`sigpicmaxsize` = '500000',
`sigmaxrawchars` = '1000',
`sigmaxchars` = '500',
`sigmaxlines` = '0',
`sigmaxsizebbcode` = '7',
`sigmaximages` = '4',
`sigmaxvideos` = '1',
`albumpermissions` = '255',
`albumpicmaxwidth` = '600',
`albumpicmaxheight` = '600',
`albummaxpics` = '100',
`albummaxsize` = '0',
`usercsspermissions` = '191',
`visitormessagepermissions` = '63',
`socialgrouppermissions` = '247671',
`maximumsocialgroups` = '5',
`groupiconmaxsize` = '65535',
`akvbghsfs_akismet_permissions` = '0'
WHERE usergroupid=2;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'akvbghsfs_akismet_permissions' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Monday, January 16th 2012 @ 10:28:16 PM
Error Date : Monday, January 16th 2012 @ 10:28:16 PM
Script : http://www.my-domain.com/forum/admin....php?do=update
Referrer : http://www.my-domain.com/forum/admin...&usergroupid=2
IP Address : *.*.*.*
Username : me
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8
does anyone know what this is about?
TIA

Bluemax712 16 Jan 2012 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfenLied1337 (Post 2287512)
Anyone else getting a huge influx of bots, even with this enabled?

They mostly just fill out their profiles with advertisement links, never actually post, so we can't report them to the database.

I've been using Glowhost combined with this mod which works well to
prevent new users (bots or real ones) from creating links in their profiles or anywhere

(Extra Spam Protection) Prevent Posting Of Links On User Group Per User Group Basis
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243925

RavenSteve 17 Jan 2012 02:51

For those of you who can't pull up their logs, I had renamed my admincp folder. Make sure the file glowhostspamomatic.php goes in that folder.

jdeveaux 17 Jan 2012 16:08

Looks Great thus far. One change I made was in the Give thanks. The default text of "Web Hosting" is a bit generic. Now reads "Spam-O-Matic provided by GlowHost.com" on our site.

Any plans for a paid version? Sorry I have not read through the hundreds of posts :-)

problem
by Dialsoft
17 Jan 2012 22:28

we installed this mod on our forum which is 4.1.10 suite when I activate it locks all users from posting including me. is there something I am not setting correctly?

ForceHSS 17 Jan 2012 23:29

show screenshot of settings

Dialsoft 18 Jan 2012 02:22

4 Attachment(s)
image0
image1
image2
image3

ForceHSS 18 Jan 2012 09:25

Spam-O-Matic: Protect Users = use ids not names
Akismet: Enable = yes
Akismet: Post Count = 0
Akismet: API Key = get key from http://akismet.com
Akismet: Auto-submit from Easy Cleanup = yes
StopForumSpam = Username Check: Disable
StopForumSpam = API Key get key from http://www.stopforumspam.com
StopForumSpam: Auto-submit from Easy Cleanup = yes
Newbies Manager: Newbies Group ID = 4 this is normally 4 you have it at 17 do check that
Newbies Manager: Auto-promote Users From Newbies To Trusted/Registered Users? = no
Auto-Moderation: Minimum Post Count = 1
Easy Cleanup: Enable = Enabled
Affiliate System: Enable = Disable turn this off as you dont have a Affiliate ID
Affiliate System: Link text = leave blank
Credits: Give Thanks = no

TheSupportForum 18 Jan 2012 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialsoft (Post 2289207)

screenshot 1 is wrong put iserid's not usernames

ForceHSS 18 Jan 2012 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonhind (Post 2289312)
screenshot 1 is wrong put iserid's not usernames

if you check my above post you will see I already said that

Dialsoft 18 Jan 2012 18:19

i made all changes that you recommended when you try to post it still does not function.

ForceHSS 18 Jan 2012 19:32

have you checked user group permissions

Dialsoft 19 Jan 2012 02:59

permissions are all checked on admin group and we still cannot post

ForceHSS 19 Jan 2012 11:48

pm me with the site url and a admin login will have a look for you also make me a normal test account as well

BUDIMAN 23 Jan 2012 03:33

can you show me the best setting on this plugin ??

cruspeed 23 Jan 2012 04:52

I am getting the "spam-o-matic" showing up in the what's going on box, but there are no stats showing.

All the Statistics: in the admin cp are set to "yes"

cruspeed 23 Jan 2012 04:54

Nevermind, no one has been blocked yet......

Ski4People 27 Jan 2012 14:49

Great mod, but...
I activated just the stopforumspam to prevent spammers registration, ip check , email check and username check all enabled and spam-o-matic blocked some regular registration because a user set the username, for example, "John" and it is included into the stopforumspam database, but not the chosen email or ip, so why isn't there a combined check (ip AND email AND username = SPAMMER)?
Now I have just to disable ip check and username check and keep just the email check.

