vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236888

SimonB 19 Jul 2012 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkBullitt (Post 2349398)
will this work on VB 4.2?

I'm also keen to find out... I'm tearing my hair out trying to get responses from anyone who develops garage plug-ins for VB4.2. Sadly DTO cant be bothered to answer emails, vHoist seems to have been still-born...

Anybody else got any ideas?

Bilderback 19 Jul 2012 18:38

yawn... sadly after reading 61 pages of repetitive posts, I still cant seem to get this installed properly to 4.2
It appears that there may be an error in the xml file?
For some reason, many database tables are not installing.
I have tried multiple attempts at reinstall and debugging with no luck.
Apache version 2.2.22
PHP version 5.3.13
MySQL version 5.1.63-cll
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux

Issue: Missing database tables
Below are the only tables that are being installed:
vb_garage_blocks
vb_garage_colors
vb_garage_currency
vb_garage_engine_type
vb_garage_generation
vb_garage_guestbooks
vb_garage_trims Browse
vb_garage_vehicle_classes

I briefly examined the xml and could not find an error as of yet but still looking.

Dylanblitz 19 Jul 2012 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilderback (Post 2349592)
yawn... sadly after reading 61 pages of repetitive posts, I still cant seem to get this installed properly to 4.2
It appears that there may be an error in the xml file?
For some reason, many database tables are not installing.
I have tried multiple attempts at reinstall and debugging with no luck.
Apache version 2.2.22
PHP version 5.3.13
MySQL version 5.1.63-cll
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux

Issue: Missing database tables
Below are the only tables that are being installed:
vb_garage_blocks
vb_garage_colors
vb_garage_currency
vb_garage_engine_type
vb_garage_generation
vb_garage_guestbooks
vb_garage_trims Browse
vb_garage_vehicle_classes

I briefly examined the xml and could not find an error as of yet but still looking.

It should work on 4.2. I have my local dev running on 4.2 and it's fine, but it was originally installed on 3.6 and upgraded over the years heh.
I'll get a fresh install of 4.2 going this weekend and do a fresh garage install to see if I can find the problem.

Bilderback 19 Jul 2012 20:49

Ok, I got it installed.
Apparently some db queries use ENGINE=MyISAM and others use TYPE=MyISAM
After changing about 13 entries of TYPE to ENGINE in the xml, it installed fine.

SimonB 20 Jul 2012 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilderback (Post 2349641)
Ok, I got it installed.
Apparently some db queries use ENGINE=MyISAM and others use TYPE=MyISAM
After changing about 13 entries of TYPE to ENGINE in the xml, it installed fine.

Bilderback, would you be so kind as to post what the fixes you made were? Just do a replace of one for the other?

SimonB 20 Jul 2012 13:35

1 Attachment(s)
OK, got it installed but the admincp menu for it looks odd. Looks like some menu definitions are missing

See attachment.

Also doesn't install the menu item in the navbar, even though I'm logged in as admin

Bilderback 20 Jul 2012 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonB (Post 2349820)
OK, got it installed but the admincp menu for it looks odd. Looks like some menu definitions are missing
See attachment.
Also doesn't install the menu item in the navbar, even though I'm logged in as admin

That happened to me during one install attempt. (missing phrases) Not sure why but reinstalled language and menu worked great.
There is a plugin rewrite for the navbar if your running vB4.2 here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...18#post2334918

I guess you figured out the XML file. I cant remember exactly how many changes there were (approx. 13) but at the end of each database query in the garage install XML, I changed some from TYPE to ENGINE. You should see that the first few use ENGINE and then it uses TYPE.

SimonB 20 Jul 2012 16:40

Thanks

All up and running. Do you know if there is any way to create custom text blocks, things like mods to supension engine tuning etc, similar to the old DTO Garage

I also need to disable timeslips - we're offroaders, not racers :)

Dylanblitz 20 Jul 2012 17:04

There is a vB settings page where you can disable the timeslips section.

Right now custom fields need to be added through plugins. The new version I'm working on (which seems to be taking forever) will have an area in the ACP to add custom fields a lot easier.

SimonB 20 Jul 2012 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylanblitz (Post 2349864)
There is a vB settings page where you can disable the timeslips section.

Right now custom fields need to be added through plugins. The new version I'm working on (which seems to be taking forever) will have an area in the ACP to add custom fields a lot easier.

Thanks Dylan

I'm guessing developing the plugins requires some good coding knowledge:erm:

Bilderback 20 Jul 2012 19:52

Just a couple questions.
1. [solved]Is there a debug feature so that I can display any errors within the vehicle submit form?
The garage suddenly stopped working = vehicle submissions go to blank page with nothing added.
I can go to Add Vehicle, enter no information and submit empty form with no errors
Solution: If your site is setup to use www. in the domain prefix, it also must be entered with the www. prefix in the garage URL.
My issue was the missing www. prefix so the form began with the prefix and submitted without it.
Most likely a token wasnt being passed.

2. [solved]Are there new features or fixes in the commercial version that do not exist in the free mod?
Solution: http://www.vbprogarage.com/forums/sh...censed-version
Thanks

SimonB 21 Jul 2012 20:41

1 Attachment(s)
My vehicle submission form looks really tacky, almost as is it's missing some style information

Not only that but the calendar doesn't display any of the forward/back buttons normally associated with a calendar. Although they are there - you just have to know they exist.

Also, the calender doesn't honour the default date format

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1342903224

Dylanblitz 23 Jul 2012 06:37

Some of that is known bugs. Look at the bug section up top and the 4th and 5th ones will take care of the extra fields.

If you want to PM me a link with an account that has access I'll take a look at the calendar thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonB (Post 2350243)
My vehicle submission form looks really tacky, almost as is it's missing some style information

Not only that but the calendar doesn't display any of the forward/back buttons normally associated with a calendar. Although they are there - you just have to know they exist.

Also, the calender doesn't honour the default date format

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1342903224

SimonB 23 Jul 2012 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylanblitz (Post 2350631)
Some of that is known bugs. Look at the bug section up top and the 4th and 5th ones will take care of the extra fields.

If you want to PM me a link with an account that has access I'll take a look at the calendar thing.

Thanks. I didn't pick up on the bug list - will attend to that when I get the chance.

I'll send you the PM.

SimonB 24 Jul 2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonB (Post 2350652)
Thanks. I didn't pick up on the bug list - will attend to that when I get the chance.

I'll send you the PM.

Cool. Done and sorted :)