vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231666

Rofo 05 May 2011 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2189057)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram94401 (Post 2192408)
I tried to install this on VB 4.13, got the error message "This hack is not compatible with 4.13"

Did you see this?

ram94401 06 May 2011 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rofo (Post 2192411)
Did you see this?

Thanks Rofo, I didn't know. I will check it out.

Danny M 06 May 2011 21:59

Anyone know how to change the text from "Thanked x Times in x Posts" to say "Thanks Received: x" in a users profile next to their post.

haytham 09 May 2011 15:23

When I try to check my PM or any other member tries to use the PM system, we get this error:
Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM post_thanks AS post_thanks INNER JOIN user AS user USING (userid) WHERE post_thanks.postid IN () ORDER BY post_thanks.username ASC;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY post_thanks.username ASC' at line 1
Error Number : 1064

Can any one explain please???

Badshah93 09 May 2011 19:24

i installed the hack in vbulletin 4.1.3 but it doesn't show anything. i uploaded that fixed one also, but doesn't work.

Mark.B 10 May 2011 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by haytham (Post 2193649)
When I try to check my PM or any other member tries to use the PM system, we get this error:
Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM post_thanks AS post_thanks INNER JOIN user AS user USING (userid) WHERE post_thanks.postid IN () ORDER BY post_thanks.username ASC;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY post_thanks.username ASC' at line 1
Error Number : 1064

Can any one explain please???

This version of the modification is for vB4.

You need the older 3.8 version - check Abe1's profile, it's listed there.

FASEOFMARS 10 May 2011 02:46

dont work.......

djbaxter 10 May 2011 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASEOFMARS (Post 2193863)
dont work.......

Bad advice. How are you going to pay your rent and buy dinner? Not to mention your hosting fees...

Hecpilot 10 May 2011 03:12

Funny, I was thinking the same thing myself.

To the original poster, if you provide more details about your problem, you will find many nice people on this forum that will help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2193867)
Bad advice. How are you going to pay your rent and buy dinner? Not to mention your hosting fees...

pixelkicker 10 May 2011 17:35

I'm running 4.1.3 - is there a version out there of this hack for version 4.1.*?? I get an error saying it's incompatible when importing the .xml file.

Hippy 11 May 2011 00:25

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1501

mishb68 11 May 2011 05:24

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really confused.

I downloaded the zipped file with all the files and folders in it and I'm ready to install it on 4.1.3 but until I download something else, or make some changes somewhere it's not going to be compatible? I see there are extra files to download in the thread but they are just single PHP files with no instruction on what to do with them.

I'd love to install this mod on my board but being relatively non technical ( I barely manage) I have no idea what to do.

Is there any chance of a fresh thread with full instructions & a new zip file to download for those wanting to install on 4.1.3?

Thanks,

Vaira 11 May 2011 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2183610)
Just a little note that Abe was far from the first person to create a thanks mod (It's very likely he got the idea elsewhere), and our modification does not use any code from Abe's mod - it is created from scratch with many more features than Abe's mod had =).

The idea of it being morally questionable to be paid for ones work seems odd to me, most people do not work for free, including yourself in all likelyhood :)

Iain

You have missed the point. You have included the importer which reads abe1's tables into your paid version with the intention to make more profit. You know that abe1 has canceled support and that many of us are using his hack already.
To get paid for own work is out of question. Compared to your free version it is almost no effort to write a script that reads tables. Almost no effort to have most profit. Profit made because of the fact that we are using abe1's tables already.

If I am wrong than just provide the importer at your free version as well.
Anything else is pointless arguing to me.
If you would provide the importer at the free version as well, your profit will decrease. I know that and you know that and hence it is available at your paid version only ;)

Hippy 11 May 2011 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishb68 (Post 2194296)
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really confused.

I downloaded the zipped file with all the files and folders in it and I'm ready to install it on 4.1.3 but until I download something else, or make some changes somewhere it's not going to be compatible? I see there are extra files to download in the thread but they are just single PHP files with no instruction on what to do with them.

I'd love to install this mod on my board but being relatively non technical ( I barely manage) I have no idea what to do.

Is there any chance of a fresh thread with full instructions & a new zip file to download for those wanting to install on 4.1.3?

Thanks,

this is the updated fixed version..

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1433
since it's mo longer suported a few are trying to help keep it working

FASEOFMARS 12 May 2011 02:51

cool i'll give it a try.....