ForceHSS 27 Jan 2012 14:53

turn off the username part of it only I find it does block normal user as well

djbaxter 27 Jan 2012 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeNet (Post 2293041)
Great mod, but...
I activated just the stopforumspam to prevent spammers registration, ip check , email check and username check all enabled and spam-o-matic blocked some regular registration because a user set the username, for example, "John" and it is included into the stopforumspam database, but not the chosen email or ip, so why isn't there a combined check (ip AND email AND username = SPAMMER)?
Now I have just to disable ip check and username check and keep just the email check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2293044)
turn off the username part of it only I find it does block normal user as well

I agree. Leave the email and IP checks enabled.

Ski4People 27 Jan 2012 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2293044)
turn off the username part of it only I find it does block normal user as well

As i wrote above, now I keep just the email check, 'cause also regular IP are banned...

Alfa1 27 Jan 2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeNet (Post 2293050)
As i wrote above, now I keep just the email check, 'cause also regular IP are banned...

IPs have to be used by spammers to get into the SFS database. If a user gets a spammer IP address from their provider, they should contact their provider to get a new IP address.

Ski4People 27 Jan 2012 19:11

Here in Italy (and I guess for other countries) most of internet connection get a dynamic ip address, so it could be easy to get a banned IP, but IMHO this mod could be improved by a multi check IP/email/username, I also own a phpBB forum and use this little mod to prevent spammers, and it perform this multi check that works very well.

Alfa1 28 Jan 2012 13:16

Yes, thats a good point. I think its also important to take into the equation how many times an IP address has been used by spammers.

cbiweb 01 Feb 2012 00:48

I installed this and tested it by registering with a fastmail.fm email address, and was blocked as a spammer. But of course I am not spammer, but it seems this mod thinks fastmail addresses are automatically spam? There may be many legitimate people with a fastmail address, who won't be able to register at my site because of this mod. How do I work around this?

edit: Okay, maybe it wasn't the email address. I tried it with a different one and still couldn't register. It seems my username was blocked??? It was a common first name: Warren. And yet I could not register with it. That doesn't seem workable.

Ski4People 01 Feb 2012 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 2294806)
I installed this and tested it by registering with a fastmail.fm email address, and was blocked as a spammer. But of course I am not spammer, but it seems this mod thinks fastmail addresses are automatically spam? There may be many legitimate people with a fastmail address, who won't be able to register at my site because of this mod. How do I work around this?

edit: Okay, maybe it wasn't the email address. I tried it with a different one and still couldn't register. It seems my username was blocked??? It was a common first name: Warren. And yet I could not register with it. That doesn't seem workable.

It works well if you use just the email check

jkcerda 01 Feb 2012 06:21

is there a way to make it work with the blogs? I dont see an option to kill the spammers that are blogging.

Syxguns 01 Feb 2012 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcerda (Post 2294863)
is there a way to make it work with the blogs? I dont see an option to kill the spammers that are blogging.

That permissions can be set within vB. using permissions. You can set Unregistered users to not be able to leave a post, but they can still view the blog.

jkcerda 01 Feb 2012 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxguns (Post 2294898)
That permissions can be set within vB. using permissions. You can set Unregistered users to not be able to leave a post, but they can still view the blog.

let me rephrase, I have spammers STILL joining & blogging instead of posting, ALL spammers seem to go to the blog section, there have been no spam post, just spam blogs.
I see no way to turn in the spam bloggers

ForceHSS 01 Feb 2012 18:01

then set it so members cant post to the blog and make a new group that can

gezuvor 01 Feb 2012 19:06

LOVE THIS MOD!!! HAS SAVED MY FORUM!!

But, I have a problem. I read through a ton of these pages and don't seem to see a clear response. All of my new registrants are put into a "newbie" usergroup and get moved to the Registered usergroup once they hit a certain post count.

The problem is that all of the newbie posts are going into the moderation queue, which is a giant pain in the backend for myself and the moderators. I have restricted this group to disable URLs, signatures, etc. but they are not restricted from posting topics or replies.

Help!

ForceHSS 01 Feb 2012 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezuvor (Post 2295073)
LOVE THIS MOD!!! HAS SAVED MY FORUM!!

But, I have a problem. I read through a ton of these pages and don't seem to see a clear response. All of my new registrants are put into a "newbie" usergroup and get moved to the Registered usergroup once they hit a certain post count.

The problem is that all of the newbie posts are going into the moderation queue, which is a giant pain in the backend for myself and the moderators. I have restricted this group to disable URLs, signatures, etc. but they are not restricted from posting topics or replies.

Help!

if you check the settings of this program you will see where to turn that off

gezuvor 01 Feb 2012 20:41

I have it disabled already. I just enabled it and will disable it again in a bit to see if that corrects the issue. Tempted to uninstall and reinstall...

