vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192344

TheInsaneManiac 23 Nov 2008 19:11

Request:
When you deleted a soft deleted post or thread, it doesn't resend a PM...

fixer 23 Nov 2008 23:40

Hi

How can we prevent the hack from sending pm after we delete a soft deleted post???

Delphiprogrammi 24 Nov 2008 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixer (Post 1671629)
Hi

How can we prevent the hack from sending pm after we delete a soft deleted post???

i have added this you can now choose if you want a pm for "physicaldeleted" threads / posts

Delphiprogrammi 24 Nov 2008 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 1671490)
Request:
When you deleted a soft deleted post or thread, it doesn't resend a PM...

so you want it to also send a pm when a soft deleted post / thread becomes hard deleted ?

i have added the "physicaldelete" options you can now choose if you'd like to send a pm for it

Keyser Söze 25 Nov 2008 12:07

so whats new in v3?

yhdf 25 Nov 2008 14:15

good Work . Thanks

TheInsaneManiac 25 Nov 2008 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi (Post 1671876)
so you want it to also send a pm when a soft deleted post / thread becomes hard deleted ?

i have added the "physicaldelete" options you can now choose if you'd like to send a pm for it

I think you misunderstood. When we soft delete a post it sends a private message saying it was deleted, however I do not like seeing topics soft deleted so I will physically delete them, which in turn sends out another private message saying their post has been deleted. So it's sending two PMs for the same post.

Delphiprogrammi 25 Nov 2008 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Söze (Post 1672632)
so whats new in v3?

two new options for psychical deletions (yes / no options) under Thread Moderation Options and Post Moderation Options

Delphiprogrammi 25 Nov 2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 1672813)
I think you misunderstood. When we soft delete a post it sends a private message saying it was deleted, however I do not like seeing topics soft deleted so I will physically delete them, which in turn sends out another private message saying their post has been deleted. So it's sending two PMs for the same post.

oh allright in that case you can set the new options to "no" then no pm will be sended for psychical deletions

TheInsaneManiac 29 Nov 2008 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi (Post 1672940)
oh allright in that case you can set the new options to "no" then no pm will be sended for psychical deletions

That defeats the purpose. I want it to send a psychical deletion message, but I don't want it to send a psychical deletion message when it was already soft deleted. Do you understand what I am saying?

sheryjutt 30 Nov 2008 01:45

wowwww that's good ;)
Nominated ;))

it's 1000000000000 % fit for my Forum

Delphiprogrammi 04 Dec 2008 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 1675268)
That defeats the purpose. I want it to send a psychical deletion message, but I don't want it to send a psychical deletion message when it was already soft deleted. Do you understand what I am saying?

yes you do not want the "duplicate" pm's but that's hard to implement there is no way for the system to "remember" wheter it issued a soft or hard delete (not as far as i know) althrough something might be possible with the deletetype variable vBulletin uses

Scandal 13 Dec 2008 16:39

Great addon!
BUT... my site's language is greek (ISO 8859-7) and I have a problem with the charset.
The field "Reason" is writing in greek language and on the auto-pm does not appear correctly. :(:(

How could I change the charset for this mod? (I think that from "default" it is ISO 8859-1)

Hornstar 15 Dec 2008 23:46

awesome. installed and working good, will let you know if anything comes up.

Hornstar 16 Dec 2008 00:51

Major bug:

When trying to close a thread or edit a thread it gives me an error saying unable to save thread or edit thread in this forum. disabled the product and my site works again.