vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327743

ACP
by Hostboard
31 Dec 2019 12:51

vBulletin has always called home (vbulletin.com) from within the ACP for news and updates. Seeing as v4.2.5 is essentially dead in the eyes of IB, I was wondering where this code resides and how to remove it as it essentially is useless creates a slight delay in the display of the ACP home page.

Dave 31 Dec 2019 14:37

At /admincp/index.php around lines 190 to 195 there should be a third party script and a line of JavaScript that loads the latest version and renders it.

Hostboard 31 Dec 2019 16:55

Ah... There it is... Is it against the rules if I share the code I used to replace the "Header Frame" section? It eliminates the entire table and any calls back to the mother ship.

In Omnibus 31 Dec 2019 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostboard (Post 2601634)
Ah... There it is... Is it against the rules if I share the code I used to replace the "Header Frame" section? It eliminates the entire table and any calls back to the mother ship.

Can't you just comment it out?

Hostboard 31 Dec 2019 22:20

When code is depreciated and no longer used, I would much rather just remove it entirely.