Alfa1 02 Feb 2012 05:48

Check the settings, to turn the moderation for the newbie group off.

gezuvor 02 Feb 2012 18:59

In the GlowHost settings or Usergroup settings? It is off on the GlowHost page.

ForceHSS 02 Feb 2012 19:51

glowhost settings

gezuvor 02 Feb 2012 22:00

I am pretty sure I have it disabled in the GlowHost settings. Here is a screen capture showing that entire page...

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2012/02/50.jpg

Would love to get this thing working...

Alfa1 02 Feb 2012 22:53

Set this to NO
http://s3.amazonaws.com/awesome_scre...%2BpWPA0xNE%3Dhttp://awesomescreenshot.com/000th3hc0

Do not put new users in the newbies group. Your settings should not cause many posts to be moderated. IF it does send many posts to the moderation queue, then turn this off. You can use vbulletin promotions, to send users to a newbie usergroup. Configure usergroup permissions for newbie usergroup to apply restrictive permissions. Then add another promotion, to promote newbies to another usergroup if they receive more than X reputation points.

gezuvor 03 Feb 2012 01:08

I'll try that, thank you Alfa1!

alaska_av8r 03 Feb 2012 04:23

I am new to this mod and noticed today that it had placed 4 spammy posts in moderation cue. So I went to the vb ACP moderation panel. I only see one post and it is by a legitimate user with nothing to indicate spam, so I selected validate on the bottom left, then clicked save. The screen well went sort of blank, it did not show anything so I had to click the menu to the left to moderate post again and it was still there. So I did this again. Same result.

The post the user had made was a comment on an article in the CMS, so I finally disabled the mod, found the post in the vbcms comment section of the forum. Then I moderated it there and selected approve posts, still no luck, but then I cleared the CMS cache and had to rebuild the tables to get the post to show.

If I auto-moderate post, what is the proper procedure to approve them and get them to show if this happens again?

thanks

AbvAvg 06 Feb 2012 13:08

I tried to import this file in Product Manager and get the message "Invalid File Specified".
It is vB 4.1.10

Am I doing something wrong?

Update: Sorry. Was trying wrong file. My bad.

matt27 06 Feb 2012 22:02

A fantastic mod, thanks very much.

cool_recep 07 Feb 2012 21:00

Can you add the option to remove visitor messages of the spammer please?

Alibass 07 Feb 2012 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_recep (Post 2297258)
Can you add the option to remove visitor messages of the spammer please?

Turn it off in the user group.

RobertoMuggli 08 Feb 2012 16:54

Working very well on 4.1.5 PL1, thank you!

squidsk 08 Feb 2012 16:54

I'm pretty sure he means that if you ban a user as a spammer you can currently remove posts, and the request is add the ability to remove visitor messages as well. If visitor messages are being added removing social group messages would be nice too.

marianoblesa 09 Feb 2012 23:50

Not Work on 4.1.10, please update, help

I.G.O.T.A. 10 Feb 2012 01:55

Not working on vB 4.1.10. :(

Papa Bear 10 Feb 2012 02:25

yes it does.i run it on 4.1.10 works fine..

I.G.O.T.A. 10 Feb 2012 02:44

Strange. I will have to reload it.

I.G.O.T.A. 10 Feb 2012 02:53

I took it out and reloaded it. I don't have these setting below a user.


GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic
You can ban or remove the user along with removing all the posts and submitting profile details to StopForumSpam.com:
Ban user
Remove user
Remove All Posts
Submit to StopForumSpam.com

ForceHSS 10 Feb 2012 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTASTi (Post 2298099)
I took it out and reloaded it. I don't have these setting below a user.


GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic
You can ban or remove the user along with removing all the posts and submitting profile details to StopForumSpam.com:
Ban user
Remove user
Remove All Posts
Submit to StopForumSpam.com

Moderation Tools then you will see Spam O Matic normally last on list

Luffy-9 12 Feb 2012 14:07

I've notice that the mod prevent some real user from registration and deal with them as spammers. !!!

Any suggestions I can keep the spammers away but I can't lose users too :S

Ddiablo 12 Feb 2012 14:13

work fine in my 4.1.10 tanks a lot

http://inforsat.org

ForceHSS 12 Feb 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luffy-9 (Post 2298881)
I've notice that the mod prevent some real user from registration and deal with them as spammers. !!!

Any suggestions I can keep the spammers away but I can't lose users too :S

StopForumSpam: Username Check = Disabled

squidsk 12 Feb 2012 17:08

On our site we only have email address used for blocking spammers, and its cut down spam tremendously.

cbiweb 13 Feb 2012 15:11

Username check is disabled on my forum, but there is a new member whose posts keep getting sent to moderation. He is a lawyer, his registration email address uses the domain of his website, and his posts don't have links in them. Any idea what I need to check to prevent this from happening to him and to other legitimate new members?

