vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325062

3.8.11 & Other Updates
by Paul M
10 May 2017 18:52

JFYI.

The final release of 3.8.11 was done today.

vBulletin.org will be upgrading to 3.8.11 in the next week.

Additionally, we will be switching the site to SSL in the next week or two.

alcazarx 11 May 2017 19:21

Great news.
Even the administration declined any updates in the past (amongst other due to modifications) finally there will be updates :rolleyes: :p
Thanks.

Paul M 12 May 2017 01:21

Finally ?

You do know we have been running the latest versions for about the last 12 months ?

Phillip 12 May 2017 08:22

Always a great update to see with the 3.8 version. Thanks.

hassan_2017 14 May 2017 22:13

Thanks

NSanityHD 15 May 2017 17:12

How come the site hasn't been updated to the latest vBulletin software?

Dave 15 May 2017 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSanityHD (Post 2586548)
How come the site hasn't been updated to the latest vBulletin software?

Paul stated next week (which is this week). The week just started..

Brandon Sheley 17 May 2017 04:38

congrats :)

Paul M 18 May 2017 14:23

Updates have been completed.

Alice 08 Dec 2019 14:50

Honestly, I love vb4 more than vb5, and I love vb3 more than both!! Heck, I still use three in one of my communities. I've been using 3.8.11, so I'll have to upgrade. hehe

lange 11 Dec 2019 12:41

Same here, I prefer 3.8.X over vB4.x and vB5 (I have an active vB5 license too).

So, you don't have to upgrade to PHP5.x. Im not a coder but you can find a PHP coder to upgrade 3.8.11 to PHP7.2 +. How to hire a coder: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-vb-programmer

That's what I did. Im running 7.2.23 right now on cPanel. The source code in my version is called vB3.8.PHP7273 and it is working fine with my current 3.8.11 license, the same with the current vBulletin products/plugins installed.
Quote:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /> <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin 3.8.PHP7273" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_important.css?v=38PHP7273" /> <!-- / CSS Stylesheet --> <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js?v=38PHP7273"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js?v=38PHP7273"></script>

ShikiSuen 04 Jan 2020 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lange (Post 2601442)
Same here, I prefer 3.8.X over vB4.x and vB5 (I have an active vB5 license too).

So, you don't have to upgrade to PHP5.x. Im not a coder but you can find a PHP coder to upgrade 3.8.11 to PHP7.2 +. How to hire a coder: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-vb-programmer

That's what I did. Im running 7.2.23 right now on cPanel. The source code in my version is called vB3.8.PHP7273 and it is working fine with my current 3.8.11 license, the same with the current vBulletin products/plugins installed.

There may be an alternative approach if one doesn't want to mess up with PHP upgrades.

The latest dotnet core (available on macOS, Windows, and Linux) accepts PHP as one of its development language.
https://www.codingame.com/playground...s-on--net-core

I have faith that this badass won't complain about deprecated PHP 5 expressions.

lange 04 Jan 2020 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShikiSuen (Post 2601668)
...The only thing I can share is a tutorial teaching genuine copy owners how to modify theirs to PHP 7.4 compatible version, but writing such tutorial can take a pretty long time.

Nice !


All my 3.8.11 products /plugins (about ten mods) work fine with PHP 7.2+ except the following two mods:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177552 (Cyb Chatbox)
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147344 (customized for a WordPress/vBulletin bridge)

I will decide in the next few weeks if I will still pay to upgrade these two products to PHP 7.2+. I am woking on my responsive style right now.

ShikiSuen 04 Jan 2020 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lange (Post 2601669)
Nice !


All my 3.8.11 products /plugins (about ten mods) work fine with PHP 7.2+ except the following two mods:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177552 (Cyb Chatbox)
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147344 (customized for a WordPress/vBulletin bridge)

I will decide in the next few weeks if I will still pay to upgrade these two products to PHP 7.2+. I am woking on my responsive style right now.

I am working on mine, too. vB3 default style utilizes too much <table> tags. My rewritten style only uses <div> tags with lots of flex-boxes.

P.S.: Please post here if once you have tried dotnet core with vBulletin 3.

lange 04 Jan 2020 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShikiSuen (Post 2601671)
I am working on mine, too. vB3 default style utilizes too much <table> tags.

I don't use the default style. I personalize a lot using conditionals.

I use this responsive style : https://www.sultantheme.com/product/st-vb3-responsive/ Demo : https://www.sultantheme.com/forum/

I bought close to 60% of the Sultanthemes themes (vB3 & vB5) and about 10 hours of personalized work. Napy8gen is a very good designer.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.