vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327080

Account Deletion aka "Delete My Account"
by TheLastSuperman
07 Feb 2019 14:19

Due to GDPR compliance we will take account deletion requests in this thread.

Edit: We have revised this for vbulletin.org and will be taking the same stance as vbulletin.com forums i.e. if you request account deletion we will comply no matter where you reside (within the US vs EU etc).

Guest0321 12 Mar 2019 02:42

Please delete my account as soon as possible. And on vbulletin.com too. All account information. Please and thank you kindly.

TheLastSuperman 21 Mar 2019 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest0321
Please delete my account as soon as possible. And on vbulletin.com too. All account information. Please and thank you kindly.

I just put in a request for this, also asked if they can remove from vb.com as well so you don't have to follow up, no promises but at least it will be taken care of on the org soon and apologies for the delay :cool:.

jagtpf 23 May 2019 09:43

May I ask what you do to delete threads/posts in their entirety. Using the inbuilt options of vB don't delete - just shuffle the threads/posts into a usergroup called Guest but retains usernames on display.

I've had to remove one member's account under GDPR request, over 12k posts - the only way I could do it was to use the prune options - but even then a few were left.

Is there a mod available - I cam here to have a look and noticed this....

Joshua G. 23 May 2019 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagtpf (Post 2599366)
May I ask what you do to delete threads/posts in their entirety. Using the inbuilt options of vB don't delete - just shuffle the threads/posts into a usergroup called Guest but retains usernames on display.

I've had to remove one member's account under GDPR request, over 12k posts - the only way I could do it was to use the prune options - but even then a few were left.

Is there a mod available - I cam here to have a look and noticed this....

We do not delete threads and posts, not typically anyway. What we do now is change the username before deleting the user so the username doesn't remain on their threads and posts.

jagtpf 24 May 2019 06:06

Thanks Joshua....

Guest192405 24 May 2019 12:05

Please delete my account and its associated data here and on any other websites you - as in whoever owns vbulletin.org - own. A short confirmation to my email address as provided in my profile would be appreciated as I won't be able to come back here to check.

Thanks & good luck for your future!