ForceHSS 14 Feb 2012 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 2299265)
Username check is disabled on my forum, but there is a new member whose posts keep getting sent to moderation. He is a lawyer, his registration email address uses the domain of his website, and his posts don't have links in them. Any idea what I need to check to prevent this from happening to him and to other legitimate new members?

you would need to go into the sql table and remove his info as his ip, name or email has been flagged already

KProjects 14 Feb 2012 14:31

This mod mentions "Easy Cleanup" in its settings page - I've had some spammers that i've banned and they're not being sent to the stopforumspam database.. what exactly is 'Easy Cleanup'?

Here's how i'd normally ban someone:
Find their spam post that's in moderation.. select it and 'delete post as spam' in the dropdown.
I'll select 'delete other posts by this person' and 'ban this person' from the next page..

When I check on stopforumspam.com's database, it's showing that I haven't submitted anyone yet. I do have an API key set up w/ them and have it enabled/entered in my glowhost spam settings.

Thanks,
Rob

Alfa1 14 Feb 2012 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 2299265)
Username check is disabled on my forum, but there is a new member whose posts keep getting sent to moderation. He is a lawyer, his registration email address uses the domain of his website, and his posts don't have links in them. Any idea what I need to check to prevent this from happening to him and to other legitimate new members?

Check his IP on stopforumspam.com
If the IP was used by spammers, tell him that he should complain to his ISP.

ForceHSS 14 Feb 2012 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KProjects (Post 2299594)
This mod mentions "Easy Cleanup" in its settings page - I've had some spammers that i've banned and they're not being sent to the stopforumspam database.. what exactly is 'Easy Cleanup'?

Here's how i'd normally ban someone:
Find their spam post that's in moderation.. select it and 'delete post as spam' in the dropdown.
I'll select 'delete other posts by this person' and 'ban this person' from the next page..

When I check on stopforumspam.com's database, it's showing that I haven't submitted anyone yet. I do have an API key set up w/ them and have it enabled/entered in my glowhost spam settings.

Thanks,
Rob

in Moderation Tools pick Spam-O-Matic option you will see this at the bottom of the last post

KProjects 14 Feb 2012 16:53

Ugg.. i'm dumb. I've never seen that.. heh. Been using it for probably close to a year :)

Thanks,
Rob

Cloudrunner 14 Feb 2012 23:41

I have had to uninstall this particular addon much to my chagrin mainly because while it's running, my users are getting an issue of not being able to post. They are receiving an error of "Your post is too short" when they try to post anything, like their post is being emptied after this mod scans the post.

Anyone have any thoughts on this as I noticed by going through posts that this has happened with a couple of folks and it goes unanswered.

cbiweb 14 Feb 2012 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 2299265)
Username check is disabled on my forum, but there is a new member whose posts keep getting sent to moderation. He is a lawyer, his registration email address uses the domain of his website, and his posts don't have links in them. Any idea what I need to check to prevent this from happening to him and to other legitimate new members?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2299520)
you would need to go into the sql table and remove his info as his ip, name or email has been flagged already


What do you mean by remove his info? Delete him altogether?? I looked at three places in phpMyAdmin (glowhostspamomatic_log, glowhostspamomatic_remotecahe and glowhostspamomatic_stats), and see the info, but what do I delete or edit without nuking his account?

edit: I've discovered this note in the database regarding the member's posts: "Post put under moderation based on Akismet result". So it seems the Akismet feature is causing the problem. How do I resolve that?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 2299612)
Check his IP on stopforumspam.com
If the IP was used by spammers, tell him that he should complain to his ISP.

Good suggestion, thanks, but nothing turned up there.

Alfa1 15 Feb 2012 00:24

Then check the log and see why he was rejected.

ForceHSS 15 Feb 2012 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 2299761)
What do you mean by remove his info? Delete him altogether?? I looked at three places in phpMyAdmin (glowhostspamomatic_log, glowhostspamomatic_remotecahe and glowhostspamomatic_stats), and see the info, but what do I delete or edit without nuking his account?

edit: I've discovered this note in the database regarding the member's posts: "Post put under moderation based on Akismet result". So it seems the Akismet feature is causing the problem. How do I resolve that?



Good suggestion, thanks, but nothing turned up there.

if he has already registered then this does not apply

marcshaw 16 Feb 2012 19:27

hello all, im new to this site and new to VB, i have installed this mod on our forum and so far its fantastic. but i do have a question, we have had spammers banned pretty much as soon as they enter the forum either by the system or other mods. if we have a banned member with no posts, can we "one touch ban" them? it would be really nice (for newbies like me) to have a "ban and clean" button on each members profile page. or have i just missed something?

thanks for reading, and keep up the good work,

Marc


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.