vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Bluemax712 26 Feb 2013 02:26

So as far as these two options:

1) vB Options - Spam Management
Anti-Spam Service
--Disabled
--Akismet
--Typepad Antispam Beta

2) Options - GlowHost Spam-O-Matic
- Askimet:Enabled

Would it make sense to set the first one to Typepad Antispam Beta
That way Askimet won't be scanning the message twice and will have 2 different scans?

john2k 28 Feb 2013 04:19

Possible Bug:

I have Auto-Moderation: Post Action set to Moderate Post. The SOM log shows that a spammy post was detected and set to moderated, however there are not posts or threads waiting to be moderated.

Looks like SOM ignored my Auto-Moderation: Post Action setting and deleted the post anyway.

ForceHSS 28 Feb 2013 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by john2k (Post 2406866)
Possible Bug:

I have Auto-Moderation: Post Action set to Moderate Post. The SOM log shows that a spammy post was detected and set to moderated, however there are not posts or threads waiting to be moderated.

Looks like SOM ignored my Auto-Moderation: Post Action setting and deleted the post anyway.

You would be best to ask your other mods first also check admin stats you will see it when you login to admin panel if you have it turned on also check mod logs

john2k 28 Feb 2013 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2406868)
You would be best to ask your other mods first also check admin stats you will see it when you login to admin panel if you have it turned on also check mod logs

No other moderators on the site so I'm the only one with access to the moderation queue.

chaz7979 28 Feb 2013 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alibass (Post 2406358)
Now mate you're getting out of line here by telling me what I should know or not know as a forum owner. I think you need to drop it now!


Is this guy serious?

ForceHSS 28 Feb 2013 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz7979 (Post 2406880)
Is this guy serious?

I laughed myself, what's he going to do come to my home lol

Spangle 28 Feb 2013 17:19

stopforumspam is no longer handing out API keys.

mykkal 28 Feb 2013 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spangle (Post 2407016)
stopforumspam is no longer handing out API keys.

How do you know this? Did they make an announcement? What is their preferred way of communicating with their service then?

Alibass 28 Feb 2013 18:15

http://www.stopforumspam.com/signup

Spangle 28 Feb 2013 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykkal (Post 2407024)
How do you know this? Did they make an announcement? What is their preferred way of communicating with their service then?

I found it in a couple of clicks !


They are still issuing blacklisted IP's and usernames, so you can manually add those, best to put them in your IP deny manager via cpanel, that way they get nowhere hear the registration page.
I'm a newbie but I think you can also put the usernames in the block list in the ACP

mykkal 28 Feb 2013 18:42

oh well... that sucks but i'm glad I have one. I catch a few of those spammers everyday

Spangle 28 Feb 2013 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykkal (Post 2407032)
oh well... that sucks but i'm glad I have one. I catch a few of those spammers everyday

I use everything I can, but this MOD has really helped, I was plagued this morning, but not a single spammer has got through in over three hours, so it must be working

john2k 04 Mar 2013 19:42

SOM reports "5 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated" on my forums front page.... however, when I look in the moderation queue there is nothing.

Any idea what might be causing the auto moderated posts to not be placed in the moderation queue?

squidsk 05 Mar 2013 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by john2k (Post 2407910)
SOM reports "5 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated" on my forums front page.... however, when I look in the moderation queue there is nothing.

Any idea what might be causing the auto moderated posts to not be placed in the moderation queue?

You might have it set to automatically delete them in which case it wouldn't be in the moderation queue.

john2k 05 Mar 2013 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidsk (Post 2407960)
You might have it set to automatically delete them in which case it wouldn't be in the moderation queue.

I have the "Auto-Moderation: Post Action" set to 'Moderate Post'

Not sure what else might be interfering in it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.